Book 1: Act I Scene 41 Busted
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 41

Busted

Blue sunshine had not yet to be gone yet. It was still bright outside clearing the darkness. Out of the grasses and tropical trees, seven Hellbeasts were spotted only short distance away from the brutal fight between Hellbeasts and Mages. They moved quicker on than before trying not to  get involved with the fight. Buildings that were suppose to be surrounding them were crushed and destroyed into pieces. It was only them and ground that was coincidentally made by blocks of concrete rocks. The sun made shadows behind every living things and objects, Hellbeasts' shadows were barely shown with bare eyes because they were moving too fast. The forty first scene will take place in West side of Erlias.

 

Soon later, Velloke finally was about to catch up with others to join in. On the other hand, they sensed another aura so they ran faster to avoid contact. They were so busy running, they couldn't even realize it was Velloke's aura. Seeing they were getting away from him, he sighed loudly.

 

"You dimwits! I followed you guys to guide, yet you guys are just running away from me?"

 

They finally stopped after hearing Velloke's voice. Then they turned around to face him.

 

"Huh, Velloke? Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be with your guild?"

 

Jeah asked with curiosity as she pointed far distance place where Hellbeasts and Mages are no longer seen now.

 

"You expect me to believe you guys could defeat one of the Empty World Guild's member? Malanqoi Hana, Fujikawa Sonya, Shindo, they are no joke, and they are on Guild master's level."

 

Kyondame didn't back down.

 

"That Kanzaki girl, Mage want to be is weak, we can kill her. And there would be more members who are weaker like, hmm, I can't remember the names."

 

Velloke put his palm on his face showing that she didn't get what he was saying. However, there was no time to lose. He commanded as he ran ahead changing his direction to the Northeast.

 

"Urgh, I can't believe I am doing this for you guys. This is just a suicide mission."

 

"Then don't go, you sound like chicken."

 

Jubien backed Kyondame up by dissing him while they were running together side by side.

 

"Are you out of your mind? One brat, one just wanting to be killed blonde kid, injured Special rank Hellbeast, and S rank girl. That's just three two S class ranks including me! And you suppose we have winning chance?"

 

A second later, little voice came from 2'0 feet down.

 

"Excuse me, we might be weaker than them and maybe unable to win against them, but I think it is matter of time and the place."

 

Velloke turned left and saw short girl whom he couldn't feel the presence.

 

"Umm, how come I couldn't feel your presence nor aura?"

 

"Simple, I drank one of this too make my aura and presence sensitive making them on and off for few minutes making others confuse."

 

She took out small long test tube with green liquid in it and showed it to him."

 

She continued.

 

"So as I was saying by using this we might be able to infiltrate taking at least one or two to gain fame. So even though we get back and out law, we will be praised because we killed one of the member in the Empty World.".

 

"So I assume you are calculating and estimating these things, what percentage of us getting back alive?"

 

Velloke asked as she handed a test tube over to his side. He took a sip to taste the weird liquid. When the green liquid went down his throat. He felt extraordinary sensation. It felt some of his source of soul and source of power were going to burst out. This made him a sudden headache making him to kneel on the ground. Then he yelled.

 

Aaaaaaaah!

 

He held his head with both hands screaming for help, but right when he was about to lose it, headache stopped. Hellbeasts who were there stared at him with terrifying eyes, but at the same time they were thinking how painful the liquid would be if they drink it. Kyondame was scared so she tried to act as if nothing happened.

 

"Ah, ah, umm, anyways, let's get going."

 

Before she could do anything, Velloke tapped her shoulder lightly. His face was filled with full of irritation and eerie aura.

 

"Hey, hey, hey, don't you act as if nothing happened. If I drank and had pain, you all are going to suffer too, right everyone?"

 

He turned his face to look at everyone giving a devilish smirk.

 

Few minutes of suffering, they finally settled down.

 

"This things are gross, you must have had it while we were in the forest, how did you endure it?"

 

Ai faced the took the clean empty test tube and replied without turning around. to face her.

 

"Hmm, I guess when you drink hundreds of these, you get use to it."

 

Velloke interfered the conversation. It seemed like they wasted time more than they thought. When he finished sighing out loud because of those nuisance, he directed to say what their plan was going to be.

 

"Okay, first, since we are going to kill every Mages in contact, but only those who are in small group or alone. If we kill in huge groups, they are going to take a suspicion. And in process, we are going to invade Empty World. When we get there, we are going to check how many there are and we'll decide who to take on."

