Book 1: Act I Scene 55 Another trick?
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 55

 

Another trick?

 

Things happened so suddenly. It was no longer one on one match, Mages and Hellbeasts had been separated to fight foes not in particular order. Like last time Velloke interferred Maxias. Looking into other perspective of view,there were groups of Mages and Hellbeasts. There were Gyudell Jubien, Joheinne Hugh, Aihara Ai. As for Mages there were Aono Junpei, Kanzaki Yuri, and Kaori. In the scenery, Junpei struggling to fight against Ai. It would be natural for Junpei to struggle because of power gap between them, but there was another issue. It was just that he couldn't hit girls. So he just kept dodging her attack trying to escape from her. Surprisisngly, even few minutes in, there was no single damage on his body. This implied how he was quick on his feet. And right beside him was Yuri handling two Hellbeasts by herself. Yuri was rather handling well for going against two Hellbeasts. Whereas Kaori just sat behind Yuri yawning expressing her boredom. The fifty fifth scene will continue connecting the dots from the last scene had left off.

 

Yuri took few steps back to stratetize her next move. As she dodged Jubien who was about to confront her with fist burning with fire. she tilted her body little to the left kicking him in the chin. He knocked right out flying off in the air. At the same time she noticed Hugh was far away trying to make a move. She tried to approach him by dashing, but his technique made her guard down.

 

Sanction*

 

In an instant, Yuri was facing Hugh eye to eye. Then he grabbed her whole with just one hand with ease and smashed her down on the ground. He then raised his voice as he held high up in the air. It seemed like one sided battle.

 

"So, Mage, any final word?"

 

Yuri didn't reply, instead, she murmured as she held her blade with her shaking hands pointing at him.

 

Blossom*

 

The magical circle was drawn in a second and on the tip of her blade, ice full of pointy ice were summoned. It was just one or two, but as the seconds passed by, hundreds of ice full of spikes stacked up together pushing Hugh away. from her. This also made him to take some damage. However, the damage wasn't good enough him to knock down. He just took the damage as though it was nothing and straightened up his stance. As he cracked his neck left and right, he observed Yuri top to bottom. He did observed her before, but this time he looked thoroughly seeing her clothing style. Then he put his fist down on his palm gesturing he noticed something.

 

"Hey, I just realized! You are that girl, right? Girl with Kanatsuki Takashi, infamous Lightning Mage. Then you became Ice Goddess, despite the fact that you are half human. What gives? I know that you are more knowledgeable than us, Hellbeasts and Mages, but how strong are you? You seem really weak. Seeing not opening Focal Zone, I assume you didn't even open the first one. This is worth than I thought. I guess anyone can get god or goddess title if you are smart enough."

 

It seemed like he got hit by the technique Yuri used just now to test how strong she was. He just shook his head with disappointment trying to counter back with his magic.

 

Sanction*

 

As soon as wind tried to drag her in, she summoned big block of ice out of azure magical circle preventing her from dragging to Hugh's side.

 

She then swung her blade cutting the ice in front of her.

 

Savaging Ice*

 

Huge magical circle appeared on the ground. It was so big, it went up to where her target was. Big chunk of pointy ice were summoned coming out of the magic circle Then this chunk of pointy ice slid through her side to his side. The savaged ice froze the ground as it hastily approached toward where he was. On the other hand, Hugh just swayed her arm left to right to make huge wind wave to prevent from getting hit.

 

"Ha!, that little wind of your won't be a problem."

 

Yuri was sure that wind breeze was not that strong, but as it went closer to the ice, the breeze became stronger. Although it was just a small portion of wind made by swaying, strength of the wind was powerful enough to withstand the savaged ice went up wildly at him. When the ice and wind collided together, wind completely destroyed wind shattering into pieces. Yuri stepped away after seeing her ice getting destroyed right in front of her. She needed to get away before the rest of the wind hit her, but with her speed, she knew that she couldn't avoid the wind. Hence, not a second to waste, she made a battle stance trying to block the wind somehow. She might have had to give it all to block it. However, right before she could do anything, someone was flying beside her pushing away Yuri. Of course Kaori who was watching got involved. This someone was Junpei. It seemed like he was pushed away one of Ai's attack. Three of them flew all the way to other side of the white wall giving strong impact to make cracks on the wall.

 

Kaori rubbed hier head as she set her swirly glasses to where it was before.

 

" Jeez, What gives? Ye kna ye gotta be careful! Suddenly flying right at Kanzaki ya, It woulda kill me too."

 

"Shut up you idiot!You don't even help and you say something like that? At least back me up when I am in clutch."

 

Yuri picked up her broken glasses and took a glance full of irritation at Kaori. Kaori pretended to be scared backing up a little bit. Seeing that she wanted to yell at her, but she realized she flew here by someone. She then noticed Junpei was on top of her covering half of her body touching her body unconsciously. She sighed out loudly and slapped him right away.

 

"Ow!"

 

Junpei recovered by Yuri's slap and observed surrounding to see where he was. He didn't realize he was on top of Yuri. He just moved his head left and right to see how far he flew away. Kaori teased them as though she was analyzing the awkward position they were in.

 

"Ahhh, what do we have here? Guy on top of Yuri, how bold! Is this it? Are ye guys gonna do you know, in here, and certainly at the times like this? Ooooh! This is better than my Shoujo Ai Manga. The comical romance is happening before my eyes!"

 

Before they know it, Junpei and Kaori had bumps on the head. Yuri gripped her fist tight as she was going to make another bumps on their head, but a female voice stopped from doing so. It was Ai. She analyzed a situation as she walked toward them.

 

"Kanzaki Yuri, half human, half Mage, attribute ice, has cocky attitude, unofficial ice Goddess. Only became one because of her knowledge. Kaori, inventious, attribute unknown, has loose attitude. Name unknown, attribute unknown, rather unusual attitude, Don't like to attack. Fighting skill zero. In my calculation, you guys have less than one percentage of winning us."

 

"Ho? Quite an analysis you got there, chibi. My guess is same as yours."

 

Yuri stared as she heard her saying nonsense and acknowledged what she was saying. She went up to Kaori with hot tempered head. She was furious and yelled at her with absurd face.

 

"You idiot! Are you for real? Less than one percent? I alone could kill that bitch!"

 

"Oh? I can open the second gate of the Focal Zone. Which allows me to see your movement and so does the guy from far away. Only chance of winning, I say only slightest is one of you can open one of the gates in Focal Zone. My assumption is that you are the strongest among three, but can you open it?"

 

It seemed like Ai was mocking at Yuri's strength And at the same time her title as an Ice Goddess as if she doesn't deserve to be one. However, Yuri did not fight back because all of her words were true. After seeing Yuri suddenly lost her confident, Kaori stepped in.

 

"Hmm, I wonder, it's not really zero percent right, Chibi chan? I think we might have trick of our own to turn this table around."

 

Without a blink of an eye, Ai shook her head gesturing that she was disagreeing with Kaori.

 

"Impossible. Non of you are even strong enough to defeat either one of us. I mean one percent if one of you are able to go into Focal Zone, not some trickery."

 

"You willing to put a bet on that?"

 

Kaori gave a mischievous smile as she pulled out metal squared container filled with liquor.

 

0