Chapter 17 : Count Dracule and Gergo
270 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I travel far on carriage pulled by horses. There are two carriages, Viscount Callum and Baron Kyle are in the carriage in front while I am in the other carriage.


There are 6 minions with me, Yui, Kureha, Chucky, Pirlo, Sterling, and Awang. Viscount Callum asked me to meet the more senior noble in his faction, Count Dracule. At first, I wanted to ignore his invitation but once hearing the name, I was intrigued. I want to see how this Count Dracule look like.

Our carriages arrives at the destination after 2 days, stop in front of the gate as the men reining the horses answer questions from the guards.

Peering through the carriage window, I notice that all the guards are muscular and fit, equipped with even shields and armours. The security of Viscount Callum of 3 lightly equipped men were far cry from this highly equipped warriors.


My suspicions are correct, the 15 guards within the large compound are elite soldiers. The county's high reputation is certainly justified.

Our carriages are pulled smoothly into the wide driveway in the deepest part of the compound which is shaped like a flipped bowl on top of a hill. County's mansion is at the highest point of the bowl, overlooking the beautiful meadow scenery.

The carriages come to a sharp stop in front of the mansion door.

"Coming here will lead you to many influential persons." As we walk out of the carriage, Baron Kyle utters the advice. He is hinting that coming here would be beneficial for my career.

Behind the European themed wall is another world. 

The clean cut grass field, straight stone-brick pathway, and the building that is a fusion between classical European and modern simplicity comes together flawlessly without any contradiction to the two unique themes.

The open French windows adorned the first floor of the mansion, completed by white, square blocks around the rest of the building. Elegant but open, the 3 storey building stands out among the many single storey buildings within the large compound. The other buildings could be the servant's or office buildings. Viscount has 3 buildings within his compound but this count has 12 buildings within this compound.

The interior design amazes me further. The monochromatic living room is comforting, and the artistic furniture further enhance the lively feel. I personally feel at peace here. 

The butler brings me to tour the mansion. The dining room and kitchen are spacious and masterfully designed as well. 

The butler leads us up the stairs to the first floor which has been designed purely for comfort. The first floor is mostly made up of bedrooms but what shocks me is that every room is designed slightly differently. The intent is to allow the guests like us to freely select a room based on our mood. One of the rooms is monochromatic with an emphasis on simplicity, while another is decorated with warm tones to create an intimate atmosphere.

I enter into a room and stand on a balcony, and gaze out at the beautiful green scenery in light breeze.

Although it is still the middle of summer, the wind is slightly cool which could perhaps be attributed to the vegetation around the land. 

The green vegetation, elegant environment, luxury, and comfortable design are fullfilling.

Then, we are brought to the top floor which has count's closest family rooms and his office.

Only Viscount Callum, Baron Kyle, me, Yui, Kureha are allowed to enter. Others wait at waiting room just outside count's spacious room.

As soon as we enter, I am greeted with warmth. I am surprised by the generosity and welcoming gestures, making me slightly ashamed as I was continuously being adamant against his man, viscount Callum. 

I am mostly taken aback by the fact that Count Dracule is not like other grim nobles who act fiercely. 

Instead, he lacks the daunting vibe, seeming instead like a kind elderly man. Seeing me, he warmly calls me Hez boy. Aware of the situation, I respond bycalling him Uncle Dracule which infuriates other men in the room but is immediately calmed by the old man.

Count Dracule's wife is a granma with a kind features who personally serves us food without maids. It certainly gives me who has been venturing outside, a sense of home.

Beside the count, there is a middle age man with thick beard and moustache. He looks more serious. They introduce him as the count's son, Gergi. As I am having conversation with the old man, I keep most of my attention on Gergo for his reaction.

What does this powerful noble think about me?

Gergo nods three times and he looks into my direction with a look full of hidden meanings. 

"Hez, could you not fight for us against the Atonia?" Gergo casually asks as he sips his tea.

"No." I respond witbout hesitation before sternly saying,

"We are not strong enough to ensure your victory." 

"In our land, we have rules. Conscription is forcing peasants or anyone to fight for us in war." He says in tone fiill with intimidation. His gaze bores into me.

Cold sweat begins to drench m shirt as I think of possible repercussions.

"Since you mention this, does this mean our country is going into war soon?"

"Of course. There are fools and traitors who want to take action." He says while containing his anger.

Soon, his fierce gaze disappears, and he takes a sip of his tea with a smile on his face. 

"Don't be anxious. I won't ask you to invade another country. Hopefully, you can defend our land if invaders attack."

I let out a breath of relief.  To be honest, I am reluctant to go into battle unless the situation forces me to. Thinking about this point, I am not afraid, but I still feel a chill run down my spine. 

I originally have the ambition to take the my minions further into military field for my personal ambition, but now it seems as though I am overzealous. 

That night, we have dinner with the count's family and sleep in the mansion's rooms. Of course, I force Yui and Kureha to sleep in other rooms.

On the next day, as soon as we leave the mansion, I inhale deeply.

I then realize yesterday has been more tiring than living in the wilderness. 

"Why do I tire myself out?  Am I missing the purpose here?" I mock myself loudly as my minions look at me.


The only way to be safe is by building stronger military power. I felt helpless before Count Dracule and his son, Gergo because they could easily overpower me.Thus, we must be stronger. The onlygood thing is my minions woukd not receive too much hindrance from the ruling families, this danger fades in our infancy.

4