Book 1: ActII Scene 4
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 4

 

Motivation

 

Sky blue color filled the whole room and white paint was brushed to make it look like clouds in the sky. It was just a room just like others, but it was more spacious than out side All kind of weapons as such as swords, daggers, gantlets, guns, and many more were surrounding the room. The drawings on the wall made it look peaceful in some way, but there was heavy tension inside the room. The fight between Maxias and Junpei was still at it. The fight was at it for almost five minutes, but this was a lot to take in for Junpei. Within five minutes, he had to prevent from getting hit more than he could count. He was rather surprised that he could prevent multiple confrontation with him though. Every movement he made, he could sense the alertness beforehand by being able to sense his presence reaching him. However, the sensation he felt like this happened just recently so it was hard to adjust it. The fourth scene will cover the battle between Maxias and Junpei.

 

Junpei knew he had to initiate his attack, but didn't know when. He was too fast with no opening. He accumulated his lightning to his feet to increase the strength into his feet allowing him to move quicker in his feet. At the same time,, he began to strategize what he was going to do next as he dashed around the room to make distraction. Maxias, without moving an inch, he could see the whole view of the room. He felt the tension and of course, he already knew what he was going to do next. He put one of his hand to his face almost covering his face to express disappointment on Junpei and when he did, his eyes made ray of short blue light for a short moment. He then swung his arm backward as if he knew Junpei was going to attack him from back.

 

"It would be much more challenging if you could use your Focal Zone properly."

 

Just like that, as he expected, Junpei was headed there and eventually got hit in his chest. The heavy blow gave powerful impact blowing him few distances away from Maxias.

 

"You seem to be fast enough, but your moves are full of agitation unlike fight from before. Even any situation given, one needs to be calm and relax to read the situation. Until you know how to calm yourself, you won't be able to land a finger on me."

 

Maxias tilted his feet and slowly went behind Junpei to hit him with his elbow. It was deadly approach, but not deadly enough to kill him. Junpei, with a sound of groan leaned his hand against on the ground and sat up in awkward position. He started to take a deep breath and inhaled and exhaled repetitively. He mumbled silently in between.

 

"Cal, calm, calm."

 

As he mumbled, Maxias could feel magical power was increasing. It wasn't that surprising for him though. Seeing what Junpei had done yesterday fighting with Hellbeasts and Yuri, he was actually expecting more from him. However, Maxias didn't wait, he right away confronted him right away. He tried to punch him down. Thankfully, he noticed the aura coming again. Junpei quickly put his hand down on the ground moved his leg behind to make a stance. He tilted his feet to change direction as he saw upcoming fist. He hopped opposite side to avoid his attack, but, his fist didn't go all the way down. Instead, he instantaneously spun half way to make a turning kick.

 

Now it was too late for Junpei to react. Unexpected kick strike him in the face sending him against the wall. Maxias slowly got on his twoo feet again. He took a glance at at him with a pity.

 

"Don't think you can get away from me that easy. And I am not even using my katana, I am also at the disadvantage here. If I used my weapon, you will most likely to be dead long before."

 

Junpei straightened up leaving chunk of blood on the sky wall to crouch trying to catch up his breath. He looked down to think for a while then he looked up to look at Maxias face to face.

 

"So, why is it? Why are you not using your weapon of yours? I thought this was serious match, what is the big deal?"

 

"You are catching up fast, Yuri was more of a choice in battle here, but since you got no interest fighting girls, I was the only one who could test you. So having my weapon would be too easy, and that is why I decided not to use my katana. But it seems like you can't even handle the handicap. You humans are weak, I assume, wait no, you are no human, you are Hellbeast."

 

Junpei looked around the left and right just to find bunch of weapons. Sure there were many sharp objects, but there was one that wasn't, it was just a black pair of gloves. Before he was about to do anything, Maxias raised his voice.

 

"Go on ahead, pick up that gloves, I don't know purpose of that glove. It doesn't have sharp edges nor any hardness to make damage out of it, but you'll need it."

 

Junpei asked as he pushed the ground with his hand standing up.

 

"Do you know why I choose not to use weapon? And do you know why I hesitate to fight?"

 

It sounded pretty cheesy for Maxias, but he went along with it. His words are full of sarcasm and teasing.

 

"Umm, because you had trauma in the past and now you are afraid of pointy objects? and you don't fight because you are scared?"

 

Junpei replied as he pulled the end of the glove that was inside of his hand with his teeth to make it go all the way in. He knew he was trying to tease him, but he answered with straight face.

 

"Well, you are half true, I had dealt with weapons when I was in junior and it is true that I don't fight because I am scared, but If I were to be using weapon to fight you, what would I be in the future? how will I face the truth that I actually fought others intending to take their lives or hurt them?"

 

"Heh? Wise wise words coming out of you. Let me guess, you did something wrong and got lectured by your teachers or friends or family?"

 

Junpei nodded.

 

"All true, but rather than lecture, it was a promise. I promised not to get in the fight when there is no point of fighting."

 

Despite the cheesy talk, Junpei's words made him him gasp. He was rather surprised those wise words, came out of his mouth as though elderly person lecturing their dozens of experience he or she had in early ages. Maxias answered question with another question looking straight beck at him.

 

"Let's per say, this is a death match, Are you still going to stand still like a buffoon, even though your life is in danger?"

 

Maxias knew exactly what Junpei was going to say so he continued before he could say anything.

 

"Nah, ah, ah, this is not negotiable or something you could talk about to solve a case. Real life death battle is just like the test because you are willing to put all your effort into in one because they both decide your fate of the future. So what will it be?"

 

Junpei sighed heavily looking downward as he started to walk forward. He finally put on the other pair of the black glove with his teeth and mumbled silently.

 

"Hate to admit it, I guess I have to break your promise....Forgive me."

0