Book 1: Scene 13 Act I Resolution
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 13

Resolution

Ray of light finally faded away and sun was about to set. Where Druel was standing, cold freezing wind blew out everything in its path. On the contrary, where Sonya was standing, hot fired moist air filled up the atmosphere. As they were facing each other, there were no words. Not a single second to waste, ice dragons and fire hydras made a move. All the ice dragons flew up looking down at Sonya and hydras. Then they dived down to where Sonya was at. The thirteenth scene follows after where the last scene left unfinished.

When all the dragons dived at Sonya, five hydras rotated around Sonya making a barrier handling opposition. Dragons backed down when it was impenetrable. This was just a beginning. This time, they started to make headbutting clashing each other to wear them out. All of a sudden, five hydras took a chance to jump in to exterminate the dragons. When they were in contact each other, they bit off each other and tried to tear apart. This went for a while. As they were biting with their fangs, at the same time, they moved in circular motion trying to avoid the attack too. The view of clash between dragons and the hydras showed such elegance and beauty, yet brutal and savage scenery.

"Oya, oya, I guess our pets are having fun."

He slightly bend his waist to make a move on Sonya. He hastily went behind Sonya to slash her down with his dragon claw. However, Sonya knew he was coming. She put her arm behind unsheathing her katana to block the claw. Druel let out his smile with joy.

"How sharp. I guess I'll go serious this time."

"Are you saying that you weren't serious all this time?"

Sonya reacted fast to kick his leg to make him lose balance. Seeing Druel falling for a simple attack, Sonya knew he was also worn out as well. Right when he tried to make a comeback, She pointed her katana at him and murmured.

"Bloomed Roses in the Spring."

Dozens of little roses bloomed appeared out of nowhere and they exploded right infront of Druel.

Kehh......

Druel managed to stepped back away from explosion, but this time he was coughing out blood. He was smiling regardless how injured he was.

"Hmm, I guess you were right. Even though you were in clutch, you managed to make me cough out blood. That I congratulate you."

Sonya smiled back.

"Heh? Now that I was acknowledged by you, can I at least know who....."

Before Sonya finished her sentence, Druel interfered.

"Nah, I can never tell you who I am because you are going to die now."

This time he murmured for the first time.

Zein Myuou: Uxandao Ellois (Thousand Crystals)

In a flash there were hundreds of rectangular ice surrounding him. The atmosphere suddenly got chilly. Everything that was within or close to rectangular ice were all frozen. Even the burning hydras were frozen solid like an ice sculpture.

"You sure are prodigy, but lack experience. That is why talents cannot win against hard work and experience. I thought this was the right time to show my trump card because I felt your magical energy fade away."

"Che..."

When Sonya heard what Druel said, she hesitated to make a move.

"Don't worry, I am not that cruel, I promise you, I will kill you nice and fast with no dust behind."

Before both of them could make a move, ground started to shake and darkness filled the whole field. Every dust and sand were covered in nothingness. Deuel and Sonya felt no aura around them nor any heavy pressure. He looked around him trying to figure out what was going on. The nothingness rise above to cover up all the rectangular ice floating ice around him. He paused for a moment to think looking at Sonya. Then he asked out of curiosity.

"I am guessing who is around now, don't you?"

Right when she had a chance to reply, somebody appeared from under the field. Through nothingness that was dyed in black. The one who appeared was named Enigma. He was slightly shorter than average human. His body was wrapped around with long white bandages top to bottom along with his partial face. Only part that wasn't bandaged was his sharp emerald eyes. He wore dark blue cloak that covered all of the bandaged body and put on matching bandanna that covered his hair. He also wore black with white striped pants that was worn out. Behind his back there seemed to be six staff shaped weapons that were also bandaged tied left and right. He turned his face looking at Sonya.

"Fujikawa san, Care to explain why you are here?"

There was silent in the air.

"I'll take that as you don't know."

Then he looked the other way to face Druel. He was rather composed.

"Druel Bastaskel, one who participated in the second war, what are you doing here?"

"Hmm, how did you know my name?I didn't know I was that famous."

Druel just shrugged it off keeping his composure as well. But, he was still shaking from the injuries that he got earlier. Enigma ignored his words.

"I wish you to stop this fight."

Druel bluffed as he coughed out few blood out of his mouth.

"Strong words coming from who just interfered the fight. What is your intention? One of the members in Peace Maker?"

Peace Maker, one of the guild in the World of the Mages. Rather, it was more like a group. This group was formed Mages from guild from Empty World. It was one of the infamous group out there. The reason was because it was the group which Takashi had formed. Those who were in the guild were so strong that they were no compared to those who were in high class ranks.

"Sorry to tell you this, but Peace Maker was abolished when Kanatsuki san disappeared. So enough talking, can you take my request in action?"

Druel didn't say anything. Instead, he swung his arm backward. There was nothing there, but when he did, there were cracking the air as if though there were something there. The Powerful swing made a huge crack in the air shattering the background filled with blackness.

"Well, this was well played trick. However, illusion level like this can't fool me."

As the blackness disappeared, everything turned as it was before. Of course his thousands of rectangular ice was floating in the sky as well. Druel kept talking.

"Well? is this all you got or do you have more?"

Enigma paused for a second to observe around looking at the full view of the field. He spotted Rian, shikihime, and Randame, and Junpei. When he was done observing, he faced where Druel was. He grabbed a far left bandaged staff. When he flourished the staff around, the bandage loosened up to show how staff looked like. Staff he was holding was dyed in color of dark brown. It seemed it was made by thick brick that was well curved. Just like any other staff, top was curved in rugged round shaped and as it goes down to bottom, it got thinner to make it look like a handle so anyone could hold it. Top to bottom was wrinkled and worn out.

"Then I guess there is no choice."

When Enigma put his staff down on the ground, the ground vibrated to make a weird sound. Out of sudden, dozens of purple magical circle was drawn in the field. Symbols that were drawn in the circles were rather unique. There was one small circle in the middle and four triangles were pointing at the circle.

"Another illusion? Are you trying to put me aside because you are perhaps scared?"

Without a reply, mist appeared out of the circles surrounding Druel. The mist became heavy. The heavy mist bothered his eyes to blink. And in the blink of an eye, he was in another location. He was in the middle of the tall grasses. The sky was bright and the sun was dyed in blue instead of yellow. The azure light shined down on him. He noticed the blue light and let out a sigh.

"Hmm, I thought he possesses the illusion magic. Is this still an illusion or does he have another type of magic?"

0