Chapter 63
6.1k 12 190
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I leisurely spent time as I figured out my new Skills and scoped out my next opponent, the fourth ranked on the combat list, Desirae Vatni. As a member of the Vatni family she was very skilled in Water Magic and from what I could tell she seemed to be a magic focused fighter. Because there wasn't anyone challenging her I wasn't able to actually see her fight, but Seshat's Library had given me a basic breakdown of her abilities. While I was happy to know how skilled she was, it didn't actually tell me much about her fighting style. Even her class was vague, Water Dancer, a high tier class that enhanced her water based Skills and boosted her agility.

Finding out Desirae's fighting style was however of less importance than the situation I found myself in whenever I was amongst the other students. I was pretty sure it was an effect of Bastet's Allure, as that was the sole explanation for my sudden increase in popularity. The problem wasn't with the popularity itself as I didn't care too much about, but rather that the number of people who confessed their undying love to me had skyrocketed, that is it went from a couple a year, to one or two a day.

Sometimes it was the same people trying to win my affection, and if I was lucky their vision of love was normal. However, more often than not, my admirers wanted nothing more than for me to unleash abuse upon them. The biggest problem was that rather than being upset with rejection they seemed to enjoy it and always came back for more.

I was beyond frustrated and irritated with my so-called admirers, the only time I had a reprieve was during classes or when I was in mine and Arya's place. One of the first things I'd done when I was rewarded this place was to set up various wards similar to the ones the Yin-Yang clan had set up, the biggest difference was the strength of the effects. The clan's wards had been subtle and efficient, whereas mine were like a punch to the face and I hadn't bothered making any restrictions on who it would affect either.

The mana expenditure was massive when in use apparently, but since I'd set up a basic mana storage that I kept filled, it was always ready to be used. Arya had doubted the size of my mana pool when she saw the simple brute force method I had chosen, but on top of being able to maintain the wards by myself I still had remaining mana to practice magic, and my recovery rate was extremely quick as well. That said, I was unable to make a spell reach more than around fifteen in front of me unless it was Vibro, but my control of it beyond fifteen was extremely rough, making it currently non-viable in combat.

Arya was easily able to see my frustration and one day suddenly confronted me about it during our daily Yin-Yang cultivation sessions.

"You don't have to hold back for my sake you know." It was a matter of fact statement that interrupted the flow of the pose I was going into, causing me to hold back a moan as backlash in the form of an inky black wave of energy that blew a chunk of my flesh off, disintegrating it as the energy escaped my body. It wasn't the first time this had happened so Arya didn't even flinch as she continued the methodical steps of her Yang technique and my wound began to heal as purple black fire covered it. I was reckless with my energy and speed as I could easily afford to pay the price of the backlash, but Arya was much slower and used far less energy as a wound like the one I'd just suffered wouldn't be an easy heal.

I had barely managed to register her words. "What do you mean by that." I asked while mirroring my movements to hers.

She let out a heavy breath as she moved to the next pose, her voluminous mounds swaying and gently bouncing as she did. If it wasn't for the package between her legs swaying as well I probably would have lost focus once again.

Her voice was firm as she looked at me "You don't have to hold back. I know you are, you've been visiting your family less and always have a conflicted expression whenever you look at the note you got from the Skill Shop. Just please don't do it in the room, I'd like to be able to sleep."

I hadn't noticed her finish the steps as I opened my mouth to respond only to see her walking off.


Just got the news that my great-grandfather died. I'm not too broken up about it as I barely have any memories of him, but the chapters might slow a bit in the future as I deal with the family. I'll make a general post if I'm going to miss any daily releases, so you can still expect at least one a day unless that happens.

190