Book 1: Act II Scene 23 Back to training
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 23

 

Back to training

 

Long ahead, there lied abundant emerald grasses surrounding the path way. Thick and healthy roots sprouted under the ground covered in dirt to form crooked and uneven patterns of main body of threes. Hundreds of branches stretched in variety of manner to show each trees are different in unique ways. Azure sun kissed the leaves that were attached to branches glowed in certain way so it could brighten up the color of the leaves hanging by the branches. Near the blue sun, white clouds gradually moved in every single ticking second. In the background, there were sounds of bird chirping, windmill spinning grazing the wind, and sound of pure nature. In the pathway there were two life forces walking. They were Maxias and Shikihime. Maxia was doing fine walking normally. On the other hand, Shikihime wasn't doing so good. She was sweating and exhausted from walking. She shook her water bottle to get every single drop out of the bottle. By letting her tongue out, she was waiting for a single drop to fall down, but there was none,. She put her hand on her head blocking the heat, she looked far ahead with half closed eyes due to the sun shining down upon her. There was no sign of destination of any villages nor town where she could get some rest. She stared up as she walked along to the path where that had no hope for her. Twenty third scene will cover the proper training for Shikihime.

 

Shikihime passed by Maxias when she was staring at him thoughtlessly. Maxias suddenly stopped and decided to speak after long hour of just constantly walking.

 

"Hmm, our destination is near. Finally, we can get some work done."

 

To Shikihime, all she heard was destination because people see what they wanted to hear after all.

 

"What destination, where, where, do they have something to eat and place to rest?"

 

"Umm, yeah, you could say that."

 

Without a breath to waste, she ran forward to wherever the place was. Or so she thought, she did not know where this place was. With a slight of disbelief in her eyes, she looked back at Maxias and asked.

 

"Do, don't, I mean, you don't mean somewhere along the place between those trees from far away, right?"

 

"Ah, how did you know? somewhere along that place has nice place to rest and eat. Fruits that grow in the trees are very delicious and you can drink water from the river as well, they are very fresh!"

 

She face palm with full of disappointment, although she kind of saw it coming. She stopped walking and started making tantrum. She moved her arms arbitrary and jumped around

 

"Whoa, whoa, stop being a baby and let's go, you want to rest, right? You want to eat, right? You want to drink, right?"

 

All these words were very convincing, but she didn't give up that easily. When her action had gone far enough, Maxias just grabbed her and put on his shoulder and just walked to the destination.

 

Soon as she knew it, they reached place between many trees where there was small lake and trees filled with colorless fruits she had never seen. Calm sound of the wind, water streaming in the lake welcomed her with comfortness. While she went close to lake to how fresh the water was, Maxias picked up colorless fruit from one of the trees and took a bite from it.

 

"Ha, delicious, it's been a while since I ate one of these."

 

He picked up more so he could share them with Shikihime. water, trees, and grasses that were surrounding them, it felt kind of de ja vu to her. She scratched her ink black hair trying to find the missing puzzle. For a while, she was locked in a thouight. This went quite a while, but eventually she realized the environment she was in had exactly the same sd before when she was training yesterday. There was doubtfulness in her eyes, but with glimpse of hope, she turned around to ask. She trembled a bit.

 

"Do, don't, we didn't come here to train, right?"

 

"Umm, yeah, we have to finish what we have started.. Looking at your stamina, one thing for sure you are not a Swordsman and no mana flowing in your body so you are not a Mage either. With that said, it won't be that hard to figure out who you are."

 

When Maxias said it so simple with no hesitation through his words, Shikihime lost it. She pointed her finger at him and shouted with such disgusted face.

 

"You, are you that desperate to know what my identity is?! Gee, you are not my brother, just send me to my world."

 

"Hmm, I understand your feeling, but I am afraid I cannot do that. One who can open the portal between Human World and Mage World are Mages and Mages only. Meaning if we were to go back to our guild, it will at least take two days for us to arrive in our guild."

 

Shikihime gathered her hands to collect water and took a sip from the lake crouching down to calm down as Maxias continued on talking.

 

"I mean, all of your life, living in the shadow living as a human, but found out you are actually not, aren't you a little bit curious to find out who you really are?"

 

Shikihime paused to think. It didn't take her long to reply though.

 

"No, I don't want to be part of this stupid world of......"

 

Before she could finish her sentence, Maxias approached her up front to throw a punch. Without knowing anything, Shikihime was flabbergasted by his sudden action so she was about to step back, but she was too late. He was too fast so she had no choice to stand and get hit by his fist, or so she thought, his fist stopped right in front of her face ending up just punching the air.

 

For a second, Shikihime thought she was going to blow away for sure. She blinked twice or so to realize nothing had happened. Her legs was shaking after the cause making her to fall down unwillingly. She stared up with her sharp eyes wide open and yelled.

 

"What the hell! You almost got me killed! Is that how you treat every women?"

 

"Women this, women than, you sure gender treatment a lot. And, one more thing, I didn't intend to kill you, I was just merely testing you. Gotta say, your stamina, speed are above average than normal human being."

 

This was second time hearing that her body status was different than the normal people. First was from Verex and this time was from Maxias. She gradually stood up balancing with shaking legs as she raised her voice with glimpse of curiosity.

 

"Wha, what do you mean, one of your member said the same thing."

 

"Hmm, let me think, can you get your top off?"

 

Shikihime, out of self defense, covered her chest areas with both of her arms. Her face got red like an apple stepping few steps backward trying to get away. However, she asked why she had to. She had no idea why when she had right to yell at him.

 

"Wa, why?"

 

"You idiot, I don't want to see your breast either, who would want to see such small breasts? I just want to check out your physique, c'mon, you are wearing your bra right, it's not like I am going to see your bare breasts."

 

Surprisingly, she didn't say no, but Maxias heard small toned voice coming out of her filled embarrassment.

 

"I, I am not wearing bra right now."

 

"Ha, you say lady this and lady that, but you are not wearing any bra?"

 

"Hey! How does that relevant to being a lady? And, and,...."

 

He was waiting for her to finish her sentence.

 

"Twin tailed girl offered me, but the size was too small for me and red haired girl and black haired girl's size were too big so I decided to not wear it."

 

Longer the conversation went, smaller the voice was heard from her. Maxias put his palm on his face and sighed heavily. He then picked up one of the leaves from the grass. He handed the leaf to Shikihime expecting her to do something.

 

"You got two choices, either you throw that leaf on to the air and hit it twice in a row or just head to the guild."

 

Shikihime stared at leaf for a while. There was no way she could do it. It was already very hard to hit the leaf once when falling and twice sounded like impossible thing to do, but she raised the leaf to where her face was regardless planning to throw it.

0