Chapter 149
2k 3 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was frozen, unsure of what to do with the woman who had mistaken me for my mother. Since she had called Ashara her daughter, I assumed that made her my grandmother, but considering she looked human, I wondered how exactly Ashara had been born an Arachne, especially since Arachne were only female.

It took me a few moments to finally regain my composure and place my hands on the woman's shoulders, gently pushing off of me. "I'm not Ashara." I said with a shake of my head. "I'm her daughter Vell. I suppose that would make you my grandma?"

I felt the woman shudder beneath me as she took a step back and looked at me carefully, a hand reaching out and touching my face gently and sorrowfully. "Ah, is that so?" There was a brief moment where the woman looked downcast and sullen before. "Grandma?" she said quietly, her expression morphing from sadness to confusion before she suddenly regained her vigor. "Ashara's had a daughter?!" seeming to have realized what I had said previously, I was bombarded with questions rapidly, no chance to respond to any of them.

It took me nearly a minute to calm her down as it was like her excitement was uncontainable. Once she'd regained some semblance of calm she coughed embarrassedly while looking towards the ground. "Sorry for my outburst, I just never thought I'd be able to see my daughter again, let alone a granddaughter. You can call me Irellia, or..." she trailed off, failing to finish her sentence, clearly embarrassed by whatever it was she was going to suggest.

I smiled at Irellia and took a small step back so I was next to Arya and Steria. "Grandma." I said, trying my best to sound endearing. Which caused Irellia's eyes to sparkle, like a child who'd gotten the present they most desired. "I already said this, but I am Vell, and this is my wife, Arya." I declared as I wrapped an arm around her waist, before using my other hand to do the same to Steria. "And this is Steria, my fiancé, and planned third wife."

I could feel Steria slightly tense at my words, a heavy blush crossed her face. I'd never spoken to her about it, but we were far past the relationship of master and servant, and I already planned on taking Marian and Reine with me, and even though my feelings for Reine weren't as strong as for the others, I was willing to marry her if she so desired, though I planned on treating any and all of my marriages as the Elves did, in that so long as we both were able, we'd be together. A commitment I knew that neither Steria, Arya, or Marian had any opposition to.

I knew that Marian was already disappointed that she hadn't been able to take the position of the first wife as I had already gotten an earful of complaints about it. She was after all the first person I seduced, and the first person I converted with Corruption and yet I had married Arya first.

That of course hadn't been my fault, I had thought that there would be negotiations and all manner of procedures for me and Arya which was one of the reasons I hadn't worried about it, yet Ilya and Kavir were extremely willing to marry Arya to me and I'd gotten swept up in it before I'd even realized.

I didn't regret it, but I wasn't about to marry Steria and relegate Marian to being the third wife. Steria wouldn't care either way and Marian only really felt that way due to the influence of human society. Regardless of the chronological order of marriage, or official position, I wasn't going to play favorites, and I hoped that they would all be able to, at the very least, get along, though I was pretty sure that while there would be plenty of one on one time, no one minded group play, especially when I could connect our senses of pleasure together.

Irellia had frozen at my statements, all the energy and excitement she had suddenly gone before she looked up towards the sky and muttered something I couldn't understand. After a moment she turned her attention back to us, a gentle smile over her face. "I'm glad that you've found partners to share happiness with, it's a shame that our family line will likely die out with you though. Ah, to think you would follow after the footsteps of your mother. Regardless, who is the third woman over there? Surely not the neglected second wife?"

My head cocked to the side in confusion at the first and second parts of her statement before I realized that she would of course think I wouldn't have any blood-related children. Common sense dictated that the sole way for two women to reproduce together was via Womb Slime, not something that could just be found because you wanted it.

I was also curious by what she was implying when she said I was following in my mother's footsteps. Had Ashara been more interested in women? But then why marry Demonweb? Why have a child with him? However, I figured I would have plenty of time to learn about my mother's habits later 

Having now realized the folly in my original thoughts, I could only laugh at myself, which caused not only Irellia but Steria, Arya, and Renae as well to give me an odd look. "Sorry, I've lived outside of common sense for so long that I'd almost forgotten that it existed."

I calmed down and gestured to Renae who was standing a bit away from everyone else. "That is Renae, she is an employee, my coachwoman to be exact. We're not romantically or sexually entangled, so you don't need to worry about me neglecting anyone. As for children, both Arya and I are capable of impregnating others, so it is quite possible that I or any of my wives bear a child."

The spark that had faded earlier reignited in Irellia's eyes as she looked at me seriously. "Really?" she asked incredulously. "Wait, don't answer yet, we should go inside, I've been such a bad host to keep you all standing outside."

I was going to say I didn't mind but Irellia had already turned her back and was walking towards the still-open door. With little choice I just shrugged and followed her in, stepping very carefully as I was afraid that the building could collapse at any moment. However, despite its decrepit appearance, it was still quite sturdy.

What was really amazing was Irellia's proficiency with webs and non-attribute magic. It was almost as if she had telekinesis or multiple invisible servants as the interior was quickly cleaned and she began to brew what I could only guess was tea. She invited us to sit down at a low round table in the center of the room, cushions as padding for us to sit on. She sat down as well, her magic and threads still making their way around the room and cleaning as well as bringing freshly cut fruit to the table.

Once we had all settled into a seat Irellia looked between us with a look of excitement and glee on her face. "You'll need to explain what you said outside, but first, tell me about what's happened in your life."

93