Book 1 Act I Scene 03 Adventure in Human World
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 03

Adventure in Human World

The third story began after Junpei leaving to the school and Randame left at home alone. How she got left alone was pretty obvious. It started with a simple conversation.

20 minutes ago.....

"Hey, you should go back inside."

Junpei said with an obvious tone. Of course, Randame refused by shaking her head. It seemed like she didn't like to be alone by herself. She stared up looking at him.

"Hey, why are you leaving?"

Junpei shook his head with despair look in his face again.

"Why do I have to tell you where I am going?"

"Huh? Do you know who I am?"

There was sudden silence.

"Hey! I said, do you know who I am?!"

Junpei, however, ignored Randame pushing her into the house with a loud sigh. It was so sudden. She didn't have a chance to respond or react.

Today was actually the final day of the school. That is why Junpei had to go. He wanted to say farewell to his close friends and talk about what to do in near future. He started to walk to school with peace finally. On the other hand, one problem came to his mind. That problem was Randame. He figured if she was this cranky, he didn't want to imagine what she was going to do with him.

And 20 minutes passed.....

Room full of garbage lying around and there lied three furniture. There were desk, bed, and chair. Desk was placed in corner of the room. The desk was so dusty, it looked like Junpei hadn't touched the desk for a week. Randame with fifth yawning kicked off the blanket wiggling her body with boredom.

"Hah! Even though I am out of Hellbeasts' aura, I gotta go out to find out how I can get out of here."

Randame got out of the house with exhausted face. Tranquil wind grazed her hair while the bright sun welcomed her. The sunshine made her hair color more golden. This made her golden hair stood more to other people. When people gave the looks. She felt all the stares around her. She wanted to ask where Junpei was, but in her eyes, people in the street didn't even care about her. But there was one who started to walk near to where she was, It was an old woman. Old woman was in her around early 80's. with wrinkled skin. She wore beautiful pink kimono. Her hair was dyed in silver mixed with a bit of white. She approached her with a smile.

"Why are you crying kid?"

The reason people could see Randame was because her aura was gone leaving her presence clairvoyant to others. As soon as she heard the word 'kid,' she stopped crying and stared at elderly woman pointing her finger at her. Her demeanor was very rough and disrespectful.

"Hey! Granny, who are you calling kid? Do you know who I am?"

The old woman stopped talking and stare at Randame with clueless expression.

"I am the conqueror of darkness, Randame!"

In this scenario, ordinary people would call police, but old woman was different. She just pat on her with her smile. Randame made the happiest cat face all of a sudden as if she had forgotten at the moment what she was doing moving her neck right and left. But, it was just for temporary, Her face got all red switching to her conscious state. Randame with her red face yelled.

"Ye, you! what kind of magic did you use? Is it mind controlling magic?"

She was still smiling.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Ha! Ha! Ha! You are not going to trick me twice!"

The old woman patted Randame again wanting her to respond to her question.. This time she didn't react this time.

"Hmmm, I'll let you off this time since you can't cast a spell on me, I am trying to find somewhere called school around this town."

She was confused because In real life, Randame looked like someone who was about to graduate kindergarten.

"Are you trying to go to kindergarten? But, there is only high school around here, Sorry, little girl."

However, she was too old to go with Randame.

"I am sorry dear, I am afraid I am too old to go with you."

"What? What? What?"

Because Randame was rather hothead and spoiled brat, she started to make uproar all of a sudden trying to attack.

"Take my scythe attack!"

With her Hellbeast's aura being gone, instead of swinging her scythe, she just threw her arm unable to summon her scythe making fool of herself. When she realized nothing came out, she tilted her head with confusion.

The old woman just gave a smile reminiscing her old times when she had kids herself.

"Ha, Ha, Ha, you remind me of my daughter, if I am correct, you have to walk there I am pointing at and turn right in the corner when you see one. Then you could find high school."

Randame didn't see her face before because she didn't care, but when she looked her calm smile, she avoided her eyes because it was too embarrassed for her. Then she stuttered.

"Ye, you! I'll let you go this time! Next time I'm not gonna hold back!"

Right foot, left foot, Randame skipped her feet, one at a time. This went around 7 minutes or so. As she was skipping with blank head, she forgot all about what the old woman had told her. Sun started to shine under her dazzling her eyes.

Few minutes later, Randame was too exhausted. She was sweating about to lose conscience, but something got her attention. She saw someone coming out of some store. It was ordinary convenient store. It was called AMPM. The one who came out of convenient store were two students. They were normal teenage couples. While the girl was exiting out of the convenient store, she found helpless Randame panting middle of the road . She thought for awhile pressing her chin with her index finger. Then she decided to hand out an ice cream she bought with her boyfriend. She asked looking at her as if she was fragile little lamb who was lost. .

"Do you want to have this?"

"Hey! Tanaka, we just bought that."

She turned to face him and spoke.

"C'mon, she looks like she hasn't eaten a bit."

The male student face palmed and sighed. The female student turned back again for more question.

"Are you lost? where are your parents? Where are you going?"

When Randame answered the question with the same when she encountered the old woman. She also had surprised expression on her face, but she assumed she was looking for her brother or sister..

"Hey, We know where the high school is, maybe we could take you there, it's lunch time for school anyway."

Her boyfriend didn't want to, but there was no choice, it was either follow her or leave behind his own girlfriend. Randame came between the two and they headed to the school. When they arrived, they said farewell to each other and separated. Finally, she stood in front of the front gate staring at the square shaped windows surrounding the two buildings and the clock tower in the middle.

"So this is school eh? It resembles a lot like 'Ruuduetekus(Mage word for Academy).'"

Randame went through the front gate then went inside of the school. The school was quiet, despite the fact that it was lunch time. There were no students in the hallway. There were only shoe racks, however, when she got up to the second floor, the hallway was filled with students wearing black uniforms.

Randame's hair stood out, but everyone was busy minding their own business. She was so confused and dizzy being in the same place with swarming students in the hallway. One of the male students happened to notice Randame from far away and approached.

"What are you doing in here? I don't think this is the place for a kid like you."

Sudden question startled her. It took few seconds to catch on what was going on.

"I am looking for somebody."

The student asked again.

"Do you know what he looks like?"

Randame didn't know how to describe what Junpei looked like, but there was one thing she remembered. It was his gray hair.

"Do you perhaps know anybody with the gray hair?"

The male student paused for a moment and thought for a moment and mumbled.

"Hmmm, are there any gray hair students in my school?"

He remembered one and told her where to go. With saying that, Randame, dashed though the hallway looking for Junpei. As she was dashing to find him, she was slowly getting her aura back.

0