Book 1: Act I Scene 53 Fallen
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Announcement
Sorry, I am trying to lessen the chapters, so first arc doesn't drag out that long so I have to extend the length per chapter

 

Scene 53

 

Fallen

 

Moment of silent floated in the air informing something had been accomplished. Staring down at Shikihime who was now safe to say that she was dead, Kyondame raised her arm to finish her for good. And as she strike down, her arm transformed into blade so it could cut her in half. Sharp edge of the blade swished down fast, but at the same time, Verex came out of the shadow covering Shikihime. Sharp edge of the blade cut went through and penetrated his whole chest. Shiny silver blade was now soaked with blood. She thought it was finished, but she could see the smile on his face. Kyondame and LeinChou were confused to what he was smiling about. It looked like he was glad that he got out to protect her. Then both Hellbeasts noticed that why he hid under the shadow and manipulate her body when he could fight them himself. They were rather frustrated seeing his tranquil smile. With blade stuck in his chest, he turned to see Shikihime soon to be dead girl. Then he glanced at two Hellbeasts. This fifty third scene will take over what had happened in the last scene and will lead in different perspective to see how others were doing during the clash between two Hellbeasts in next scene.

 

Verex was brutally injured, but strangely, he could still move. He bent his arm to grip on blade arm of Kyondame's. He slowly pulled out as if it was nothing special. Kyondame tried to push back, but his grip was so strong she couldn't fight back. This startled her making her flinch for a second. She couldn't do anything even though he was full of opening. She let out an opening, but he didn't approach to attack her. Instead, he went over to Shikihime, He bent over to see if she was breathing.

 

"Heh, heh, ehh"

 

It was very small and unstable breathing, but her life force was still attached. Now that he finally knew that there was life force in Shikihime, he finally stood up as he sighed silently. At that very moment, shadow around her rounded up to cover her up in shape of a sphere. She was now protected by the shadow now. He then faced two foes as azure blade dagger was handed to him by moving shadow. They could definitely feel the tense atmosphere in the air now that Verex was in presence. All that left was now to wait for him to make a next move observing what he could do and make a move.

 

"Good, you guys didn't make a move. I am glad that you didn't. Because you all know that if you did you might have been dead."

 

He continued.

 

"And the reason I couldn't reveal myself in the field was because downside of my technique is that I am stuck for a good twenty minutes So even though I wanted to get out, I couldn't., but now you know what that means. Your time is over."

 

Leinchou moved one of the round lightning balls to Verex as it blasted strings of lightning. Lightning was approached with such haste, but shadow manipulated in shape of acute triangle appeared from the ground blocking the lightning. As the shadow repelled lightning out, he dipped himself in the shadow and came out of Kyondame's shadow. She was caught off guard stepping few steps backward. This didn't stop him from going into next step. He glanced looking up as he spun the aure dagger back and forth as though he was about to perform a technique. When he was up close to face her in the eye to eye, he swung hastily at her. His movement of hand was so fast, it was even hard for Mage to see it.

 

Kyondame didn't even see what was coming. She just saw Verex passing by like nothing had happened. She tried to turn back to what he was up to, but that's when she felt it. A blood red line slid down across her left shoulder to right pelvis. She let out a scream with frightening face, but there were more than one cut. One long line mark after another, they kept appearing in her body ending up shattering all the clothing she was wearing. And finally, on her bare front side of the body, there were seven lines of cut marks. Blood was now running down from the cut marks soaking her light peach skin into blackish purple blood.

 

Kyondame had enough stamina to stand though. However, she couldn't move. Well, she could, but if she did, she knew blood was going to burst out in that very moment. She wasn't able to do anything. She just stood buck naked with a shame. Verex raised as he turned around to face back of her face glancing at long golden silky hair He finally raised his voice giving advice to her.

 

"Fatality, You did good as of now. However, that seven lines of dagger mark I gave you won't disappear easily. I suggest you give up this instantly and treat yourself."

 

Out of sudden, Leinchou came from above to make surprise attack, but was quickly stopped by Verex. Shadow around him came out attaching to her body immobilizing her. He then grabbed her arm and broke one of her bone as the shadow detached from her body. She was now screaming. She rolled out grabbing her arm with broken bone.

 

"You should give up too. You guys are out of stamina and lacking experience."

 

However, he too was tired. Damage was all on Shikihime, but manipulating shadow to take control of her itself took good chunk of stamina and mana. Unfortunately, both Hellbeasts could feel his aura fading away. That was the reason why they kept going on even though they had no chance. Kyondame, without looking back, she raised with her shaking voice.

