Book 1: Act II Scene 7 Identity crisis
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 7

 

Identity crisis

 

The fight had finally over. atmosphere in the air calmed down as long with the heavy pressure it had. Yellow glowing light bulb let out thousand rays of light down on the lobby. In the lobby, Junpei and others were spotted sitting on the bench. They seemed to be clearing up the odd events he was having today. While they were having conversation what and why it happened, Yuri, Sonya, and Kaori made an entrance by stepping down the stairs. They were surprised to see unexpected guest, Linones Jinsei. Just like always, Kaori sneaked to get over to Jinsei side and tried to sniff. However, he saw her coming, so he blocked her face by his golden armory hand. He let out a loud sigh as he flicked his finger to knock her out. Kaori stood right back again not even second to waste. When she was about to approach Jinsei again, Sonya quickly grabbed her end of the collar of clothing preventing her to move any further. And in the same scenery, Yuri stood beside them shaking her head with embarrassment. The seventh scene will cover the events happened after the match.

 

Jinsei turned his face to Shinji yet once again with agitated face. Anyone could tell why he was making that face expression.

 

"Are you for real? That girl is still around here? Why are you even keeping her in this guld, she is nothing, but nuissance in here."

 

Shinji didn't know how to respond.

 

"Well, hmm, well, she is..."

 

Seeing Shinji struggling to get the words in the right place, Junpei joined in the conversation. He interfered with a straight face.

 

"She saved my life, I mean my friends' lives as well."

 

"Ah, how thoughtful of you to say that. That might be true, but she killed thousands of Mages with her failed experiment itself., you know."

 

Before Junpei had time to turn suspiciously to where Kaori was, Shinji changed the subject.

 

"So, what do you think, so called Lightning God? Is he enough to be a proper Mage?"

 

"I don't approve of his worthiness of in my evaluation if it comes to strength, but I am curious about what his fighting style would be. And well, you guys already titled as him being a official member of the guild. Rest will be up to you, whether you guys train him or die by the other Mages by accident."

 

Shinji added more as though they were not done talking.He knew that Jinsei could sense Hellbeast aura and two other human upstairs. However, he just instantly disappeared and appeared in front of the door. Without looking back, he swayed his hand nonchalantly.

 

"I'll leave it up to your decision, all I was here for was that kid."

 

Just like that, he disappeared leaving bolts of lightning behind. Things were awkwardly silent for a moment. But, soon, this silent moment was gone when Shikihime came down the stairs just to find out Junpei and the rest of the gang. She wasn't properly stabled yet, but had strength enough to move around. She was wearing Kaori's lab coat when she wore when she used to experiment her things.With her lazy eyes and undone hair, she tried to read the situation.

 

"What the hell is going on here? What the hell happened to me?"

 

Shikihime seemed to be lost in a thought, but suddenly hundreds of pictures and scenerios passed by like a movie in her memory remembering what had happened before she blacked out. Then without a word, she was looking around as if she was searching for someone. She tiptoed if someone was there and moved her head left and right, but that someone she was searching for wasn't here. That someone was, of course, Verex. One who possessed her body to help her. The injuries were due to his fault, but if it weren't for him, she would probably dead by now.

 

"Umm, what are you doing?"

 

Sonya asked as she swayed here hand at Shikihime to get an attention from her. When she turned her worried face to her, Shinji stepped in to answer her question without hearing a question from her.

 

"No, he is not here. He left when you were unconscious."

 

"But, but, he might be hurt too, was he treated as well? From what I remember, he should have gotten more damage than I did."

 

She was going to continue, but she stopped when she heard someone making a sniffing noise. Without turning her head, she rasised her voice to Kaori who was behind her sniffing her hair.

 

"Wha, what the hell are you doing?!"

 

She wanted to lecture her, but she was too tired to do so.

 

"Ahh, worried I see, do I smell one bird in love? Ah, what a beautiful moment!"

 

she opened her arms and danced spinning round and round celebrating. And at the same time, Yuri went behind her and smacked her head and answered her question instead.

 

"He usually hide his feelings Don't worry about it, he comes and goes, you can thank him when he is around."

 

"Yes, yes, he'll be like, fatality, we were not meant to be at that time and now! It is time for us to..."

 

Kaori made an impression of Verex to tease her, but she got ignored by Shikihime right away.

 

"Then when is he coming back? I really want to thank him for what he did."

 

Shinji rubbed his chin looking for an answer.

 

"Hmm, well, he is always in missions, truth be told, I have no idea what he does for his life. He barely comes into the guild to greet us. Now that I think about it, he only comes to deliver a news about what he had found during his absence."

 

It was a let down for Shikihime to hear the news, but she moved on to the next subject in line right away. It was about her identity.

 

"Okay, okay, moving on, do you guys know what I am? I heard you guys that humans can't see Mages."

 

Maxias, who wasn't talking the whole time joined the conversation.

 

"How about we tested out, whether you really are indeed human or not?"

 

Shikihime tilted her head slightly to the right showing how puzzled she was. Maxias kept speaking to clear up what he was talking about.

 

"I am thinking of Strength, Stamina, and Speed. Just like human, we have minimum limitation of power sources running through our bodies. So, what I meant to say is that If you are qualified either stamina, strength, or speed, you might not be human. Well, not ordinary one anyway."

 

Shikihime didn't know how to reply for a second. She was wondering what he meant by qualified. Qualified as in passing the test? Qualified as in body scan? She thought all of these weird things in her head. Then she stuttered as she was about to look away.

 

"S, so, Wha, what are we going to do to prove that I am a normal human?"

 

"Don't worry about it, I am just going to test if you can move like Mages. For example...."

 

He didn't bother to finish the sentence. Instead, out of sudden, he threw his fist at her. His fist only came up to her tip of her nose. However, his movement was so fast, strong pressure of wind came along with it blowing Shikihime away. Thankfully, at that same moment, Yuri jumped up to catch her.

 

"Christ! What the hell were you thinking? Are you that dumb? We did see her stamina, strength, speed when she was fighting. Sure, fighting was extraordinary, but those stamina and speed could be achieved even by human. As such as aerobatics, tracking team, which falls into category of sports club. So why don't we just send her to her home?"

 

Maxias raised his voice as he shook his head.

 

Yuri, yuri, yuri, you sure? You sure are naive as always. Because I have a hunch she isn't one of them.

 

Yuri frowned her face as she came down on to the ground carrying Shikihime. Then she turned her face to Maxias. She was waiting for him to give up, but Maxias went on to convince her with a smile on his face.

 

"Well, I might be wrong, but if I could borrow her for an hour or so, I bet I could prove you that she isn't. How about it?"

 

0