Book 1: Scene 20 Act I A challenge
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 20

A challenge

Finally, ice had been melt, Rian's temperature got back to normal, now all they need to do was to go back to Human world. The twentieth scene continues from where scene nineteenth left off. Everyone in the lab stared Rian waiting for us to say something more. As they were staring right through her, Yuri changed the direction to Junpei She pointed her finger at him and shouted.

"Hey! Get out!"

Junpei looked confused, but Yuri just pushed him away opening the door to get him out of the room. Seeing second floor again, he noticed something little bit different than the first floor. It was designed as if it was a small cafe. There were four round tables with four matching round chairs under each tables. Behind those tables. These tables and chairs were made out of humble bricks. Little away from these tables and chairs, there was rectangular shaped steel stood. Four long steel legs were attached in every angle. On the steel table, there were recipe for coffee and some other beverages in the notes. There were also Ice machine, coffee pots, and mixer. This made him think that why would cafe be here when there is one in downstairs. He also thought it was too small to be in it. Since there were eight rooms total, the objects might get in people's way.Right when he was going to take a look at the notes on the table, sudden riot came from downstairs. The sound was not clearly heard because there were so many voices. Out of curiosity, Junpei went down the stairs to see what was going on.

"Like I said, what is Hellbeast like her doing here? Especially who is in Dame clan?"

The one who raised the voice was called Keshi Nora. She had pink long hair that went down to her shoulders. Her height was around 160cm. Her eyes were shining like emerald and her lips were colored by peach colored lipstick. She wore brown and yellow striped shirt that had buttons all the way down. Her waist down were just ordinary blue jean. Lastly, she was wearing red slippers. She reminded Junpei of a country woman. Randame, of course was shouting words out. They were both hot headed girls. Before something dangerous between the two, Shinji interfered.

"Now, now, ya should all calm down."

Right then Shinji spotted Junpei.

"Hey! There he is! Ya kno he is Hellbeast too."

Nora turned her face to where Junpei was. She skimmed him top to bottom. She was staring at Junpei rather long. When he stared back, Nora turned the other way and faced Shinji completely ignoring him.

"What the hell is wrong with him? He ain't Hellbeast. He sorta has mixture of Mage and Hellbeast aura."

Shinji wasn't surprised, but acted surprised anyways.

"Ah! Really? I didn't kno that! First Human, then Hellbeast, then Mage and Hellbeast?! How could that be?!"

Nora knew he was being sarcastic right away. She stared at Shinji sharply wanting more answer. He shrugged it off and replied with the serious face.

"He is just like Kanatsuki, except, he is a child who has parents of both Hellbeast and Mage."

"Wha, what? Then Why did I have human aura until now?"

Junpei raised his voice asking a unsolvable question. Shinji paused a while to think. Nora was as clueless as he was.

"Good question indeed. For now, I don't know, but I do know that your parents have the access to Mage and Hellbeast world and fell in love to have you. I lived more than hundred years, but haven't heard of single Mage or Hellbeast who fell in love with opposite race. Not only that being able to fuse human's aura into it, they might have been contacting human too."

Junpei indeed was confused. His identity was now uncertain. At least for him anyways. He knew he was born in Human world and raised by humans. He never was suspicious about his parents. However, he never knew who his parents were. From what he knew, his parents were divorced when he was in only elementary school and was raised by his aunt. Unfortunately, his aunt died by car accident. Thereby, her aunt's possessions were inherited to him. That was how he was able to afford the one room house, school's payment, and supplies in order to survive.

"Hey, Hey! Wait a minute, my parents are humans."

As he was shouting, he was a bit hesitant and doubting himself. His pupils in his eyes were shaking, begging to be a lie. On the contrary, Shinji didn't say anything. He just stared at him as though he knew the answer. On the other side, Randame knew she was treated like nothing. She was ignored half way through after all.

"You, you! Why are you ignoring me? Who cares if he is a half Mage and half Hellbeast. I have to go back to Hellos."

Right when she finished her sentence, there was a knock on the other side.

Knock*

They looked at each other thinking the same thing. Which was who is on the other side of the door. When there was no answer, this time there were two knocks.

Knock* Knock*

Shinji went up to the door and asked.

"Who, who is it?"

Then there was a reply. The voice sounded like it was from mid 30s. The voice was deep, but not that deep.

"Umm, It's me Wataruske Maxias, there seems to be 'Leheinvus' guild looking for a challenge."

"Eh? A challenge?"

When Shinji paused and what today was, another voice came from other side.

"Don't you ever decline our challenge, you do know that it's magical competition season right? If you are not going to open, I'll have to slicethis door down."

"Hey, hey, c'mon, we don't have any ground user yet, it will take forever to rebuild that door."

The voice replied back.

"Then you are going to open this door right? I remember you declined our challenge last year, so you better open this door."

Shinji wanted to accept, but with all these crazy situations going on right now was enough for a day.

"Umm, umm, about that, can we do this maybe another......"

Before Shinji was about finish his sentence, the door was sliced in half. And there was one man holding a long katana with his right hand.

0