Book 1: Act I Scene 07 Troubles
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 07

Troubles

Nursing room, which was in the third floor of the school. The floor was covered with full of ocean blue squared shaped concrete blocks. The mild wind breezed through two half opened windows making beds' curtain to dance. There were two white mattresses and pillows on the beds side by side. Next to the beds, there were varieties of drugs stacked accordingly on the desk. Seventh scene took place in the nursing room, where Shikihime and Junpei's injuries were being taken care of and treated by one of the doctor in the school. With all the crazy things happened in the last couple of hours made her wear out. Not only that, her damages were so severe, she had to wrap bandages around both her arms and legs. According to doctor, Junpei had far more injuries than her, but somehow the wound was closed and healed.  

Knock, knock

Someone was knocking on the other side.

"Hello? Is anyone here? I heard class president was here."

Female voice spread through classroom. The voice was so pure and beautiful. As if it was a sound of bird chirping. The girl carefully opened the door to look for the class president. This female student who opened the door was named Livingwood Rian, she had long bright yellow hair that came down all the way down to her waist and wore white long sleeves shirt under black vest and black skirt, an average school uniform like Junpei's. She had the most innocent  and naive face that could not be compared with.

When Junpei saw her, he couldn't stop looking at her. The reason was her voice sounded familiar along with her appearance.

"Ayayaya! wh, who are you?"

She approached him asking, but tripped by the edge of the door and tripped.

"Are you okay?"

Junpei asked looking down on her, but Rian stood up right away scratching back of her head and she gave out an innocent smile.

"Heh, Heh, I am always like this, sorry."

He started the conversation with no hesitation. He wanted to know who she was.

"Ca, can I ask what your name is?"

Rian's face turned red fast and scratched back of her head again.

"Hen? Is that a confession? Don't you think it's too fast? We just met today. Heh, Heh,"

Rian blushed and at the same time giggled. Junpei didn't know how to respond to that.

"Heh, heh, I was kidding. My name is Livingwood Rian."

But the conversation was cut off when she saw Shikihime. She was quite startled when she saw her sitting in the bed with the blank eyes. She had lost her conscious. She walked up to her. She slightly touched the arm that was bandaged and turned her head to where Junpei was. It seemed like she wanted answers.

"What, what exactly happened to her? The damage I saw earlier wasn't clearly done by normal humans."

"No, you don't need to know. I don't want people to get involve in this."

Junpei wanted Rian to stay away from Mages and Hellbeasts. He thought if she knew, she could get hurt. Right when she was about to get more information out of him, she saw something out of the window. It was ice. Suddenly pieces of ice fell down from the sky. The ice was shaped somewhat like sharp long diamonds. Each pieces of ice were small, but had powerful force in them. The moment when the ice fell on the ground, the impact was so powerful, every pieces of ice penetrated into the ground at least 1cm deep. There was only one reason why pieces of ices fell down out of no where, it was definitely magic. He quickly piggybacked Shikihime and tried to get out of the school with her.

"Heh? This is rare, you piggybacked class president without any hesitation even though you are in danger."

Rian said opening the door with a smile. Even at this moment, it was amazing that she was able to smile. Because ice was falling down where the front gate was at, he thought they could escape if they go to the back of the school. They slowly went down the stairs expecting to see an empty field.

"Good, no one is here!"

When they finally got to the bottom of the school, Junpei really thought they could manage to escape, but all of a sudden, the pieces of ice that fell from the sky before flew over to where they were. The ice started to assemble making a shape of human like a real magic show, except this time, a live living form actually appeared before him with no tricks or gimmicks. This live form was a Hellbeast. His name was Druel Bastaskel, he wore fancy white trench coat. He had spikish sky blue hair that came down to his ink black eyes and as for his back hair, it only came down to half of his neck. His height was around 195cm, a perfect height of a model. He had no weapons and his guard wasn't up, but his charismatic eyes were threatening enough. Instead of attacking right away, he introduced himself with a bright smile.

"Hello, my name is Druel Bastaskel."

Junpei didn't care about what Druel had to say. All he could think right now was to run. He looked around to find a way out. He needed right timing and opening to get out of this situation.

"Hey, what is going on?"

Rian looked around, but she didn't see anybody. She looked confused. She waited for Junpei to answer, but he stayed frozen.

"Let's run, Rian."

She was oblivious to what was going to happen next, but decided to run.

Druel on the other hand, was locked in his own thought. This went for a few second.

"You sure are rude, when a person introduces him or herself, he or she expects others to introduce him or herself.

He was rather calm and polite for a hellbeast. Before Junpei could make a move, Druel walked toward him. As he approached him step by step, he could feel the heavy pressure around him. He had no idea what he wanted exactly. The moment he was going to take a final step toward him, Randame made an entrance making little cyclone around her. Her body was wrapped around with chains and sharp crescent moon shaped metals attached in every end.

