Book 1: Act I Scene 56 Game over
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 56

 

Game over

 

In the lobby with white clean walls there was intense atmosphere Spheres of auras pressed against each other trying to push it away. In the perspective of the main field, Kaori was spotted standing in front of Yuri and Junpei opening cap of small metal container. Yuri tapped her shoulder making sure what she was doing was true. Kaori turned to her making hand gesture saying calm down, but she thought otherwise. As far as she knew Kaori, she was always getting into troubles. Junpei was just standing with despondent face puzzled by what they were doing. On the other side, Ai was just curious about what she was planning to do. As for Hugh, he was just tapping his foot couple of times to wait for their conversation to end. The fifty sixth scene will continue connecting the final dot in order to straighten up the progression of the story.

 

Seeing Kaori took a sip from the metal container, she lost patience. Ai decided to make a first move by making sharp ice burg coming out of the ground trying to cut them above. Surprisingly, Kaori dodged it quite well. She was pretty docile. She then took another sip out of the container, but this time she didn't let liquor slide down her throat. Instead, she gargled. Of course this made Ai more mad and furious. This was actually the first time, Ai lost her temper.

 

"You are just nuisance, you are just going to spit it out. I ask you one more time, what is your trick?"

 

Right then she realized her attitude got over her action so she tried to cool her head. She concentrated to focus on fighting. All she had to do was to defeat who is in front of her after all. She then saw furthermore what was going to happen. She stepped back few steps back preventing it.

 

When Kaori did exactly what Ai said, instead of liquor good chunk of fire blasted out of her mouth destroying the iceberg. The fire blast was now headed to Ai. She saw the images passing by, but there was no chance of avoiding the fire blast. However, in an instance, Hugh appeared in front of Ai only few distance away. He took the fire blast with just one hand and crushed it.

 

He saw Kaori's let down face when the fire had gone out. Her expression didn't last long. Her tone came back to sarcasm again.

 

"C'mon, what a let down, I was almost certain that would get you, damn it!"

 

"Kaori, infamous Inventious, one of the mysterious Mage in Erlias. This fire is no magic, is this what you call trickery? What is your true attribute?"

 

Kaori just shrugged it off as if she was oblivious to what he had just asked and spoke with with a tone with filled with sarcasm.

 

"Why so serious? I am just no good with using Magic. Ya kno me, I was interested in Science ever since I got to know Human World. It was too long ago, I seriously forgot how to use Magic myself."

 

It was no use talking to Kaori. Her trait was just sarcasm itself, oblivious to everything, and interested in everything. Not even, members in the guild could not guess what was going on her head. Hugh warned while facing forward.at his foes.

 

"Even though they cannot go into the Focal Zone, they still have Kaori, Sure she is not strong enough, but she isn't titles infamous Inventious for nothing. Herself being in the battlefield could be bothersome. And that boy, something feels fishy about that boy. Why do I feel Hellbeasts sensation near him."

 

"Sorry, I wasn't aware. And about that male Mage, I too sense Hellbeast aura around him, but I am more curious to what he is capable of. He has been dodging all my attack until the last attack I just made."

 

The words caught his attention. He locked himself in a thought for a second trying to strategize what to do. Then in a split second, instead of using magic to make things fighting easier for him, he appeared behind three Mages. He reached out his arm to target Junpei. However, before he could grab him with his arm, but he pushed his arm away to the other side. Junpei spoke as he gave out a confused and frustrated face.

"Hey, I thought this was one to one match, right? Or do people take things differently in here?"

 

Focal Zone, one of the gate could allow one to see through foes' movement one or few steps ahead, but of course this could take a wrong turn, when one were to be distracted or fixated in only one foe specifically. And one more thing that could stop from doing so was to open the gate from the other side. Seeing few steps ahead from both sides could turn into unexpected fight because they collide between the two making hard to find an opening.

 

After seeing how Junpei pushed away his arm aside, he was not surprised. He then continued what he intended to do in the first place. He strike his side ribs giving enough impact to move the other side. He took that chance to approach further more to pushed his arm to hit Junpei's chin.

 

"Ah, I guess you are no ordinary. You are indeed amateur, but somehow could see my steps ahead to intercept my attack. I applaud you for that."

 

While, Junpei was in mid air, he didn't waste any second. He put down his hand pointing at the ground to use magic.

