Book 1: Act I Scene 44 Formidable opponent
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 44

 

Formidable opponent

 

Somewhere in Erlias, there was one city. One where buildings were built and many Mages passed by to buy food, merchandise, and equipment by the stands that were standing beside each buildings. These tall buildings were just ordinary place for Mages to rest and leisure to go on to their next adventure. Hence this city was flourished with full of luxurious items and well organized place to stay. Furthermore, recently there were guards everywhere to protect the city from outlaws so it was safe to be in this city. On the other hand, this concept of the city was destroyed by outlaws and Hellbeasts. most of the Mages who were in the city evacuated with fear. They ran and ran to avoid the fight trying not to wind up with the fights that happened not long ago. But, few Mages stayed to observe the fight wondering how the fight would go on. The forty fourth scene will take place where the last scene took off.

 

Right when the Mage with the mask grabbed her head, she disappeared leaving just the wind. Then she went behind to stretch out her both arms to make a strong thrust against back of the Mage. The sudden strong pulse appeared when the thrust succeed in attacking. This pushed the Mage making quite some distance. There was sufficient impact enough to break the mask.

 

"Whew, what a shock, I managed to push back the impact by using wind. if I weren't a Wind user, I would have been a goner."

 

These words were coming out of Mage with the broken mask. Mage finally reveled her face. putting her each fingers on her face checking if her face wasn't damaged. Her name was Wellions Jax. She had short pink hair well brushed by a comb. Her eyes were shining pink as if two diamonds were embedded to here eyes. She wore sexy pink lipstick that matched her hair and eyes' color. As she touched her top forehead to bottom of her lips, she looked at Ai with lustful eyes.

 

"Looking close like this, you seem cuter. how about I add you into my collection, how about it? I'll treat you fine and good."

 

"Is that a threat, A lousy Mage with a mask fetish?"

 

Ai swung her arm to make huge ice that shaped like crescent moon. This huge blow was easily dodged by Jax. Well, rather than dodging, she grabbed the ice itself and crushed it. And from those crushed ice, she made the ice that remained floating in the sky to make them hers. She cast a spell to summon big green magical circle and separated them to make dozen of them. The magical circles just passed through each bit of ice that remained pushing away all the ice.

 

"Accustomed to surrounding, being able to adapt into atmosphere in fair amount of time, I guess you are Rounder, no?"

 

Ai could see through her attack. She moved left and right and tilted her body back and forth repetitively to dodge the wind bullets easily.

 

"Hmm, yes, quick reflex and great observation, you might be Speedster. I love it. Most of the Wind user are rounders because the wind is everywhere you go making your weapon anywhere"

 

As soon as they finished their sentences, they moved so fast, they couldn't be seen with ordinary eyes. Left and right, back and forth, they each threw a fist and raised their legs constantly in the air trying to land a first strike. Their fighting combat was amazing. When Ai tried to attack, Jax dodge and tried to attack. Likewise, when Jax tried to attack Ai, she dodged the attack and tried land one again.

 

"Che, you are quite a handful."

 

Jax breathed heavily bending her body to reach her knees with her hands. From this posture, Ai knew she was almost out of stamina.

 

"Seeing you sighing heavily, I am guessing you are almost out of your reach? At start, my winning percentage was 60 percent, however, calculating the lack of stamina brings up whole new estimated calculation. Boosting my percent about 20 percent making 80 percent of winning this battle."

 

"You sure are cocky, little brat. You seem like Inventious, but you are slow witted, you know that?"

 

Out of sudden, there were sound of strong breeze in Ai's ears. First she caught by surprise so she tried to look around to find any hint around where the sound was coming from. There was nothing. She couldn't find anything. At this point, the sound of the wind got so loud, she tried to prevent by blocking her ears. Again, it wasn't working. The sound of the wind was now in the body. She could feel the vibration of sound inside of the body. Finally, the vibration inside of the body made her to collapse finally.

