Book 1: Act I Scene 26 Electricity
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 26

Two Mages down, only one more to go. That was zero for Leheinvus. In normal competition, if it goes more than half, winners and losers are decided right away. Good examples are soccer shoot out in the World cup, rock paper, scissor, and World wide game competition. However, Magical competition is a bit different. Even with their loss, one could challenge onward to test their strength or how they have developed. This condition is only allowed in primary round of the Magical competition. Since it is just getting a stamp from other guild, participants didn't really have problems with it either. In addition, even though they have a lost game, every guild has three days to win the rest of the stamps. The twenty sixth scene will be covering Junpei struggling to find a way to make a decision rather to fight or not.
With two losses, atmosphere on the other side didn't look too great. One still unconscious, and another still collapsed on the floor immobilized. Yaru shook his head with pity. He was surely disappointed so far in the matches. He looked at Shinji on the other side of the ring straight out. He forced out a smile.

"Well, I guess we'll be heading out!"

He looked up at his third participant, Akea Gillua and to Kuren who was in the field. His eyes were giving sign to carry him over. When Gillua stomped on the floor, sharp oddly shaped rock rise under Kuren making him to float in the air. Maxias stepped back right away instinctively. It didn't finish from there. Magical circle was waiting for him above. long rectangular rock appeared out of the circle just to push him aside to where Gillua was. He caught him right away and carried him on his shoulder. When Yaru saw him carrying Kuren, He carried Detsu and was about to head out.

"Waittt! What about this guy? He said he wanted to participate."

"Are you kidding? That kid has no skills nor experience. He might be killed even if Gillua doesn't use magic. His physiques and mana are terrible. Also Gillua is in A Rank , what is he going to do?"

It was all facts. Junpei's physique wasn't muscular, his mana was low because he became human to Mage. The mana was not stabilized, and lastly, he had no idea how to fight or to use his abilities properly.

"Eh? But, I bet cha want to know what his attribute is, don't ye? I don't even know yet too. How about it?"

Yaru paused for a moment to think. He couldn't decide so he looked back to Gillua. It didn't take him too long. He carefully put Kuren on the floor to warm up.

"Interesting, I would like to fight different types of Mages as many as I can to experience and grow, but that kid over there doesn't look like he wants to. The rule states that both participants have to agree to have a match."

In Junpei's perspective, it sounded crazy. There was no pointing in fighting. To be honest, he just wanted to find more about this world rather than fight each other. Speaking of the devil, Shinji slightly went over to his side and whispered.

"Hei, ye wanta know about this world, no? I'll tell ya al'bout it after the match."

It was rather convincing, but he just couldn't step forward. He wanted to avoid unnecessary harm. Just when he was about to refuse, Shinji pushed his back to force him to get into the ring. In the ring, Gillua was already in the ring getting ready to fight.

"Hey, Shinji, you have any idea what you are doing?"

Nora asked with a puzzling look.

"Of course I do, it will be the highlight of all three matches."

Maxias stared Shinji waiting him to speak more about this highlight he was talking about, but he avoided the answer.

"Ha, ha, ha, don't worry, he'll be fine."

As Shinji laughed it out, the match had begun. And right when the match started, Three Mages came down the stairs. They were Sonya, Yuri, and Kaori. Yuri looked at the surrounding as she opened her mouth.

"What is going on? Why id it so loud?"

Yuri noticed Leheinvus guild and ring drawn in the middle to realize it was magical competition, but what she didn't expect was to find Junpei in the ring. He looked nervous and frustrated.

"Shinji, what the hell is he doing ther'"

Sonya yelled at him reading the situation. When there was no answer, she turned to Kaori expecting to say something. She did say something, but it wasn't what she was hoping for.

"Ooh! Ooh! Is that kid gonne fight? Yuri , get me some popcorn, this is gonne be fun!"

Kaori went up to where other Mages were and sat to watch the match. She waved her hand at Gillua full of joy. He ignored her, but he looked back to see two mages behind him. His eyes were scanning Sonya.

"Fujikawa Sonya, Legendary Rank, how I much want to fight with you, but right now one in the ring is this kid. May I have your permission to fight next time we meet?"

He saw Sonya nodding after hearing his request. He saw her lips still moving, but he turned around to face Junpei again ignoring what she was going to say next. It was quite obvious what she was going to say. It would definitely be something along the line saying"give up," or "Don't fight," which he didn't want to do.

 

He moved hastily to approach Junpei making a fist. He was so fast, He couldn't see him approaching. He didn't even know he was trying to attack. Without knowing anything, he shouted putting two arms in front of him. Hand gesture was signaling 'not to attack for a second.'

 

"Wait!

It was a close call. Gillua's fist was just about to touch his palm. Fortunately, Gillua managed to stop his fist from hitting him. He looked at him with despondent face waiting for an explanation.

 

"Ca, ca, I mean May we start when, when I am fully ready at least? Like you said I don't want to fight, but I want to know what I am capable of. And if I can't, I can always give up right? There's no hurry."

 

Gillua put his palm on his face and sighed deeply. He stomped the floor lightly to get back where he was.

 

"Okay, fine, whenever you are ready!"

 

The words didn't reach Junpei though. All he could think of was how he used his abilities before. All he could think of was that he was light. Light, agile, and bolts of lightning surrounding him when he felt the every bit of electricity flowing in his body. If he only knew how to get it out in the first place, this situation wouldn't be happening.

 

He closed his eyes to focus. All of a sudden he could hear hear something.. This time he bent down to reach his knees with both hands holding tight to focus more. He heard it more clearly. It was sounded like buzzing sound when bees are going passing by. This buzzing sound got louder gradually. Finally, right that moment, he realized this sound was the same sound he heard before when he was fighting.........

It was sound of electricity.

0