Book 1: Act II Acene 10 Suspicion
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 10

 

Suspicion

 

Night had finally fallen. The red moon went down as the sky started to clear up with white humid cloud. It wasn't that late to see the sun rise though. While there were fresh air in the sky for a change to make an excellent weather that day, Shikihime was kidnapped by the blonde Mage. She was completely knocked out meaning she was unconscious twice within a day and a half. She was carried by him over his shoulder. One Mage wasn't introduced in the last scene was walking along with him trying to get out of the forest.

 

They were so fixated on kidnapping, they completely forgot about the beast hunting quest. After one or two hours of walking trying to get out of the forest, they finally reached the destination where they could see small village. When the trees with emerald green leaves and grasses were out of the sight, they both let out a long sigh breathing the smell of torn out village. The village seemed like old as though it had been existed over 10 years. The tenth scene takes place inthe small village and cover little event happened in here.

 

In the view, many Mages could be seen in the sight strolling around. Some were buying stuffs in the merchandise stands, some were just making conversations with each other. Even though smell of the village was awful, Mages in the village didn't seem like they care. They were laughing and having fun. As two Mages tried to fit in the village, They couldn't just carry unconscious girl in the public. So the blonde Mage decided to lit up fire on the tip of his finger and grazed her arms and legs so it looked like she was badly hurt by an accident. As he piggybacked her, he turned his face to another Mage and said.

 

"Ah, this fragile girl, who knew she could dodge my attack quite a few times, I was rather surprised. Right, Julin?"

 

"Yeah, Dulieh, she was something else, she didn't even use her magic. She couldn't be able to attack you, but, still."

 

Late introduction, but one in the blonde was named Dulieh, he was fire attribute user. In the hierarchy of rank system, he was in B rank Mage. He was quite well used to his own capability and power. Another was named Julin, she was five feet four. She had silky hair dyed in violet that went down to her shoulders. She had matching purple eyes and wore black overall dress. Opposite to Dulieh, she was water attribute user, who was a little higher rank than him making her in the A rank Mage.

 

They put on fake smile on their faces and started passing by the street in the village trying to avoid eye contact as possible. Duliah pretended to make conversation trying to make awkwardness in the surrounding.

 

"Hey, are you okay?"

 

Then he have a long pause and made a fake conversation.

 

"Kay, if you say so. Tell me if you are uncomfortable with something."

 

He casually talked with Shikihime as he walked one third way out of the small smelly village. So far, everything was going according to their plan. everyone wasn't paying an attention or rather they were so busy, they didn't bother to care. That was until their friend showed up. Out of the crowd, man with long black hair wearing blue overall armor with chains surrounding it. on his back, there was long spear that had metal cross attached on the end. The man's name was Kale Luzeon, he had an innocent look on his face as he approached two Mages. His voice was welcoming and joyful as though they hadn't met for quite for a while..

 

"Hey, Duliah, Julin! Long time no see, Still looking for a mission that gives you good money?"

 

At first, they didn't know what to say. Two faced each other thinking what they should do. They replied trying to improvise things quick as possible. He tried not to exaggerate.

 

"Umm, umm, we were hunting in the forest to take down beasts for our quest, but found this girl in the forest injured so we thought of taking her to near by medical center."

 

It sounded very convincing. Except, they weren't expecting more words from him because next thing he said put them into dilemma.

 

"I know good place in here or nearby, who takes injured Mages. And I think this girl is lucky, she doesn't seem to be that damaged. Since you got interrupted while you guys were hunting so why don't you hand her to me and you guys continue what you did before?"

 

Duliah and Julin were trying to find right words to explain and this time Julin had an idea. Before Kale gad suspicion, she filled in to get rid of the confusion.

 

"No, one of our members in our guild will be interesting to see her. I mean is that we have a member who expertise in medicine. We have two or three that would love to see this girl."

 

This lie was hard to swallow because well, her start to end were total nonsense, but Kale nodded and said farewell and walked away. In a hurry Dulieh and Julin dashed toward out of the village. However, Kale stopped when he noticed something was wrong when they started running.

 

"Running? Why do they run when she isn't that hurt? Is she that important to them? I mean I understand that some does when they are overprotective, but they had casual conversion with me just a while ago, so why are they in hurry now? If they were in hurry, they would have gone out of the village ending my conversation with just by greeting."

 

Something was fishy for him for sure. So he decided to secretly follow them to find out what really was going on. But one thing he knew was that everything connected with Shikihime who was piggybacked by Dulieh.

 

Dulieh looked at Julin with frustration wondering if her fake words bought him or not, but she did not face him back because she, herself thought it sounded nonsense. So for good long one hour, there was no words, just a sounds of heavy steps.

0