 

"Slowly and deadly. poor girl, didn't even know the wind was on her the whole time. I guess it's time to finish her."

 

When invisible wind was about to sweep, wall of metal came out before Ai under the ground blocking the wind. Then the wall of metal came back inside of the ground. And there was Velloke standing in front of Ai right when it disappeared.

 

"Wind is like contagious gas floating in the sky. You won't know when they are going to contaminate you, don't you think so?"

 

"Ho? you are quite observant. we don't know why, but we can't seem to sense any auras or presences from you, monsters. We can only sense from Outlaws. I wonder why? By any chance, are all Hellbeasts chicken like you guys? Trying to hide one's existence to sneak in?"

 

Velloke gave out no words. Instead, he spread his arms to make multiple gray magical circles around Jax. Then in those magical circles long flexible metal bars were summoned. The metal bars approached and went toward her by bending themselves, but attacks were too straight forward. She tilted left and right couple of times to dodge few of them and used her wind magic to make her float in the mid sky. However, above her, there was one last magical circle. One metal bar came out of the circle ending up hitting her in the end. She got pushed down to the ground making unable to move.

 

"Seems like you are all talk too. You are strong, you are smart, but you have no strategy to begin with. What's your plan next?"

 

Under the heavy metal, there was small aura was formed then it got stronger gradually from under the ground. This strong aura was formed by Jax. She expanded the aura to push back the metal making it to fly away. Then she stood still facing Velloke.

 

"Now you have done it, I'll take this into next level. now. You'll be surprised."

 

"You know that same strategy won't work on me."

 

Velloke stood still observing her every move to predict what would come next. There was nothing special what she was doing, well at first, she wasn't. She just crossed her arms making it look like X symbol. She then closed her eyes slowly to concentrate and accumulate the feel the mana flowing through in her body. As he sensed the huge chunk of mana flowing in her body, he knew what her next move was. Huge wind breezed around her and spun to look like a barrier around her, but this wasn't a barrier, it was huge magic surrounding her to cast even stronger magic. While she felt the wind blowing around her and gradually getting stronger, she she mumbled.

 

Zein Myuou: Xeleduos de Kiyulius (Harmonious Weapon: Harpy's beauty)*

 

Behind her, there was Harpy that had emerald long hair that came all the way down to her bird like feet. She wasn't wearing any clothing, but she had grass green fur that covered up all the body structure. Cleavage up was just pure white skin. She wasn't actually in form of real existence, but like spirit, barely visible. Then with both of her wings, they covered Jax.

 

"Tse, Zein Myuou, eh?"

 

Before he could react any further, Jax made a move. She approached him just by hitting the ground. She leaned forward to attack directly. It would be normal to fall down, but when she put her hand behind, there was spirit harpies wing appeared as though if her hand was the wing of harpie's. When she went up close enough to reach out, she took out a small rod out of her cloak. And a that very moment, the rod she was holding extended top and bottom looking like a pole. This wasn't all. Next, tip of the pole, triangular shaped made by some kind of iron making it look like a spear.

 

"Oye, oye, oye!"

 

After seeing long spear, he stepped back to prevent the attack. It went according to plan, but one swing of spear wasn't the plan she was going for. She stabbed the spear under the ground cracking the ground a little.

 

Serene Luoh (Painful rain)*

 

Magical circle dyed in color of emerald appeared under Velloke. And when he was staring down, from above dozen of long green needles fell down to strike him.

 

Shrrr, Shrrrr

 

Some needles were still inside of his body half way in. Although he was covered in blood, he gained conscious and kneeled down shaking his head. He accumulated his mana to stiffen up his body sturdier., but it made two times sturdier because of his metal attribute. the green needles were now forcibly drawn out from his body. When the needles were out of his body, needles turned into wind and disappeared.

 

As he coughed out blood in his mouth, he smirked as stretched out his right arm. He opened his mouth looking into her eyes. He was full of energy despite the fact that he was heavily injured.

 

"Well then, Ms. Harpy, Shall we continue our fight?"

0