 

They wanted to share their opinion, but Velloke started to make a move before they could say anything. So they had no choice to follow him. While they were catching up to him, Blue sun finally started going down to tell it was noon.

Few minutes later, they were out of the street and encountered another nearby village. This village was another casual village. Mages walking front and back to check out merchandise and any goods for their journeys and their own needs. Left and right, there were equipment stores, merchant stands and food stands everywhere. To lessen their suspicion, they speed walked hiding their face covering part of their faces with their upper clothing. Those who weren't able to because the clothing weren't baggy or long enough, they covered with their hands pretending to cough as if they caught a cold. As they pass Mages in between to avoid contact, they stole nearby fruits from them. They acted so silently, they didn't notice they were stolen or not.

When they were finally got out of the village, Kyondame took a bite out of apple she stole from earlier. She asked while she was mashing part of the apple into pieces.

 

"So, what now?"

 

"Well, it depends on how long it would take to go to Empty World."

 

They were sure they were out of the village where no one was in present, but one female voice

 

"You know, you guys shouldn't be here. It would be troublesome if you guys are here."

 

This female voice was coming from Malangqoi Hana, she was on her way to her guild and coincidentally find them. They panicked at the same time. They stepped their one foot back showing they were cautious and scared.

 

"You, you, how did you find us? You couldn't have noticed our presence and aura!"

 

Kyondame pointed a finger at Hana with shaking voice.

 

"I didn't, but you guys could still be seen by others. And I recognize that golden blonde hair anywhere. Dame clans."

 

They made a distance with Hana making their fighting stances.

 

"Don't bother, winning percentage of zero.Even without knowing attributes and with seven combined. Or should I say six?"

 

"Che, this is a problem. Hugh is injured and haven't woken up yet."

 

Jeah put Hugh down on the floor and turned her face up to look at Hana's eye. Her eyes were filled with blankness and with no emotion. Her face too were stationary. There were no anger, excitement, sadness nor happiness.

 

"You sure know a lot about who is going to win or lose. I may not be stronger than you, but I might be able to make a fight entertaining for you. So how about you let these guys go and you deal with me?"

 

"Entertaining? What does it feel to be entertained? Should I be happy? Should I be excited? Is this really a fair deal or Should I think of this as some trickery?"

 

Jeah put her hand on the mask crushing them into pieces finally revealing her face. She crushed it for only one reason. It was because mask was no longer needed. It would probably break anyways. She turned back giving them eyes on everyone checking if they are on the same page. They nodded as she looked with emerald eyes. Then she finally turned to Hana again.

 

"You know they don't called it special rank for nothing. Special rank in Hellios...."

 

Before she could go on, Hana finished the sentence.

 

"is very high, even higher than S Rank because it could be achieved by assassinating hundreds of living organisms. Essentially, S Rank stands for special too, but difference is that it is only used around those who works in undercover. Yes, I am well informed."

 

"All knowing brat, I see."

 

Right when she was talking back, Hana went behind to attack.. Thankfully she was able to dodge by ducking down. And as she was ducking down, in reflection of her eyes, there were moving images. In every images demonstrated Hana's movements and where she would go next and what she will do next. This time, it was her turn to make a move. She started to tilt her body left and right several time hastily.

If Hana were to be a normal person or Mage, she would be curios to what she was going to do next, but since she had no emotion or sympathy, nor curiosity, she reacted right away. Hana's eyes turned like wise same as Jeah.

 

In a flash, she disappeared out of sight from Hana. Hana expanded her aura to find her, but it was no use since she took the green liquid. She was going where Ao, Kiiri, Jubien, Kyondame, Velloke, and Hugh were at. They couldn't go because they were astounded by Jeah's movements.

 

"You idiots, Hurry up and go!"

 

With that said, they snapped out of it and ran away as fast as they could trying to escape from Hana. Right at this time, Hana found them chatting and approached in front of them by using her wind magic. But, when she got here everyone was gone except for Jeah. So she tried to hit her by one of her deadly wind attack, but she was not there. When Hana attacked where she was at, freezing cold mist started to appear surrounding the whole area. At this point, she couldn't see anything, but just cloudy mists in the air. Right when she was about to run to find a clear sky, Jeah's voice was finally heard.

 

"You said you don't know how to be entertained, eh? I guess you could call this entertaining."

 

when she ended her sentence, she gave out a little laugh to tease her a little and added.

 

"So, Malangqoi Hana, member of Empty World, catch me if you can."

 

0