Book 1: Act I Scene 32 Pass or no pass?
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 32

Pass or no pass?

Atmosphere in the lobby got heavier, one after another, two Mages' auras collided each other to fight to take over their territory. As the auras surrounding their presences, within Mages' bodies, manas were pumping every time they used to utilize their magic as their weapons. This case was of course was about fight between Yuri and Junpei. She accumulated her ice mana to her shark tooth like blade and smashed on to the ground trying to land a hard hit. When the blade hit the floor the compressed mana exposed out in the open making front side of the blade into ice. The ice blade made an impact ion the floor cracking all the concrete blocks out. That wasn't all, it froze all the concrete floor around her.

 

Junpei was flabbergasted when the floor started to freeze around her. He sustained the stance putting his hands on the floor along with his feet. His stance was somewhat like four legged beast would make. She noticed he was making a move so she pointed her one of her palm pointing where he was making magical circle. The thirty second scene will cover the fight scenes between Kanzaki Yuri and Aono Junpei.

 

In front of the magical circle, dozens of small icicles went toward him. Strangely, images in his mind didn't appear beforehand, but thankfully, he was quick enough to see each icicles aiming at him. As yellow bolts of lightning glittered on his legs, he tracked all the icicles in present with his eyes while jumping and tried to figure out which places would be the safest to land. After observing all the possibilities, he swayed his left arm right to left to make little bit of electricity out to make distraction.

 

With electricity coming out of his arm, she blinked because of its brightness. He took this short moment to gather the electricity source to his right hand to sweep away all most of the icicles that were in his way. Since most of the icicles were gone, all he needed to do was to land safely.

 

Every single movement he made made him feel like he was becoming lighter and lighter. This included his increase of movements and increase of intuition.

 

He tilted his body slightly to left to get out of Yuri's boundary zone. He put his hand on the floor right when he was near the floor and stood with his hand. Then he lowered his legs to stand normally again.

 

When he did, he noticed yuri was now trying to sense his aura to find him. Not a second to waste, she put both of her hands on the floor. This allowed her to summon a big sky blue magical circle surrounding her. Inside the floor, sharp frozen ice bergs with 2 meters high appeared breaking all the floor level trying to attack Junpei.

 

"I got you now!"

 

Yuri threw herself jumping toward Junpei and slashed with the blade making blue energy wave. He ran away from the upcoming energy wave as he was thinking of a way to get of the situation yet again. There was no solution for him, but to fight head on, that is if he could handle the huge energy wave that was chasing him. Right when he was about to turn around to face his gamble, coincidentally, he realized he was standing on the ice she made earlier. When he stepped on the ice, he slipped right away dodging the big blue wave that was targeting at him.

 

Sheeee~* Shee~*

 

As he was sliding through ice, he realized he got in the same situation before with Druel. He then accumulated the electricity into both his hands and feet to crush frozen ice. He stood up to look at what yuri had done. Sharp edges of ice were every where, part of the floors were cracked open along with pieces of frozen boulders, and there was Yuri breathing hard.

 

"Hey, now, now, can we stop fighting? I think this is enough for me."

 

"I told you, I made my choice."

 

Junpei was inhale and exhale his breath slowly to keep his calm. All the running and dodging made him all dizzy and hard to catch up his breath. After a few minutes, he wiped out his dried sweat coming down from his face with his hand. Then he slapped his cheek with both hands several times to concentrate. He crouched half putting his hands on his knees way as if he was sitting in an invisible chair.

 

Gradually, bolts of lightning glittered around his body. They sparkled like a fire work. As he was breathing slowly with his pace, he closed his eyes to focus yet once again. The moment he closed his eyes, he started to see these images. Images were seen as what he would see right away if he were to open his eyes. Slowly, the image turned repetitively to look like a moving pictures. Thousands of images were showing Yuri dashing toward him to swing down the blade.

 

The time he opened his eyes, Yuri was dashing toward him like the images he saw earlier. This time she was full of openings unlike last time. She seemed to be tired out due to using magic and running to chase him. This may be the last attack she will make. He sighed out and just lose and get over with it. So he planned to pretend to get slashed by the blade and faint. There was no other way. He just didn't want to hit a girl.

 

As she raised the blade to slice him down, he tilted slightly so that she wouldn't realize what he was planning. The time blade went down, it only grazed him. With this, he had a chance to pretend to be fainted. He finally pretended to collapse grabbing his injuries right on the spot.

 

On the other hand, Yuri stared down at Junpei crouching down with pathetic look.

 

"Do you think I am stupid? Stop pretending. Things I said indeed were true, but this just looks like a pathetic lame skit."

 

Shinji appeared between the two to give a news.

 

"Well, well, well, I dunno, but it seemed like ye lost!"

 

"Okay, okay, I'll go......"

 

Before he had chance to finish his sentence, Shinji interfered again, but this time with a smile.

 

"When did I say about winning? I just said to fight. And dodging see through foe's attacks are included as part of fighting. So I guess you can stay here."

 

Those words couldn't make him stop smiling. He lied down right that moment with relief looking at the pure white ceiling breathing hard.

 

Hah..........

 

Then he lost conscious.

0