Chapter 116
3.2k 5 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arya took a deep breath as she pulled her Status Plate out and activated it, revealing her Status. Just as with Marian, both her age, date of birth, and race had changed. She'd also gotten two Racial Skills, in addition to the Gift, Retainer of Light, so it wasn't that different from before, though her stats had risen more than Marian's, and her original Gift had changed as well.

Name: Arya Soluna (V)Strength: B Fire Affinity: S
Title: Retainer (V)Agility: A Earth Affinity: F
Class: Magic Archer (V)Willpower: B Air Affinity: C
Experience: 124 (L)Perception: S Water Affinity: F
Race: Ljosalfar (L)Charm: B Vibro Affinity: F
Gender: Female (N)Vitality: C Life Affinity: S
DOB: 08/14 Age: 0 (N)Intelligence: B Space Affinity: C
Criminal Status: None (N)Wisdom: C &!@# Affinity: F
Languages: Elvish(B), Common(C)
Gifts: Golden Crow Physique, Retainer of Light
Physical Skills: Expert Archery(5), Apprentice Staff Fighting(7)
Magic Skills: Expert Fire Formations(3), Adept Life Formations(2), Apprentice Non-Attribute Formations(2), Novice Air Formations(7), Novice Space Formations(3)
Passive Skills: Photosynthesis(3), Universal Yang(4), Avoidance(1), Devotion(10)
Racial Skills: Yatagarasu(1), Solar Flare(1)

'Ljosalfar: A mythical race said to have lived in the land of warmth and light. They are said to be the greatest archers, the most graceful of all the races and the most beloved of the Sun.'

'Golden Crow Physique: A unique evolution of the Pure Yang Physique. Through some strange means, the essence of the solar bird has fused into the original physique, altering and strengthening it.'

'Retainer of Light: A Gift obtained by undergoing a willing transformation into a race of solar beings. Increases the strength of any sun or light based Skills. Grants the Solar Flare Skill.'

'Avoidance: A Skill unique to a small portion of the Ljosalfar. As they are loved by the light, it will occasionally shield or hide them from their foes."

'Yatagarasu: A Skill that represents the manifestation of the Golden Crow. Each level grants a new manifestation. Available manifestations - Eyes."

'Solar Flare: A Skill that imbues the power of the sun into the user's every action.'

The vagueness of some of her Skills was bothersome, but if there was one thing I'd learned about vague Skills it was that their power was much better than that of more specific Skills. Unlike Marian I didn't think I'd really need to disguise anything on her Status since it all seemed to be non-demonic in nature, something I hadn't quite expected after Marian had become a Dhampir, but the Corruption Skill did say that it gave my retainers a form that best suits them. It was only now that I realized what kind of dark desires Marian might have never voiced, but I wasn't one to judge, especially when Ilya had told me that I should chase after whatever I desired.

Arya was excited to try out her new Skills and ability, something I was happy to tag along for to make sure she didn't end up hurting herself, or others. Though probably what she was most excited about was that the curse of the Unworthy Burning Yang no longer existed, she was free from a shackle that had restrained her for her entire life and I could tell by the lightness of her steps that she was beyond happy.

Likely for the first time in her memories, she would be able to bathe with others, besides myself, of course. However, she was still hesitant as it wasn't like she had lost the symbol of her curse, it still hung between her legs. It didn't take long for me to convince her that it wasn't such a bad thing, if she didn't have it we'd have to either abandon or rewrite the Universal Yin-Yang Technique, plus I was quite fond of her member and I didn't doubt that Marian would be pleased to have such a splendid addition to the debaucherous evenings we often had.

The plan was to spend at least another month in the village, mostly because Kavir and Ilya, or rather just Ilya, insisted that we needed to hold a proper celebration, something that she stated needed quite some time to prepare. We weren't currently in a hurry, so I was content to just laze about for a while and look through Seshat's Library, or help Arya get used to her new Status, though I didn't forget to work on my own Skills as well.

It wasn't long before the day of the village celebration and it was a spectacular event that was supposed to last the majority of the day. No one was working, and in addition to food and drink, there were also all manner of events, many of which centered on me and Arya, something neither of us had known about or expected. However, it wasn't bad to be the center of attention, especially when that attention wasn't hostile or filled with ulterior motives, but rather just genuine and pure intentions.

When Ilya had said it was going to be a big celebration I had been thinking it would be like a festival, and while I was partially right, it felt more like an event to venerate me and Arya rather than celebrate anything, but it was an enjoyable time nonetheless. Problems only began to surface as the sun went down and the alcohol came out.

Normally I tried to avoid drinking much since I'd learned from my past mistakes that me being unrestrained wasn't something that should be allowed, but when one was cornered by their in-laws who were already thoroughly wasted it was hard not to indulge yourself a bit. Both me and Arya ended up drinking quite a bit and generally just enjoying ourselves, and that was where it ended.

That was what I had thought until I'd woken up at least. Next to me was Arya who was clinging onto me as she usually did, however, there was a mess of limbs and bodies all around us. We weren't even in a room, rather, it seemed that I had set up a nest and some thirty odd Elves were all sleeping soundly naked around us.

It wasn't hard to imagine what had happened, though I couldn't think of how such a thing occurred. It wasn't only women in the pile of bodies either, the outer edge had some men, though the closer it was to me and Arya the less men that were around. I'd woken a bit earlier than the others but wasn't able to extract myself so I could only wait as the Elves began to rise on their own as the sun crested the horizon.

Like a chain reaction, once one started stirring they all began to stir and wake many of them clenching their heads and looking around in confusion at the sight before them. Most of them only took a few moments to comprehend what must have transpired last night while we were all too far gone to realize, but unlike the other Races, Elves were probably the most open when it came to relationships, so while this kind of event was unusual, it wasn't like there was anyone who'd get angry about a cheating lover or other matters.

Sexuality wasn't something to be avoided or hidden, as it was in human society. On top of that, they believed that it was totally possible and rather normal for one to have multiple partners at any given time, some were one-offs who taught a lesson, or reinforced something, while others would be companions for a time. In fact marriage was rather uncommon as it was a binding vow that despite any other partners, the two would be together until one of them died.

That was the only reason I was only slightly alarmed when I discovered that Ilya was clinging to my other side, though much lower than her daughter so I'd missed her when I'd first passed my eyes over the group of slowly waking Elves. I felt it was almost a shame that I couldn't remember what had transpired in the night, the experience of both a mother and daughter at the same time was not one that would occur frequently. There might be another opportunity while we were still here, but I knew it wouldn't be a likely thing as just as I promised myself to Arya for our lives, so too had Ilya done so for Kavir.

The biggest of my worries for that day however, was actually whether Arya had penetrated anyone else. It wasn't that I was jealous, but rather that it would be unfortunate if she left a child in the village without anyone's knowledge, something that I could only hope had not happened. Even if the child wasn't technically mine, since it would be Arya's I'd want to at least give her any freedom to make decisions regarding it. That said, it wasn't like we could wait around to find out if anything had come from the night, but I made sure that we would be contacted if such a thing did happen.

141