Volume 2: Exodus | Foreword
369 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Tomorrow we'll release the Prologue for Exodus! Also! Enjoy the new book cover! :)

Spoiler

[collapse]

Foreword

I never thought I would get as far as I did while writing Genesis, Rise of the Paragon. It all started with a simple idea: I wanted to write a System Invasion novel that was done in a way that didn't just throw everything out the window.

I didn't want an Earth that dramatically transformed, somehow being transplanted and stitched together with another world. I didn't want everyone on Earth to be transported to some other fantasy world, ignoring the fact that the Earth itself ever existed. I didn't even want a tutorial system that people were sent to and learned the system. I also didn't want a story that completely negated and nerfed Humankind's technological progress in some sort of effort to give credibility to a 'System'.

I wanted a story that could tell a true apocalyptic invasion of Earth. I wanted to portray a society that was caught off guard, that was suddenly faced with the unknown. I wanted widespread death, destruction, despair. I wanted the challenge humanity would have to face to appear impossible to overcome. Of course, that meant the demons themselves would be extremely overpowered at the start of the novel. Yes, Thomas is strong, even overpowered. However, the challenges ahead are even stronger. With every advantage imaginable, could Thomas still overcome his enemies? How will he respond when things begin to go wrong?

In the world of Rise of the Paragon, Humanity is faced with experiencing the complete breakdown of society. When enemies appear from nowhere, circumventing every conventional defense that the denizens of Earth had prepared for, how will people respond when their very way of life is attacked, torn asunder? How would nations react?

Volume 2 of Rise of the Paragon, "Exodus", seeks to answer some of those very questions. Volume 2 departs from Thomas's singular perspective and delves into realities faced by other characters within the world of Rise of the Paragon. In such a wide world, surely there are others who react differently, perhaps even prevail? How will these differing characters react when they meet each other? Will conflict ensue? Or alliances form?

Writing Volume 1, "Genesis", was an experience. I learned a massive amount about writing that I simply didn't know before. I poured over hours of writing tutorials and advice on Youtube, went back over my writing, made corrections, and I genuinely believe that my writing has improved dramatically compared to when I started. That becomes more apparent as I pour over the earlier chapters I have written. It's why I have begun to rewrite the earlier parts of Genesis, so that I feel that I am giving my readers the best that I can.

For those of you who have made it this far? Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, I can't even begin to express my gratitude that my work has caught the interest of hundreds. I also can't express the amount of appreciation I have for all of my Patrons who have supported me throughout this process. As a writer, it's difficult to put yourself out there, to pour so much energy into a work, and to fear how people will react. I've found myself consistently discouraged over much of the feedback that I have received, but I have also been grateful. It has helped point out flaws in my writing, as well as force me to improve.

I won't lie that the discouragement has, at times, gotten the best of me. But, I am determined to see Rise of the Paragon through. This adventure will be a long one, but I promise all of you that are joining the ride, that it won't disappoint.

Thank you, and welcome to Volume 2 of Rise of the Paragon: Exodus.

7