Book 1: Act I Scene 54 Silenced
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 54

 

Silenced

 

Before everything happened fight between Verex, There once was a point where everyone was lined up facing each other. On the Hellbeasts side, there were Aihara Ai, Gyudell Jubien, Kyondame, Hugh, and Velloke. On the other side, there were Kanzaki Yuri, Aono Junpei, Kaori, Wataruske Maxias, and Verex. Kyondame was sure disappointed at who they were facing, but at the same time, she was looking took a short glance on her sides like she had planned something. Their foes did not know what they were planning since they did not open the focal zone yet and they surely thought they would participate nicely. Just like that air In the lobby with four white concrete walls surrounding got tense and pressured by strong aura. On the outside of the battlefield, there were Kiiri and Ao on Hellbeasts side, and there were Shinji and Sonya right in the center to look at fighting in full view. However, Rian and Shikihime were on the far left corner making distance away from all the crazyness that had been going on here. The fifty fourth scene takes place little earlier than the last scene that will connect the dot from the last scene.

 

Right when match had begun, Kiiri dashed to the other side where Rian was grabbing her dagger. Four of the Mage panicked, but one did not. It was Verex. Verex dipped into the shadow after pep talk they had in the last scene. She tried to slash him down altering his arm into crescent shaped blade, but it was too late. She noticed that shadow she was stepping on was now connected with Shikihime's shadow. She let out a disappointed face as she transformed her blade arm to normal. Seeing the situation in Junpei's view. He thought what they meant by match was one on one fight, but it seemed like it wasn't according to what he was seeing in current situation.
Maxias tried to dash toward where Kiiri was at, but blocked by strong solid block of metal that appeared out of the ground. Behind the bar, there was Velloke. He was leaning behind the bar of metal. He took a slight glance behind the bar to see what he was going to do mext. But, all the images reflecting right before his eyes were stationary. It showed Maxias just standing there doing nothing. This kind of action was peculiar to Velloke. He thought about what could he possibly gain by just standing. He still had no clue, so he tested out what he was up to.

 

"I have no idea what you are up to, but I am sure what you are going to do is deadly. Wataruske Maxias, you are the Silent Swordsman after all."

 

"Hey, who knows? I am a rather lazy guy. I might give up."

 

He raised his voice with a little bit of sarcasm in it as he shrugged both of his shoulders with two hands up in the middle showing that he didn't even unsheathed his katana yet. He just yawned rubbing his eyes. He was acting so nonchalantly, it almost looked like he didn't even care about going to the other side anymore.

 

"It was wise of you not to attack me head on."

 

compressed aura enlarged to expand Maxias's boundary. Velloke felt a threatening aura pressuring him to make off balance. When he lost his balance, it was Maxis's turn to make a move. He came above where Vellke was standing trying to maintain balance, and he finally unsheathed his katana to cut him down. Fortunately, he had his own weapon to defend against it. with a clank sound between the metal pole and the katana Velloke got interested in Maxias's strength.

 

"Ho? Aren't you the entertaining one out of the five? Never fought Swordsman before, but you guys are strangely observant and capable of dealing with Mgics. How do you do it, I wonder.And being not able to track your movement through focl zone, do Swordsman have some kind of ability to prevent exposure?"

 

"I dunno about that, chief, but I do know that I can see in the future that you are gonna be cut by me. "

 

As their conversations went back and forth, their movement didn't stop. One place to another, Only showing scenery of clashing between their weapons were shown. This showed how fast they were moving. And as Maxias noticed metal coming underneath he made a distance away from the metal bar.

 

"You are rather quick on your feet. If you were a Mage, you would be a speedster."

 

"Why, thank you."

 

He backed down putting his katana up front to make a stance. Velloke was prepared to do anything. He observed surrounding to predict what was going to happen next. There was nothing unusual. no suspicion came to his eyes. He just saw images of him dashing toward him. And when he did he summoned magical circles around him. Each one of those circles, bars of metal appeared ready to block whatever lied ahead.

 

"You think I am that easy, Hellbeast who I don't know?"

