Chapter 57
6.2k 13 197
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I could feel the heat of the fiery spear as it arced towards me ready to strike me down by piercing through and burning my body to nothing. I briefly closed my eyes before snapping them open and rousing my resolve. My signature purple black flames erupted from me and formed a gaping maw that chomped down onto the spear and began to absorb it. I'd found that Yin from Yang worked for mostly anything considered Yang, turning sunlight to moonlight, warm to cold, and even visible light to shadow if I concentrated hard enough.

The magical fire created by Kali was no different and the Skill was clearly weakening the force behind the spear, enough for me to shift to the side so that it only took off a chunk of my abdomen, something that caused a rush of pleasure that pushed me over the edge. I unleashed a scream that started as if I was in pain, but ended in a soft 'ahn~' as I felt my entire body quiver along with my climax. It took all of my willpower to remain standing, but as I recovered I felt the speed of my recovery had quickened and my limbs were filled with strength allowing me to slowly step forward towards Kali.

Her face was filled with a fierce resolve as she summoned all manner of flaming projectiles and launched them at me. I had formed my flames as a shield that mercilessly consumed the fire, only allowing an insignificant amount of damage to actually reach me. My steps grew more solid as my recovery progressed and I grew ever closer to Kali.

Despite the fact that she was retreating as she shot bolt after bolt of fire at me, she wasn't getting any farther from me. In fact, she was beginning to slow as her mana was beginning to run out, while I only got faster as I healed. After a futile game of cat and mouse, Kali put her arms up and surrendered immediately vanishing from the Dreamscape.

I knew she hadn't really been giving it her all, as while she probably had run out of mana, she'd been fighting as if she was just any old fire mage. Kali was not only proficient in a melee, but it was actually her strong suit, her fire only serving as an additional technique to use against her foes.

I shook my head as I stretched before I suddenly heard the ring that meant a match had finished. It seemed the other three had died from their earlier overuse of magic, though better in the Dreamscape than doing so in reality.

There was a moment where I just listened to the jubilant cheers, along with some hate, that was directed towards me as I waited to be ejected from the Dreamscape.

Once out of the Dreamscape I took a moment to check my Status, only to see that one of my Titles had changed and that I'd gained two new Skills, though I had complicated feelings about the changes.

Empress had become Empress of Torment and the two Skills I learned were Bloodlust and Orgasmic Burst. As usual Vision of Seshat revealed nothing about Empress of Torment since it didn't have any tangible benefit, but the other two did have information about them.

'Orgasmic Burst: When experiencing an orgasm in a hostile situation user's combat strength and recovery speeds are greatly increased for a short span of time.' This explained the sudden further rapid healing I had experienced after climaxing fighting Kali, but I didn't understand why I earned it now. This wasn't the only time I'd cum from getting wounded, though it was the most intense.

'Bloodlust: Grants a nearly insignificant stacking boost to overall combat strength for each creature directly killed by you. Granted by Lives of the Past: Velen' I could only blink as I looked at this Skill. Not only did it describe the boost as nearly insignificant, but apparently it was granted by Lives of the Past. The Queen of Hell had mentioned that I would slowly gain abilities and memories from my past lives, yet I'd thought it would stop at Artifice.

Just in case I checked out Artifice, but it hadn't changed, so I wondered where or who it had come from. I decided to put off checking Lives of the Past as I wanted to slip away before anyone had the chance to talk to me. Unfortunately, it seemed that there was someone who knew how I thought or perhaps had thought it would be easier to talk to me by waiting on the scenic route to my room. A familiar silver-haired androgynous man. The prince, Taylor Rymiz.

197