Book 1: Act I Scene 36 Change of plan
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 36

Change of plan

 

Where there is a life, there will always be an obstacle. One will think to get out of the situation or will solve the solution. When one meets others, one begins to wonder what their objects are, so they try to analyze them to make sure it's not the same object one is heading for because if they were heading for the same goal, there would be competition between the two about who will get their object first. Relating to this, Hellbeasts and Mages had long distance between the two. Despite possessing magical energy, they were oppose to others, yet they had a similar goal. This goal was to destroy other race. Mages thought their way of justice was absolute and Hellbeasts thought their justice was correct so they fought back. The thirty sixth scene is about the unofficial initiation of Hellbeasts.

 

In upper ground village had many alley here and there, but this alley was so narrow, it looked like nothing could fit in. It was actually made like this to make secret base. Dark alley could be opened only by metal magic. It looked nothing special from out side, but at the end, there was place somewhat looked like small area where Hellbeasts could live in. The place was covered with concrete in every direction making it look like a tall building from outside view. In the secret hide out, many Hellbeasts chilling, sharing conversation, and performing their magics could be seen in the full scenery. The scenery was quite huge with many Hellbeasts, There were no stores, houses, or any buildings, but there was a door attached to the concrete wall. And behind this door, was the place where groups of Hellbeasts spent their time to sleep, and make strategies how sabotage their target and assassination. There were food, many provisions that would help them survive. Hundreds of tables all lined up along with benches, place was bigger than outside making it look like a guild itself. Of course there was second floor where beds were placed accordingly. In this vast place, there was one room where Kyondame was held at. The room's walls were dyed in color of blood red along with the ceiling and the floor. In the room, there was a big rectangular table and dozens of chairs around it. On the black table, there was long sheet of drawn map of Hellios. Some places were marked with needles and some were not.
She was waiting in the room quite a while now. She put her legs on the table yawning carelessly as she waited for them to come. She observed around the room to see find something interesting, but there was none. The room itself was made to strategic plans or fights.

 

"Hey, guys?! I am starting to get bored in here!"

 

Kyondame finally lost her cool. Right when she was about to destroy something to make self satisfaction to kill time, someone walked inside of the room opening the door. It was one of the four Hellbeasts who wore cloak to hide their faces. One in the cloak uncovered the upper part of the cloak to reveal the face. She was now looking at a girl with short pink hair. Her hair was evenly cut and surrounded her face.
Her name was Tehann Jeah, she was quite short and small, but had sharp emerald eyes. With sharp eyes given, she didn't look young. She looked pretty mature for a small body. She took out a mask that had cat face drawn in it to pass it to her. She spoke as she put on tiger mask on her face.

 

"May I know your Rank is?"

 

"I would be A Rank."

 

When she paused for a moment to think about what her role would be, Velloke came up behind her putting his hand on her shoulder. Kyondame was surprised when he came out of a sudden. He spoke as though he knew something about her. He rubbed his chin with his first two fingers.

 

"Hmm, I know you said you were B rank when you were fighting me. However, you are no A Rank, you should be able to sense my presence if you were A Rank, yet you were surprised when I came in the room. And last I heard, you r in within the B Rank, or lower. So which is it?"

 

Kyondame stepped back right after she heard about her rank. Her current position as B Rank was humiliating and embarrassed to say it. Giving the humiliating situation, she hesitated and didn't admit that she was in B Rank.
He shook his head left and right when she wasn't answering the question. Jeah turned her face to him. Her eyes were saying she needed a command. He let go off his hand on her shoulder to put his hand in the pocket to take out a piece of paper.

 

"Here is your role. Make sure you check what your role is and stick to it. Don't just go against what is written here, this is an order."

 

Kyondame skimmed through the piece of paper. It was arranged with ranks and each ranks' roles. S Rank, full frontal to lead, A Rank, always on guard to back S Rank, B rank, put off and guard the minorities of Mages, C Rank, wait for the signal.

 

"What the hell! put off and guard? I am not here to defend and protect, I am here to fight Mages to revenge."

 

Without knowing herself, she spat out words she meant not to say. She stared at Velloke waiting for an explanation with a furious face.

 

"Chill, chill."

 

Before she could say more, it was finally time to go. They knew it was time because of Hossei's voice.

 

"I assume you guys know all the positions and role?"

 

He wasn't talking to them, but he was checking making sure everyone was on the same page. Lastly, he started to observe the place to see how many Hellbeasts were in here. There were little over hundred. He skimmed around all the hundred Hellbeast and said as he raised his arm.

 

"Today is special day! S Ranks and A Ranks will go with me first then rest will wait in the Blue Line!"

 

Just like that, initiation had begun.

 

It was true that Kyondame wanted to start an invasion on Mages, but it went different than she thought since she didn't get to to go with the frontal attack. When only under Ranked Hellbeasts were left in the room, she put her palm in her face disappointed at the situation she was in. In estimation of fifty Hellbeasts were in the room. None of them had more powerful or equal auras than she had. Others didn't seem to care about invading. They were laughing and had casual talk talking about how they spent their days so far.
She couldn't understand how they were so careless they were and how they didn't care about given positions. Looking at all those pathetic Hellbeasts around made her sick.

 

"Are you guys an idiot? Do you guys want to miss this one time opportunity? Don't you guys want to revenge on Erlias? Mages? Empty World?"

 

Friendly atmosphere changed quickly. The shouting caught everyone's attention. Their eyes were all on her, but their faces didn't exactly agree with her. They looked puzzled. One of the Hellbeast spoke behalf of others.

 

"But, Master said to come only up to Blue Line. That would be going against our roles."

 

Another female Hellbeast continued.

 

"Also, we are too weak to go full frontal."

 

Kyondame spit on the ground showing how much she was pissed at the situation. When she was about to give up letting out a long sigh, male voice was heard. His voice was young and kind of mischievous toned.

 

"I like how you think, mind if I join ya?"

 

Kyondame turned her face to where the voice was coming from. His name was Gyudell Jubien who was in B Rank position. He was little bit taller than Kyondame. He had fire red short spiky hair that came down to his neck. His eyes were red like the color of his hair. He wore dark blue tank top and short jean.

Others were still confused trying to think what they were up to. So they let it go and started doing whatever they were doing before.

 

"So us two, eh? Going with two armies gonna be risky, don't ya think?"

 

"Indeed."

 

Out of thick air, Hellbeasts who were wearing masks and cloaks appeared before them. Two of them were in height of estimation of 6'2 feet tall and last one was little shorter than them. They each had clean white masks that had three straight lines on them. However, three masks had individual color. One in the left was wearing a mask with red lines, one in the middle was wearing a mask with blue lines, and finally one in the right was wearing a mask with yellow lines. One in the middle approached first.

 

"Who the hell are you?"

 

"We are originally sent to observe making sure they are following their roles."

 

Kyondame panicked.

 

"So you wanta fight?"

 

She gave a fighting stance, but they didn't move.

 

"Hmm, you remind me of younger me. How about I let you do what you want?"

 

Kyoname paused to think what they are trying to say. She had no idea since they cane out of nowhere just to tell her that they were going to help her. But, she was curious how. So she asked carefully.

 

"What do you have in mind?"

 

"What they are trying to do is getting more attention to unnecessary Mages, so what we are going to do is, we are going to use them to sneak away to Empty World in one go. There might be Mages, but there will not be someone we cannot handle. How about it?"

 

It sounded brilliant to Kyondame. She looked up to look at the blankness mask and gave out a devilish smirk giving a closure words.

 

"I like it, let's get this started.

 

0