 

Maxias was already behind him ready to counter attack him. In a second, he realized that metals surrounding him was cut in half. As he was turning back with startled face, Maxias swung his sword as he passed by him leaving a mild damage. He didn't stop here, he turned back to face again lifting his katana pointing at Velloke and murmured.

 

Gyuutoku Style: Streaming Water Slice*

 

He moved like water streaming in the shore, gently and carefully slowly putting his katana back to waist down. However, when he contacted Velloke again, he swiftly dew his katana so fast, it made a strong wave right in front of Velloke.

 

"Oy, Oy, Oy"

 

The strong wave was pushing Velloke away making quite distance away from Maxias. The wave was blocked his magic that allowed him to make extra layer of metal around his body. This was a close call even with his metal armor. When he managed to make his metal to block behalf of his body. Metals that were surrounding him were crumbling apart. Maxias raised his voice as he sheathed his katana.

 

"Observing your foe is the key to the victory. And also I warn you, never let your guard down, that is my advice to you."

 

"It looks like I underestimated you,"

 

Velloke stretched out his arm to the left making a fist. This allowed whole dozens of metals to come out of the ground. They curved down constantly to strike down. At first bars of metals headed for Maxias just to get one hit out of it. Of course, Maxias avoided ever single one of them. The speed of metals couldn't catch up hiss movement. And every single one of them were cut into pieces. Velloke then knew this was just a child play for him. Maxias mocked as he moving his index finger left and right.

 

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, feels like you can do more, but you are not doing more of it. I wonder if you have a reason why you are not trying hard to kill me. Do you have any devious plan again like you try to make hostage out of those innocent humans? It seems like they are doing fine though. Verex, as known as Dark Lord is no joke."

 

"Hmm, what if...."

 

Before he could speak, Maxias appeared behind him.

 

"And I am the Thirteenth Swordsman, don't take this lightly, you should be careful, you really might die."

 

Blade rain*

 

Maxias unsheathed his katana again swishing above in the air. The slahes he made in the air made a physical shape of dozens of thin needles. These needles then showered down on Velloke. However, he stood still. He was injured badly, but he didn't care. It seemed like he was skimming something.

 

"You know, you are quite a handle for a thirteenth Swordsman."

 

Instead of constantly attacking with bunch of metal bars, this time, metal bars curved to surround Maxias putting him blocking all the light. He observed the darkness that was surrounding him. All the presence was gone and no sound was heard.

 

"Let's continue the conversationt about those two. Do you think they could really pull it out? I mean you guys are strong, but I son't know maybe, just maybe."

 

"You just don't understand do you."

 

Maxias cut down the surrounding metals into tiny pieces instantly and faced Velloke. He could now sense every presence in the guild. However, One presence was not around him anymore. It was where Verex and Shikihime were at. He observed the situation and tension as he shook his head.

 

"So this was your plan all along, blocking the presence to make that blonde kid to support. You were just a distraction."

 

"Correction, now that it is cleared up and finished my duty, I can fight you for real."

 

Velloke made a battle stance to make a magic cirlcle, but Maxias shook his head again.

 

"Your battle was already over when it started., give it up. The wound will grow and about tp open right about now."

 

For the first time, Velloke was confused to what he was referring to. Then Maxias filled the answer to the confusion.

 

"When the match had begun, did you really see me just standing still or..."

 

Velloke knew what he was saying now. What he saw was indeed true, but the movement was too fast for him to see it. Also, the reason he couldn't see it because movement wasn't just huge attack or fancy attack that could be noticed right away. He realized that he made a slash just by drawing his katana fast enough to use one of Maxias's technique and unsheathed back in so it could n't be noticed that easily.

 

Velloke's clothing suddenly got ripped out showing his bare chest. And on his chest, long red line was drawn top to bottom. Next up line opened up to make an long thin oval burtsing out all the blood inside. He collapsed finally on the ground showing his one sided battle in his loss.

 

"Well, don't worry, I didn't give you that much of that damage to kill you. Or was this too much, chief?"

 

He took a glimpse of glance at Velloke and turned away to help the rest.

 

0