Chapter 105
3.3k 11 151
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My brain felt like it was short circuiting for a moment as I tried to process what Ilya had said. Of course I wasn't against it, I mean, the whole reason I came here in the first place was to get Kavir to re-acknowledge the engagement. It felt somewhat odd to me that not only had Ilya been the one to pressure me about my reasons, but was now essentially telling me that I should just marry Arya already.

I had to blink a few times while I looked at Ilya stunned. "I was planning on doing that." I said as I finally regained my composure.

"I'm not talking about a plan, or the distant future, how about two weeks from now? That will give us time to finish the preparations." she said, clasping her hands together. "The villagers are already setting up the decorations, and we can easily take care of everything else, all the two of you would need to do is get dresses made and decide on your vows, of course, that is if you're okay with an Elven wedding ceremony."

Ilya had somehow switched from a cold and serious mother scouting out my intentions, to a nosy in-law who was more excited for the wedding than the participants. That wasn't to say I wasn't thrilled with the prospect, but my relationships weren't exactly monogamous and two weeks meant that it would only be the Elven villagers who witness it, no one else I knew could not only get the time off, but get here as well, not that there were that many people I would have invited anyway. "I'm thrilled at the proposal, but you should know that Arya isn't the only one I'm romantically entangled with, I don't know if two weeks would-"

Ilya interrupted me by raising her hand. "So? I'm familiar that human custom usually dictates that their is a single wife followed by mistresses or concubines, but our culture has no such titles. Humanity does that because they have such a limited time in this world, and they seek to leave a heritage behind. We don't care for what we leave behind or what we are remembered for, what matters is that we did what we wanted, and a marriage is simply a bond and agreement between two sentient beings, that until they die and wither away, lost in dust, that they will share both their happiness and misfortunes together. Some can only make such a promise to one, while others bond with several people."

I had known that Elves tended to care less about many things due to their longer lifespans, yet it still came as shock to directly hear about, though I felt that their version of marriage was better than humanity's, as it was solely based around the feelings of the involved parties rather than something that was simply another tool to advance people's desires. However, despite the fact that it seemed like there wasn't any reason to oppose the idea any further, I wanted to, at the very least, check with Marian. "When you go so far, I really have no reason to decline, however, I want to check in with someone else, so give me a moment."

Without waiting for Ilya's response I put a hand on the choker and channeled mana into it, connecting to Marian in a matter of seconds. "I have something important to ask." I practically whispered as she was probably in class right now and I didn't want to alarm any of the students. Marian should have felt the ring lightly vibrate when I connected so she wouldn't be surprised to hear my voice and it didn't take too long for me to feel the same vibration as Marian's voice was transmitted into my ear.

"I was in the middle of a lecture, did something happen?" I could hear the concern in her voice, something I should have realized would happen when I started our conversation how I did.

"No, nothing is wrong. I know it has only been a day since we last talked, but it seems that Arya's parents want the two of us to get married in two weeks."

There was silence for a moment before I once again heard Marian's voice. "That's a good thing right? Isn't that why you went there in the first place?"

She wasn't wrong, but I could hear just a bit of disappointment in her voice. "It is. The reason I'm telling you is because I want to make sure you're okay with marrying a married person, once we deal with yours and Alcrem's relationship." I had no intention of making a hierarchy between those that I was in a relationship with, I just wanted to know if Marian was okay waiting.

There was more silence that seemed to drag out. "Of course I'm okay with it. I'm just jealous that Arya is first when I'm the one who's been with you the longest." Her voice had noticeably brightened as I had essentially officially proposed to her.

While it was true that she had known me the longest, technically, I had been romantically involved with Reine the longest, though the relationship between the two of us was not the same as it was between me and Marian or Arya. I didn't want to ruin her mood so I simply said a few more words before telling her to get back to her lecture.

Once I was done talking and focused back on Ilya I could see she was looking at me with an intrigued expression. "What an interesting tool. It allows you to talk to someone who isn't near you, and almost instantly at that. I recall Arya had a similar set of jewelry, does hers have the same function?"

I nodded in response to her question, which only caused her to become more interested. "Did you find it in Labyrinth, or perhaps a Dungeon?"

I shook my head. "I made them myself, though even if I wanted to make more it isn't possible to do so without the help of a friend of mine." It felt somewhat strange to refer to the third prince as a friend, but he wasn't just an acquaintance, though the term friend was probably a bit of a stretch as well.

My response caused Ilya's eyes to widen. "Really? The carpenter had said you were a craftsman, but I didn't think it applied to enchanting and metalworking as well."

I smiled smugly at her surprise. "I'm quite accomplished in all aspects of craft." I said proudly while indicating my clothing. "Everything I wear was crafted by myself personally, and much of Arya's clothing is as well."

"That's quite impressive to be so Skilled at your age. I had thought that you wearing Arachne silk clothing was simply showing off your wealth, but to think that you were the one to weave the clothes together, that would save quite a bit on costs, no wonder you have so much of it."

I smiled at the misconception and shook my head. "I spent nothing to make these clothes, I have an endless supply of free silk after all." So that she wouldn't question the validity I produced basic thread and began to pool it on the table using Thread Manipulation. Most tailors would probably have had their eyes jump out of their sockets if they saw the amount of silk I produced, so I had to give it to Ilya for remaining calm.

At least I had thought so until she stood up, her hands on the table as she leaned towards me. "You're going to make yours and Arya's dresses then, right? If you spare me some silk I'll make this the grandest wedding the village has ever seen." Ilya's eyes had a fanatical look as she looked at me intensely. "Things are going to be busy, I hope you're prepared."

151