Book 1: Act I Scene 24 Water turning into blood
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 24

Water turning into blood

Outside of the ring, in each side, there were total of six Mages and one Hellbeast observing the match between Nora and Detsu. The atmosphere was tense, both guilds were supposedly cheering their own member, but Shinji was actually rooting for the opposing team. Members in Leheinvus were so worried about her, they bit their lips and hoped she was fine in the water tornado. The twenty fourth scene continues from where the last scene left off.

"Hey, Jammy! What happened to your proud? I thought you were going to win this fight."

Junpei turned his face to Shinji strangely.

"Are you sure about cheering an opponent?"

"Ye don't understand, don't ye? It's not really about winning, it's about how one has potential. And I believe that Jammy girl got what it takes to defeat Nora."

"Nah, Master is just being a troll."

Maxias sat back comfortably leaning against the wall holding his katana upside down pinned on the ground. As he was saying looking up at Junpei, he asked a question to Maxias.

"I was meaning to ask you something. Are you a Mage? I sense different aura than others. It's not eerie, it's not flexible...."

Before Junpei could finish his sentence, Maxias jumped into the conclusion by continuing his sentence.

"compressed down? I am not a Mage per say, I am a swordsman. Every Swordsman has compressed aura and when in battlefield, compressed aura gets loose to make a whirl around us. Although we are in the category of human kind, this aura called Warrior's will allows us to sense through Mage's aura and also let us to see their life form appearance."

Maxias explained no more. Despite the fact that Junpei was completely puzzled.

"Look, things are going to be interesting."

Back to the ring where two mages are in the tornado of water, Detsu tried to keep track of how many time she was getting hit and also time gap between left kick and the right. This took up quite a beating, but she finally cracked a rhythm of each kicks. She put her pole in front of her to block one of her attack to strike back. She threw herself up front spinning making dozens of spinning waves coming out of her body. Dozens of waves blew Nora out of the tornado.

"Urgh."

With no wasting a second, she touched both sides of the tornado to make waves of water once again. Soon the tornado Nora made was starting to disappear and dozens of waving water made an appearance floating in the air.

"Ah man, that hurts."

She put her hand on the ground and sat looking up just to find dozens of waves.

"Whoa! Look at those waves! You know you are impressive, I'll give you that."

She stood up slowly with minor bruises. When she stood up, she pointed at waves in front of her just about to attack her.

"Ya know, when Mages encounter a Mage with the same attribute, they are able to get advantage with foe's magic, however, since magic source came from other, it will take time to make it yours."

Detsu understood what she was saying, but she was sure she had an upper hand. But when Nora lifted index finger up as if she had something on her sleeves, she knew something bad was going to happen. Way above her, there were still water yet to be manipulated by her magic. When she looked back at Nora, she was smiling.

"Surprise!"

around the whole water, magic circle was drawn. The water quickly manipulated its shape to look like a huge shark. The blue shark opened its jaws to swallow all the waves Detsu created along with her. She had enough stamina to move, but the shark was way too big.
Detsu tried to manipulate the water to hers to make her way out. It was no use trying since there was Nora holding all the water together. While she was trapped inside of the water shaped like big shark, she took out several knives in her pocket grabbing them between all ten fingers. Then she through them into the water making them to float around in the water along with Detsu.
The water started to swirl to move around all the knives in the water. Their movements got faster and faster. They didn't cut her at first, but as the time passed by, their movement became completely arbitrary. This caused them to move wildly, eventually aiming at her. Every each one of knives went back and forth to cut her. The blood gradually came out of the open wounds. Although whole chunk of red blood rise upward in the water, she was conscious. She just had no idea how to get out of this situation.

"Give it up will ya?"

There was no answer. Detus shook her head to resist the water. She now was suffocating in the water. Then thought came into mind. She observed closely where the knives were going and waited patiently to grab one of them. It took few minute, but she looked as if it was a worth the time. With knife in her hand, she stabbed her stomach two or three times. Soon she bleed twice as much as before. This caused the whole blue water into red.
When Nora saw stabbing, it caught her off guard. Rather than Detsu, who was now inside of the bloody water, she yelled at her furiously.

"What the heck are you doing?!"

There was no answer. Only pure silence. All the bloody water dyed the color so that Detsu could not be seen in the blood. Everyone was worried until when huge sky blue magic circle was drawn outside inside of the water. The bloody water was molded into shape of a ball and exploded in a second.
Detsu finally came down on the ground along with all the knives. She was breathing heavily. Her white pajama was now soaked in blood. She gradually lifted up her face to glare at Nora. She mumbled as she was panting.

"If you can't manipulate other's attribute, then only one thing, make other's attribute to mine. Blood come from my body and my body alone."

Detsu started to make a first step to walk over to Nora with her legs shaking. She was out cold. She was struggling, but her stubbornness kept her from not collapsing. When she reached her destination, Nora sighed.

"Maybe next time, kid. I can't feel your mana. You used all up in the water. All you got is stamina to defeat me, but you are fragile now."

Nora put just one finger on Detsu's forehead, she dropped on the ground. She was sobbing. Her tears didn't stop. She kept wiped out her tears with her pajama. Looking at the situation far away, her guild members finally got up to her if she was okay or not.
As Nora turned back on them, she gave a warning.

"That kid is okay for now. Oh, and you guys shouldn't fight to win. Making my water into blood so you could use it against me, that was a risky."

Yaru looked up to her and gave a reply with full of determination.

"Is that the words coming out of member in Empty World? How pathetic. In every single fight is a battleground. We try all kind of things to win the fight. That is our motto. in the guild."

"Hey, hey, hei, settle down ye guys. Nice match both of you."

Shinji came out of nowhere to stop the fight. Just like that they each went on their own side while other members entered a ring.

0