 

"Hah! You might be right, but few minutes or so, you'll be out of your time. It's true that if I move, but after you are worn ut, I am going to make a final blow even if it cause my life. Also, she ain't going to give up with just one broken bone, maybe she could finish you up, even though I have urge to make the final blow to kill you."

 

Verex had to finish before his body breaks down. His clear sight went blurry making him hard to see, his hand was losing grip, and he started to totter moving right and left showing his vulnerable side. His mind was barely in the game. Hundreds of images turning showing what was going to happen, but he wasn't sure he could manage all the movements. This very moment was getting off guard itself. He was so fixated thinking what to do, he didn't notice the what was going on right now. In front of him, there were two round lightning floating. It was too late to realize that lightning balls were there, When his eyes met, they let out strings of lightning electrifying him. This didn't stop him to kneel down though. He saw Leinchou dashing toward him so he tapped on the ground with his foot to make shadows coming out of ground. When his shadows distracted her, yellow balls of lightning went to her side.

 

"I see, your round lightnings are linked to your body. You could order them around, but they act as a defense mechanism when you get injured or distracted."

 

"I am not surprised. Good observation. However, it doesn't matter where they are I can control them to electrocute any obstacles around."

 

Verex threw his dagger at Leinchou as he jumped up to approach her. She was startled, but straight up attack like that, she easily dodged it, now she was waiting what he was going to do, As she was observing closely at him, shadows appeared few distance away from her. It grabbed the dagger and threw the dagger from behind. This was also blocked by the one of the spinning lightning balls since it was too predictable.

 

"I guess you are out of your mind, did you lose your mind? I still have my Zein Myuou."

 

She spoke as looking up where he was suppose to be, but he wasn't there. He was already behind her. He quickly grabbed the dagger in the mid air. She gasped as turning back. And at the same time, all five lightning balls spun rapidly in front of her trying to protect her.

 

"Che, do I need to move faster?"

 

Verex dashed diagonally to reach other side. When he did, he threw his dagger at her again. Again it was repelled by one of the lightning balls. She shook her head as she raised her hand as if she had other trick out of her sleeves. The balls of lightning that were spinning around behind her were now above her. Then five circle started to divide making dozens of small balls. Dozens of lightning balls started to make a tantrum separating arbitrary around the area shooting lightning down.

 

Verex was able to keep up the pace of lightning. He moved in high speed to avoid all the lightning. And on top of that, he gradually approached toward Leinchou to end her as quick as possible. He managed to narrow down the distance to initiate his move, but she was gone. It wasn't possible to get away from his sight when she was right in front of him a second ago. He rubbed his eyes just to see if what he was seeing was right.

 

"Is this.."

 

Before he could finish the sentence, lightning struck right behind him and that lightning manipulated into form of human figure. This human figure was Leinchou. She came from under the lightning ball out of surprise swinging dagger.

 

Fibies neyuh huuyien (Five star links)*

 

Four other lightning balls surrounded Verex, giving no place to escape. Then she moved path through him like she was ghost except her dagger was able to cut him through. She didn't stop there, she kept swining the dagger connecting all the dot. And finally, when dots were all met he was cut up badly. His cloak was now all ripped apart except for the part where it covered his face. Next, she made her finishing move by stabbing from above. However, with shaking body, he blocked the upcoming attack.

 

"You sure are strong, but it seems that you are all worn out. Legend who couldn't even see my skill. And how I moved in a pattern of drawing a star"

 

Right that moment, star was drawn surrounding Verex's body. He was now immobilized. He tried to budge, but it was no use. He had no strength left.

 

"Way I connected the dots were at was a star. This lightning that are binding are not going to hurt you if I don't order them to. Also, I wasted too much of stamina and strength to move or fight any longer."

 

It was clearly a stalemate by then, but she looked over to Kyondame side as she gave out a small smile.

 

"But,...."

 

Before she could finish the sentence and before he knew, sharp blade went through his back to his chest penetrating the body.

 

"Yo, you trash, who can't even beat a B rank Hellbeasts. Nice ta meet ya again. Didya miss me?"

 

Kyondame, half with smiling, half frowning raised her voice as she coughed out blood out of her mouth and body soaked with blood, as if she took a bath with red paint.

 

Just like that shadow that were protecting Shikihime was gone as Verex collapsed on to the white ground tainted with in mix of red and purple blood.

0