Book 1: Act I Scene 51 Shadows
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 51

 

Shadows

 

Empty lobby painted by white color, color white brought more emptiness in the room. There were however, food stands, a bar, and tables with few benches. And finally in the center of the lobby, Mages and Hellbeasts were facing each other. They were wondering who was going to fight whom. Without words, there lied tensions between them, but silence in the air didn't stop. Instead, they exposed their huge amount of auras to express how they are prepared for this match. When both sides of auras collided, strangely Hellbeasts' side had upper hand. Five Mages on the other side struggles to fight over, but it was no use. The fifty first scene will learn about variety of fighting style.

 

It was rather awkward even for Hellbeasts that they got the upper hand. So they observed who they were going to face closely. Then they noticed why they had upper hand. Who they saw were Kaori, who barely had any aura and didn't know how to fight, Aono Junpei, who was not sure he was or could be Mage trying to find his identity, Kanzaki Yuri, who was suppose to have incredible amount of aura, but strangely didn't, Wataruske Maxias, who was compressing his aura, and lastly, Verex, who had the biggest aura out of five Mages.

 

Seeing who they had to deal with, Kyondame spat on the floor looking rather pissed up. It seemed like she was expecting strong and well known Mages like Sonya or Shinji. But then she smirked as if she had planned something just in case.

Kiiri, who was not in the team, hastily went toward the other side. Kiiri, lightning attribute and also a speedster, she was fast and thought she could sneak in. When she looked left if one of the Mages were looking who were not in the center, they were oblivious to what she was going to do. That was until Shinji and Sonya looked her back into their eyes, but unexpectedly, they were not doing anything. First she imagined dangerous things were going to happen, but it was too late to think about that. She quickly grabbed the dagger out dashing toward Rian who was oblivious to everything that had been going on here. She couldn't even see Mages and Hellbeasts.

 

"There you go. Now if you speak you die. Kyondame, why do you want me to do this again?"

 

Kiiri raised her voice as she skuck behind Rian putting dagger up her neck. The dagger was charged up with lightning. It glittered with yellow lightning. Beside her, Shikihime gasped as she saw stranger appearing out of the blue. She didn't know what to do. When she was about to burst out tears. Her body felt weird sensation. At the moment she couldn't move. Thinking how she would do to Rian, Shikihime tried to shout out before she could kill her.

 

However, right before she was about to open her mouth, her body was moving on its own. She hastily went behind to hit Kiiri with her elbow turning to the other side. Then her leg rise to kick her hand to get rid of dagger out of her hand. Right when her dagger was flying in the mid air, a dagger came out of Shikihime's shadow. The dagger was coated with sky blue iron. Dagger's handle was wrapped with green snake skin. Snake's skin was patterned with black square marks every three centimeter around the holder. Shikihime grabbed the dagger as though it was her own weapon and made a first swing at her foe.

Kiiri was flabbergasted by her action, but she saw her attack coming. She pivot her feet to change er body angle to avoid the dagger. She finally took a big sigh to due to sudden action, When she caught her breath after a while, she realized hostage was no longer with her. Rian was now with Shikihime.

On the different angle, where five Mages and five Hellbeasts were standing, Verex turned his face to Kyondame and opened his mouth as he took out his hand out of the ink black cloak.

 

"Kyondame San, is this your mischievous skim of yours?"

 

When he spoke as if he saw it coming, Kyondame stuttered stepping few steps back. And when she did, under him, she saw a long shadow connected to Shikihime's shadow. It was one of his technique. Technique that allowed him to control others' shadow to make them to move at his will.

 

"One of your magic, huh? Indeed, that girl did unusual thing to my team, but how long can you keep up? while fighting who are in front of you? Your mana is going to run out fast that way."

 

"It is true that there is limit to controlling someone's shadow. It is rather hard to be accustomed to their shadow and fight. In addition, it is human body, I am controlling after all. But, what happens if I were to say I am not going to fight you five, but her instead?"

 

Shikihime couldn't hear anything. She didn't know what just happened, It felt like someone was controlling her. She was just panicking to what she had done and she moved her arms and legs seeing and checking if she did it by herself or not. It was definitely not her. She looked around around, but there was nothing that could control her. Or that's what she thought.

Kyondame was confused to what he was talking about.. However, before Kyondame could ask a question, he put his fingers pointing downward. In each fingers, there were black liquids dropping. Then All of a sudden he was dipped into his own shadow. Then within the shadow, he approached to Shikihime's shadow. Next, his shadow dominated her shadow changing her body figure of shadow to his shape.

"Ahhh! What the hell is going on? It's as if someone is groping me!"

 

Then there was voice in her head or mind, she couldn't tell.

 

"Try to calm yourself, I am going to take over your body a little bit to get over this situation. It is too dangerous you human to deal with Hellbeasts."

 

"What?! Who the hell are you? You pervert! Get out of my mind and body, wherever you are right now!"

 

However, there was no answer coming from Verex. Her body couldn't move freely still. Next her body made a battle stance making Shikihime leaned forward a little just enough not to fall. One of her hand was in front of her grabbing the dagger upside down and other hand was beside her waist pressuring her every finger.

 

"Tse, this is troublesome. And I heard of shadow manipulation technique, but if this girl is truly a human, she shouldn't have enough power pressure to knock my dagger away. Adding to that, how she moved was so flexible and well skilled, Is she that athletic?"

 

Hearing what Kiiri was mumbling about, Shikihime was rather surprised that she was that athletic and flexible. It was true that she joined sports club to raise her specs to become class representative. She forgot about how frightening the situation was, she couldn't help to blush.

 

"uhh, thanks I guess."

 

'Thankfully, your physique is rather muscular and bulky.'

 

"Hey I wasn't complimenting you!"

 

However, Shikihime didn't reply to her, instead, she complained to what Verex had said frowning her face.. This time she didn't speak with inside voice. She just spout out words out of her mouth.

 

"You! I am not that muscular! I am skinny and in beauti...."

 

Before she could finish her sentence, he interrupted.

 

'Here we go,'

 

Kiiri went and grabbed the dagger while she was distracted with Verex. She then dashed toward Shikihime swinging dagger randomly The dagger made dozen of slashes to make powerful waves.

 

"You could try to control that girl all you want, when controlling one, if one doesn't have magic power or got into the focal zone, It's matter of time. She is only a human after all."

 

She spoke as hundreds of images turning over showing Shikihime moving. When she saw that Shikihime was going to dodge all the waves in the vision. She was going to sneak behind her to land a blow.

 

"What the hell is she talking about?"

 

Just as she expected, Shikihime dodged all the waves with no problem and just like that, Kiiri snuck behind to land a strike, but right when she was about to move her hand, Shikihime grabbed her hand.

 

"What the heck? How did you know?"

 

Then she realized why.

 

"I see, that girl can't open the focal zone, but you have experience fighting with others. Strategy, observation, prediction, you know all of them, you are supposed to be one of the member in Peace Maker after all, but I guess it's too bad that you can't see something coming."

 

She then tilt backward as she gave out a smirk, small crescent moon shaped wave came from sideway grazing Shikihime's right cheek. When her cheek was started bleeding, she felt the pain. She gave out a painful voice just standing. She couldn't even move her hand to take care the bleeding because her body was manipulated by the shadow.

 

"I see, then how about two verses one? Is this challenging enough for ya?"

Kyondame appeared in front of her giving devilish smile with her transformed arm that took a shape of a shiny blade.

0