Book 1: Scene 19 Act I Kaori in action
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 19

Kaori in action

The room was quite small, but big enough to fit all of them. There were more than book cases full of books and tubes with weird liquids. There were also coffee pot where Mages could make coffee and drink when they were tired like normal humans did. There were more than one desk. There were desks right and left. And on every single desk, tubes holder were set up. Some empty, some half full tubes were put accordingly in the holders. One more thing about this room was a bit different with the lobby. Instead of room dyed in white, there were red and blue paints spread out in weird patterns. The nineteenth scene will explain more about Kaori and her roles in in the guild. In the room, naked Shikihime was lying on the floor at the back of the room. As for Yuri, she was sitting in front of her to make sure she was safe. However, Randame somehow was was not in the room. Sonya went up to Kaori about to say something. Lastly, Junpei was still looking around to enjoy the view in the room. Of course he was first time seeing a lab so it looked amazing, but not only that he was still amazed by how the room was designed. While he was observing every single details about this room, he noticed Shikihime and Yuri.

"Hey, is she okay?"

Junpei was just worried, but Yuri refused him to be near. She was also hesitant about him looking around because he might sneak on to Shikihime and see her important parts. Junpei saw her how desperate she was.

"You, you! don't even think about it."

"Hey, hei, c,mon, he is just a young boy who is curious about women. Let him see."

Kaori interrupted the conversation teasing Junpei, but he didn't even blush. He just put the hands on the back of his head and turned around to see the test tubes he was interested that he was interested earlier.

"Che, you are no fun. Are you gay or something? No interest in girl's body?"

Junpei was rather confused. He had no idea what her motive was.

"You know I am into relationship. I like how humans talk about love in chemistry. Ever since then, I was interested relation ship between guy and a girl."

She went up to Junpei and tapped his shoulder trying to see his priceless face, but still nothing. She then sneaked up to Sonya pecking her lips on her cheek. Then she added.

"Of course, relationship between girl and girl too."

As she gave a V sign with a smile after she pecked on the cheek, Sonya trembled with awkward face. She pushed her away instictively. Although she was all grossed out, she moved on to smack Kaori's head with her hand.

"Baga! I thought we were in a hurry to help melting this ice."

She was referring to frozen Rian who she was carrying with her fire magic. Fire was floating surrounding her so that it could not be touched by any objects. She put her down beside fainted Shikihime. Right when she was dropped, the whirl of fire disappeared. Kaori bent down to see her closely.

"Hmm, hmm, let's see."

Kaori went to the book cases behind her to search certain test tubes. As she was finding she started humming.

"hmm, hm, hmm, hmm, hm,"

She picked some of them and put it down to see what liquid were in them. She then paused for a moment as though she was lost her thought. She tapped her chin with the tip of the index finger.

"Let's try this."

She grabbed few bottles in the book cases and took them to the desk. After that, she seemed to search something in the four stacked drawers that was under one of the desk. In the third drawer, she found another bottles in it. This time, she didn't bend down to take the bottles. Instead, her ink black hair separated into five stretching all the way down to grab the bottles. Junpei's jaw went down as she bind the bottles up to the desk. When she held one of the test tubes full of liquid, each stretched hair opened the lid and put it in the empty test tubes.

"Heh, heh, sulfuric acid, hydrochrolric acid, sodium hydroxide, silver nitrate, and hydrogen peroxide should do it."

When the liquid slid got inside of the tubes, it made a boom sound. Junpei astonished at the sudden sound. He stepped back instictevely. He then looked at Kaori with suspicion. He had no idea what she was doing, but he knew that what she was doing was more dangerous than he thought.

"Don'tye worry, I know what y'am doin."

All the stretched hair dropped the bottles to grab something from drawers which was in the under the far right desk. This time, in the second drawer, it took something that somewhat looked like a charcoal. The object is called Joubehm, it is black rock that could only be found in the Mage world. It is not hot when it is formed as solid form, but when this object were to be rubbed against something, it gets heated in a few seconds. So this rock helped to heat up something .Her hair passed it to her and she started to rub it against the desk making black powders. When enough powders were collected. She gathered them all to put them in each test tubes with same amount. The color of liquids in the test tubes turned gray as the powders touched the liquids. Next she brought a lab cup. cup was designed just like in the Human world. It had millimeters written in white front side of the cup.

"Almost done."

Her hair bind each test tubes and poured them in the cup. As liquids were filling up the cup, she lloked at Sonya as if she was waiting for her to do something.

"What do you need me for?"

Sonya stared back at Kaori with confusion.

"grab this 'n heat the cup a bit."

"What! I am not touching that, I know all about your work and not a single thing is not dangerous."

As she refused with a frown, Kaori shrugged it off. It seemed like she was teasing her.

"Ah, well, I guess we are not going to save this poor, poor, I mean poor little girl after all."

As Sonya gave a weird face, she let out a sigh putting her hands in front of her. Kaori gave the cup to her with a smile full of mischievous.

As soon as she touched the cup the gray liquid boiled up It started to change the color while boiling. Color of liquid was now blue.

"Thankya, with mixture of chemicals and Joubehm's powder, the liquid will be temporary hot in fairly high degrees. This would be powerful enough to weaken the ice. In addition with strong fire magic will be enough to melt down the ice. Sonya, you should pour that on to the ice. Joubehm is not quite heated, but when mixed up with chemicals like that, the effect will go out of control."

Sonya wanted to get mad at Kaori, but there was no time. she pushed Yuri out of the way and poured it on the ice. when she was pushed to the other side, she looked at Sonya with irritated face, but there was no helping because Sonya was scared. It was not that she did it on purpose, she did it because she panicked. As the liquid slide on the ice, color of ice started to turn black. As the ice was turning black, Sonya knew what to do. She snapped her finger to summon small portion of fire. This small portion of fire covered ice sculpture. Nothing was seen, but fire for a minute. Rest of the them were waiting for Rian to be her normal self again. Finally, when fire disappeared, there was Rian with cloth all burnt down Then she opened her mouth.

"Whwew, where am I?"

0