Book 1: Act II Scene 3 Test
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 3

Test

This scene takes place in the lobby of the Guild where all four walls of blank concrete walls surrounded the area, food stands, bar, and table set in the center. There was no one in the lobby for a while now, but after many hours passing by, somebody was bound to come in. Huge door was pushed by the strong wind. Followed by the strong breeze of the wind, Shinji land his first foot step inside the guild. As he shook his head to get rid of his hair that was getting in away by trying to cover his eyes. When he was in, the door shut the door behind him making sure the wind wouldn't come in. There was no one to welcome him, but he figured as much. Last night was a mess and many injured because of unexpected events. He could easily see them, or even their movement using his Focal Zone, but the fact that they were being treated was too obvious. Hence, he just calculated of them being in the Kaori's lab just by thought standing still. And at the snap of his finger, wind wrapped him around to take where the nursing room was. Behind the door , he found Verex just standing by waiting them to wake up. Without turning his face to Verex, he spoke in quiet voice.

 

"So you are not going to go in? You are badly hurt ya know? Or do you have any other issue that you cannot go in?"

 

Verex did not say anything. He hid his injured body by covering putting his hand on it. In order to avoid furthermore question, he merged with his shadow and disappeared in a second.

 

"Tsk, tsk, leaving without saying anything, how many times are you going to hide yourself in the shadow. That will actually lead you to fatality in the end for you."

 

He mumbled as he entered the nursing room with a pitiful expression in his face. Inside, as he expected, there was everyone. However, he didn't look at others, he only took a glance at Junpei who was looking healthy as a horse. He was sitting in the bed with his legs folded concerned about others. He called out with his hand gesture.

 

Junpei pointed at himself making sure if he was doing it to him. when he tilted his face with a puzzled face, Shinji yelled at him quietly since other three were sound asleep, but he was showing how desperate he was.

 

"Yes, you, dimwit! Can you at least not to be dense and stupid when you are in critical situations?"

 

"Hey, what the heck? What did I do? And what do you mean by critical situation? I am fine, it's the others that are not fine."

 

Shinji let out a long sigh looking down as though Junpei doesn't know anything. He manipulated his wind to drag him where he was. Junpei was surprised by sudden movement, but seeing how serious Shinji was, he didn't say anything. He led him to first floor just to stare at the white blank floor. But, he seemed to be finding something. Few seconds later, he stopped in front of top corner of the whole lobby making few distance away from the wall. And when he raised his first two fingers upward. Out of sudden, corner of the ground opened up showing stairs that led to somewhere. He turned his face to Junpei and gestured his hands to go downstairs. Junpei had no idea why he abruptly acted like this, but he believed he had good explanation. Or so he thought.

 

When his foot reached the first step of one of the many stairs, bright light lit up. He didn't know where the ray of light was coming from. He just knew the darkness in the basement of the guild was gone, but he couldn't see anything. It was too bright, he was blinded by the light. He tried to shield his eyes with his arm, but it was too late, he accidentally tilted his foot ending up falling off the stairs. Seeing the whole thing, Shinji sighed with a pitiful face and snapped his fingers once again. The mild breeze of wind was summoned to guide Junpei to the safe ground. After seeing Junpei landing safely on the ground, he jumped off the stairs to land on the ground. He took a glance at Junpei who was lying on the ground and spoke like he had no time to lose.

 

"C'mon, follow me."

 

Not surprisingly, basement was also dyed in color of white, not a single paint was on them. There were no ornaments, decorations, and no single furniture. Only doors existed in the room. three in the left, other three on the right, and one each front and backof the room. Shinji headed right side of the room opening the first door knob. He was moving so fast, Junpei had to act quickly.

 

When they both got into the room, Junpei saw something rather different for a change. The walls in the room were painted with sky blue and gray making it look like drawing of the clouds in the sky. Junpei felt as though he was floating in the sky. However, this feeling didn't last long when he saw bunch of weapons surrounding the room. There were chains, swords, axes, daggers, knuckles. There were so many and varieties of weapons, he couldn't count all. And finally, he heard the familiar male voice.

 

"Are you sure, Shinji? Is this what you want?"

 

"Yes, that is what he said. If he passes, he stays, if he doesn't pass, he dies."

 

The one who was sharing conversation back and forth was Wataruske Maxias. Junpei was still puzzled. He had no idea what was going on. Maxias explained step to step when he saw his confused face.

 

"Take all the time you need to choose weapon in this room and try to touch me once. If you succeed, you can stay here and join our guild. This is your first official test."

 

Junpei shrugged gesturing that he still didn't understand the situation.

 

"One of the Mage in upper Hierarchy thinks you are suspicious having Hellbeast;s aura. Good news is that if you could just merely damage one of us, he will let this slide. Apparently, if you are strong, he is fine with it. On the other hand, if you refuse, he will kill you because he sees you as just weakling and become nuisance."

 

Junpei couldn't believe what he was hearing. He put his pinkie inside of his ear and tingled to clear his ear to make sure he was hearing correctly. Of course he knew he heard it, but it seemed like he didn't want it to be true. He could hear the sounds of Maxias's foot tapping on the concrete ground waiting him to choose a weapon to fight. He waited patiently and patiently until he grabbed a weapon, but he could see him just wondering what to do walking in awkward way.

 

"We got no time, Lightning chan. If you don't, I will just start now."

 

He raised his arms up to put his fists in front of him.

 

"I am not into holding weapons nor I wielded one of them. How would I know what to use?"

 

"This is taking way too long., if you don't need them, then don't use them."

 

Shinji joined the conversation that were going back and forth. And at the same time, he gave a sign that he needed to give it all. When Maxias saw his face, he knew he had to make a move sometime. So he made a move while Junpei was deciding what to do.

 

"Heads up."

 

All of a sudden, Junpei could feel strong aura dominating the room. The air pressure got heavier fast and at last he could feel the presence of Maxias coming over to his side. He tried to prevent whatever was going to happen beforehand, but his reflexion was way too slow. or rather he was too fast to avoid it. Right when he was about to tilt his foot to step back a bit, he was already facing Junpei face to face trying to punch him in the face. Thankfully, Junpei managed to duck down making him to miss,. However, he was quick enough to cut his few hair out of him with his fist. Maxias skipped his feet to make a distance between him smiling back at him.

 

"Heh? I saw you how fast you were yesterday, but didn't expect to dodge my attack. this fast. But, then again, this is only the beginning, I will look forward to your next movement, Lightning chan."

0