Druel didn't seemed to be surprised seeing Randame coming out of nowhere. Rather, he skimmed her top to bottom.

"Hmmm, golden hair with average height of 150cm, you must be in Dame clan. I am glad to meet you. Your father was amazing, but was not strong enough to survive. Maybe I would be able to see how strong you, Dame clan is. I mean your father died, but his legendary tale still lives in the world of Hellbeasts after all."

Randame raised her head to see the smile on his face. Randame was quite upset about talking about her father like that, but she tempered it down.

"You have no right to talk about my father like that."

Junpei had no idea what they were talking about. Why Hellbeast had to fight another Hellbeast and something related to her father. All they could do was observe them.

Randame made a first move. She jumped high up unleashing dozens of chains. In a flash, pointy metal at the end of each chains were pointing at Druel.

"I sense two different color of auras in you. It seems that rumor is true, inter dimension that could summon creatures out of our world. It's weird that Kyondame has different power as you. I guess Kyondame inherited the Yame clan's power and you inherited the Dame clan's power."

That was rather a long speech. Druel stopped the pep talk. When he focused his magic on his right arm, pieces of ice appeared out of nowhere wrapping his whole arm and crawling up to his hand. After his arm and hand were wrapped with ice, the ice still continued to grow making his whole arm like scale of a blue dragon and his hand looking similar to dragon's claw. The surrounding atmosphere suddenly got chilly and air got heavier than before.

Dozens of the chains extended and headed to where Druel was. One of the blade approached, but he tilted his body to left side a bit to dodge it. Every single time, blades tried to hit him, he tilted his body right and left to evade. For the last blade approaching him, he just caught it and broke into pieces with his frozen dragon claw.

"Che, This won't work. What are we going to do?"

Randame talked to triangular hat she was wearing. There was a long pause. Then Kuro who merged with her spoke in inner mind.

"This guy is trouble. We have to somehow escape him for now."

Randame hesitated coming down from the mid air. She could finally feel how strong the pressure was around Druel. As soon as she land on the ground, he stomped the ground. The ground started to freeze only in his boundary, but in a flash, entire field ground was frozen. This made her out of balance slipping.

Ow!

Her hat dropped and slid making a distance with Randame.

"Don't worry, I am not that weak. I will kill you in a flash with no pain, I will promise you that."

"You!"

Randame faced the other way to see what happened to Junpei and the others. She needed help, but could not raise her voice to say it. She was too exhausted to do so. When she tried to lift her humble arm to reach out for a help, on the frozen ground, ice that looked like threaded needles came out and attached to her body making her immobile.

Seeing Randame struggling helpless, Rian walked up to Druel carefully

"Wait! Rian, What are you doing?"

It was Junpei. now yelling from the long distance. Rian stood in front of Randame. She had no ideas what was going on or situation was , but she definitely knew that Randame was going to die. She put her arms wide open to prevent from him to attack.

"Please, don't do this, I beg you. Violence is not the answer."

"Ah, innocent girl, who can't even see me. How brave of you. I admire your action, but this is it."

When Junpei heard what Rian and Druel were saying, he put Shikihime down and slid on the frozen ground to associate with her.

Druel stared at Junpei with suspicion. His aura was split in half. One human's aura and one Hellbeast's aura.

"Hmm, as I thought you are different. One is an aura of human, but another is an aura of Hellbeast, but this Hellbeast's aura is gradually dominating the human's aura. "

When Junpei finally got up to where Rian was, he stood before her trying to talk her out of it, but Druel didn't wait.

"How cute, but I am afraid time is up, he lifted up his left arm casting the spell.

Ecexeloy (Freeze)

Ecexeloy meaning freeze, this spell allows user to freeze someone, it cannot be melt by fire in the human world. The ice is so solid, it cannot be broken that easily either.

At the moment Junpei was going to freeze, Rian quickly pushed him aside constantly freezing. When he saw her. She became just like ice sculpture itself. he yelled out her name.

"Rian! Rian!"

While Junpei was worrying about Rian being frozen, Druel approached him.

"You sure are interesting. Half human, half hellbeast, but I am sorry, I was asked to execute everybody in my sight."

He raised his hand that looked like a dragon claw and smashed Junpei in the head. The heavy impact gave a strong clash enough to blow him away.

Junpei definitely thought he was dead by now, but instead, he was able to sense his body. And also the sound of the wind breezing through the grasses. This situation felt familiar. He rubbed his eyes to see where he was. His thought was right. He saw the grasses dancing and bright sunshine looking down, and in front of him, he saw one girl with long golden yellow hair wearing nothing.

0