 

Sanction*

 

This time he was the only one who got dragged into the wind. He tried to strike yet once again trying to aim for the kill, but icy wind blew between Junpei and him. At that moment, Yuri jumped up to save him. Kaori, again teased what Yuri did.

 

"Hey, hey, aren't you guys moving too fast, Hey, but who am I to judge? You kids do whatever you want, but I never imagined a girl carrying a guy like that, not even in Manga, how romantic!"

 

Yuri realized how her hand was under his neck and another by his legs and dropped him right away. Her face got red like an apple as she turned her face to Kaori.

 

"Hey! You keep gonna.."

 

Before she could speak any further, Kaori wasn't there. That moment, she felt eerie feeling. The air in the lobby became heavier than before making her kneeling onto the ground. The heavy pressure made her sweat draining all of her stamina away. With last of stamina left in her body, she turned her face to Hugh just to see the situation where he was lifting her head in the mid air. It wasn't a great sight to see. between his hand and face, there was blood everywhere. She tried to resist, but he was grabbing her tight so she couldn't get away.

 

"Well, that's two down, three more to go. Looks of it, it seemed like our presences are now present. I guess time ran out. Meaning more Mages will feel our presences. I have to finish this quick."

 

Hugh dropped Kaori right away to approach Yuri and Junpei. He gathered his fingers to strike, but Maxias appeared before them clashing his katana against Hugh's arm.

 

"Quite sturdy, Do you really have to open the third gate?"

 

"Well, I have to, or my arm would be cut by your weapon. It looked like Maxias got it cover. However, ice appeared within the area separating Yuri, Junpei, and Maxias apart. They were now facing Jubien and Ai now.

 

"Ha! One lousy Ice Mage and an amateur. This is piece of cake."

 

Jubien dashed like wild animal making pumping fire out of his both hands. Yuri held her blade tight to concentrate what he would do next. However, unexpectedly, Junpei stepped into dash toward Jubien. He spoke as he made hand glitter with lightning.

 

"Stop being so fixated in this guy, you take care of that girl. She could attack from far away."

 

"What! Are you ordering me around? And how do you know that guy could attack from far ahead?"

 

Junpei paused for a moment to think.

 

"Because looking at his posture and way he is moving. I might not be true, but I am willing to take the risk."

 

Before she could ask any other question, Junpei was already gone. His feet were coated with lightning making him to move faster. His movement caught Jubien off guard when he was already half way there before he did. He gave out a chuckle as he charged more fire to his hands. When they were finally met face to face, he threw his punch at his foe. Junpei, on the other hand, saw his attack coming. He slightly moved his body back to dodge the blow and pushed his arm away. Even though first attack was a miss, but he had other hand getting ready to strike. First, he slid his leg on the ground to make Junpei trip then he smashed Junpei in the stomach with his fist. Then the impact gave out an explosion burning surrounding area.

 

"Typical idiot, acting like you know everything, but you are actually a weak ass amateur."

 

Jubien wanted to trash talk more about him, but he stopped when he felt strong grip around his arm. When he looked down, he noticed Junpei's hands were grabbing his arm. He raised a voice as he panted little by little.

 

"I know guys like you, you are the one who thinks who knows everything, but in actuality, you are not. I just received your punch charged with fire power, so I was wondering, If I could do the same thing, what will happen to your body? I know I won't do that much of damage on you, but you should know what electricity does to your body, right?"

 

After hearing what he said, he started to panic. he tried to burn his arm by grabbing it, but Junpei didn't let go. He withstood the pain let out electricity on to him. Streams of electricity electrocuted him crisping him along with a little bit of paralysis. He collapsed right away on the spot wriggling his body. Junpei was still standing, but too collapsed eventually.

 

They were both heavily damaged, but not soon later, Jubien leaned his hand on the ground sitting up. He stood up as he shook his head to get in the game again. When he did, Junpei was unconscious. There was no point of fighting, but He lost his temper. He pumped the fire into his hands once again to make a final blow, but stopped by heavy pressure. The pressure was crushing him on the ground by force.

 

"Hmm, I think it's over you guys have three left and us, two. The match is now officially over. I guess game over for us, right?"

 

Shinji pressed everyone with his magic as he turned his face to one remaining Hellbeast who wasn't on the battle field.

0