Book 1: Act I Scene 23 Water and water
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 23

Atmosphere in the air stiffened, rest of the Mages were staring only at the stage and two Mages in the middle. Nora started moving before Detsu did. She ran across pulling out a knife from her pocket in the pants. The knife had three rings at the bottom of the handle. She hastily put on the ring on one of the fingers. As she dashed around to make a move, she grabbed the knife that was hanging around her finger. She tried to finish quick, but on the other side, before she was about to cut her off, Detsu exactly expected what she was going to do next. She stepped her foot on the ground to step back to avoid the attack. The twenty third scene is all about Nora and Detsu.

"Y'kno, ther is no need to hurry. Just chill."

Detsu stood up straight up with her sleepy eyes. Next she straightened her arms down. As soon as the arms were down, In the right side of her arm, one long metal pole slid down through pajama.

"Heh? Interesting weapon, you got there."

When Detsu grabbed the pole, she swing nice and good to make a huge wind breeze. Nora covered her face with her arm to block the wind, but it was too late. She wasn't there when she checked afterward. Still, she could sensed the aura of hers. She looked surrounding trying to track her down. Finally, she sensed something from above. Immediately after, sky blue magic circle was drawn and poured water as though it was a waterfall.

On the contrary, Noa didn't panic. She raised her arm just to make a fist with open palm. Suddenly, water that was falling like waterfall stopped instantly. This got her attention. She looked up with a smile on her face.

"I see, I see, you are Water Mage too. This should be entertaining."

While talking to herself, she ducked down to dodge the sudden pole attack coming from Detsu. She took her chance to go behind her hastily to give deadly blow with her knife. With fast reaction, she noticed an attack. She moved as if she was planning something. She put her arms front and back and she loosened the grip on the pole to slide the pole to the back.

"What?!"

This caught Nora off guard. The pole hit Nora's chest giving huge damage. Fortunately, she was able to withstand the attack. She balanced her battle pose to stare at Detsu. She complimented her.

"Nice trick you got there."

"This is justa begginnin."

Detsu gave a loud sigh.

"Geuudurein (Rain slice)"

She finally let her long pole in expose. She approached Nora, she couldn't even see her coming. She moved in circular motion to trap the pink haired girl. And at the same time, she demonstrated her pole expertise by attacking in various way. Every time the pole hit Nora, it looked like she was hitting once, but it was actually twice.

"Be careful, you mot be a member fr'm infamous Empty guild, but therer tonz of Magese wrk'n te be strongre."

With dozens of hits, Detsu smashed Nora's shoulder with the pole. There were seeral chances where Nora could dodge the attack, but she didn't. She stood up with bruise on her body looking up.

"I was wondering what kind of tricks or style you use with your magic since we have the same type of attribute, but I guess not. Or are ya too scared to see how foe will use water you summoned to get advantage by using your water?"

Seeing how serious Nora's expression was, she stepped few steps back.

"Water eh?"

She lifted first two fingers up as if she was casting a spell. As Nora was confused at what her hand gesture was for, dozens of magic circles appeared under her. When she looked down, she noticed what she was doing the whole time. It was her sweat. With all the work up, it made her sweat. Every single drop of sweat were now on the ground. The sweat on the ground rise up to attack her. This every single drop of sweat approached at her with the speed of bullet.

"Seriously? Was this what you were after?"

Nora dodged as if it were nothing special until tip of the long pole hit in the head. Detsu was able to catch Nora off guard to manipulate water to burst her pole straight to her head. With the big impact on her head, she sneaked up to Nora and grabbed her pole once again to strike down once again.

"Eh, you are nothing special, ya know that. You kept babbling with such nonsense. Infamous guild Empty World? So just because members are in the guild, they are strong? You are deadly wrong. We, members in Empty World work harder than anyone, that is why we are at the top and trying to keep it up to its name."

Nora crouched down with one of her leg stretching on the side to prevent the deadly blow. She put one hand on the ground to balance and another raising up to tap Detsu's pole away. But her grip was tight so she was only able to push her away into different direction. Her plan didn't work perfectly as she thought. However, it went go smoothly enough to catch her guard off.

Next she, crossed her leg to make Detsu to trip. While she was about to fall on the ground, she put both her hands on the ground to let her legs do the acting. She stood with her hands to swing her legs constantly. Then it changed the patterns to make it look like as though she was break dancing. As her feet hit her repetitively, water started to surround the surface around them. This caused water to form a small whirl of water to water tornado.

"What the hac is going on"

Junpei asked while watching with confused face. On the contrary. Shinji said with the smile.

"Hmm, this should be more entertaining than I thought. What are you going to do next, jammy girl?"

0