Book 1: Act II Scene 13 Arrival
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 13

 

Arrival

 

The moon was down and sun went mid way to tell it was going to be morning soon. emerald ray of light brightened the environment around once again. morning breeze swept the dusts on the ground and passed through the dark alley blowing away some sort of flags on the way to entrance of small This shop seemed odd unlike most of the shop. There were wanted posters and menus on what they sold in the shop on the board, but that wasn't all. There were lists of names and price next to them. Some were written in blue, some were written in black, and some were written in pink. The shop had no roof, it only had door in the middle of the black brick wall. The door was not just one, but almost dozen doors were attached to the walls with same papers and the board.

 

In one of these many doors, Two Mages and Shikihime were seen in the furthest door out of dozen. Of course, Shikihime was still unconscious. Julin was still piggybacked her. He and his tag along friend, Duliah were reading one of the post in the board. There was 'SELL' on the post. Then they went inside the shop. Behind the door, it looked nothing like any other shop, there was only a bar and few tables with four chairs each. There was a counter along with big brown shelf full of varieties of wines and beers along with glasses. And finally, there was one bartender in the counter holding a red wine. The thirteenth scene will cover the kidnapping situation.

 

The bartender had short red hair, but had rather long hair long enough to cover one of his eyes. He wore black vest outside the typical white long sleeved shirt and black pants. His eye was covered with eye patch. Eye patch was dyed with ink black and it wrapped over his head too. The name of this bartender was Jest. He grabbed one of the glasses behind him and popped the cap. Then he poured the red wine eloquently in the glass. He drank a sip of the red wine. He slightly glanced at the guests who came inside of his shop. When he glanced his blood red eye lit up.

 

"What business do you have in here, gentleman and ladies?"

 

Then he saw one girl who was being piggybacked. He right away knew she was different than them. He saw the calm aura and gentle atmosphere around her. He sipped once more as he snapped his finger. When he did, long fire came out of his finger tip. Soon the fire shaped a form of multiple birds. Fire birds flew by Julin and Duliah. They sat on their shoulders as though they are welcoming them.

 

"So who is that girl? It doesn't look like she is in your guild and strangely she is hurt, So rather who, what are you going to do with that girl? Also coincidentally bringing her into here"

 

When he got suspicious, Julin and Duliah took few steps back.

 

"Hmm, some says moment of silence can indicate sins, you know."

 

Julin knew what was coming next, so he changed the subject right away. His voice was trembling.

 

"Ye, you have any wine, me and my friend can have? We haven't drunk anything for two days."

 

On the other hand, Jest knew what they were up to. He didn't get away with it. He snapped his finger again to make good portion of fire. And in that fire, arms coated with flame came out. They grabbed two of the glasses and one bottle of wine. One of the arm poured purples color wine to fill the glasses half empty. Then the arms reached toward Julin and Duliah as he asked the question as he took a sip of his wine from his own glass.

 

"You are not getting off that easy, both of you. Stop dodging the question and tell me what you are up to."

 

This time another fire coated arm came out of the flame and grabbed shikihime and brought her to Jest's side. Surprisingly, fire did not burn any of her clothing. Fire seemed to be visible, but it only functioned as just a decoration and looks. However, Duliah's hand caught on fire when she tried to grab her when she saw him taking her away from them. Julin raised his voice as he saw their bait getting further away to the other side.

 

"Hey! What gives? Why are you taking away our merchan..."

 

Right before he could finish the sentence, he stopped because he knew he slipped his words out of his mouth. Jest took s quick glance at them and let out a sigh. This time he said putting his glass down the counter. His eyes lit up with red light and rubbed his chin to make a statement.

 

"Merchandise, eh? So you two don't see her as a living thing, but a n object, a thing, merchandise. Despite the fact that time passed and living in the Second era, you treat living thing as if they are slaves. How pathetic."

 

"Oye, oye, oye, are you for real? we are not like that. we just kidnapped her because we needed money. Someone will be finding us soon to get her back, that's it! So give her back. And what gives? I thought this was black market where all illegals things live? Why are you acting like you never deal dangerous things? You even have Wanted posters and lists of wanting servants."

 

Jest drank final sip to empty the glass and cleared his throat getting warm up to reply back.

 

"Sorry to tell you this, but that's just posters handed out everyday pinned to the board, Every day I take them out, but they are up even though I told them not to put it on. Anyways, I don't do that stuff anymore, I am just a bartender who got nothing to with weird business here. However, since my hands are already covered with sins, I am just waiting someone to end this madness."

 

Right when they were about to leave with nothing in their hands, Strong male voice came behind them.

 

"I knew you guys were up to no good. I can't believe you guys were someone who would do these kind of things. How much did you change in all these years?"

 

It was Kale. He took his lance out which was placed on his back. He swung his lance making a whirl several times as if he were performing and pointed a sharp edge at the end of the lance at them getting ready to fight. This, however was stopped by tall man. He put his katana back of his head and slightly touched Kale's shoulder.

 

"Excuse me, kind sir, I know how you feel, but it is kind of my responsibility to take care of her."

 

The moment tip of his finger touched, Kale felt the uneasiness around him as though strong pressing him down. The he felt the aura of a Swordsman. However, he did not know who it was. He wanted to know who it was so he tried to turn his head around, but the strong pressure didn't allow him to move an inch.

 

He couldn't look at the person behind, but Julin and Duliah sure did and they look terrified. It was no other than Mixias himself and he looked rather pissed. He pushed Kale aside gently and raised his voice.

 

So, I heard my disciple was kidnapped, which one of you guys hurt her?"

 

Maxias pointed his katana making his battle stance as he waited for them to answer.

0