Chapter 12 – Kaoru
1.9k 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When i was a kid, i used to play with the neighbours other kids, like a normal kid.

Anyways, i still can't forget when how i met her.

It was on one of the playground, a dark-skinned girl was crying loudly. She was surrounded by various other kids throwing sand or small rocks at her.

She was bleeding but she just cried there while the kids called her a 'freak' or 'monster'.

Why? Because she's dark-skinned.

That's right, discrimination.

You can't say it's racism cause they were just kids, even if it's the parents fault.

Anyways, i saved her. 

Mhm, i did.

Wow Rito! Did you beat up the bad guys?!

Well, not really.

It's like a dozen of kids that throws pebble so who would want to fuck with that.

I covered her and used my body as a meat shield for her.

It hurt back then, but i endured it.

I couldn't stand seeing her cry and bleeding.

A minute had passed and she still kept crying. The kids already lost interest.

My back and my other parts especially my nape was aching. I could feel an apple hit my head.

They left but she didn't cease or slow her crying.

"W-Why... Why am i weak?"

She muttered to herself. Her crying got even more harder. I comforted her.

"You are not weak at all! I say, you're strong cause you didn't pass out from that!"

I gave her a thumbs up and smiled at her.

She looked at me with a teary-expression.

To ease her pain, i tried to show her the bruises i got earlier, and started dancing.

"Look! If you can do this even if you got hit by rocks that must means you're strong right?!"

My whole body ached but i acted like a monkey, i don't know why.

"Come! Try dancing!"

She then nodded slowly before struggling to get up.

She tried to imitate but ended up being embarassingly bad.

But i acted like i tripped, and fell on my ass.

"Ouch! That hurt!"

And there,

She smiled.

She was still crying but she gently smiled.

"Oh now you're laughing because you proved i'm weak!" I said as i stuck out a tongue on her.

She laughed, but it was gentle.

"What's your name?"

"K-Kaoru..."

She shyly answered.

"Kaoru-chan! I'm Rito, call me your friend from now on! I'll protect you!"

She nodded.

We went back to my house to get her treated from her injuries.

"Onii-chan who's that?" Little Kira asked.

"Rito-kun, bringing a girl home in this age?" Kizune teasingly said.

I introduced them to Kaoru, and her situation.

Mom treated her while we talked about earlier and then another thing.

Apparently, she was considered frail but internally strong.

They were throwing rocks at her for a long time, makes me think how tough is her skin.

Ever since that day, we got bullied by the kids together, but we were still happy and played around.

But on one special morning, when we were catching crickets. I couldn't reach a bug on one of the branch.

I spoke to myself, without realizing Kaoru was just observing me all the time.

"If i could meet a tough tall girl then i'd be set on life! I'd even marry her if she likes sports too!"

Resolve filled my eyes.

I gave up on the bug and turned to look at Kaoru who had a bag filled with various kind of bugs.

"Hey! That's not fair Kaoru! How come you're good at catching bugs!"

Her eyes were staring at me intently and a shining happy expression could be seen. 

I was a kid so i ignored it.

But ever since that day, Kaoru did various things related to sports and tuning her body.

...

"Oh no."

I say as i exchange stares from the tall dark-skinned girl now known as Kaoru.

Kaoru is the current captain of the basketball club. A famous sports enthusiast throughout the district. Although she never tried all the sports, she strangely did those sports i entered during middle school before settling with basketball. 

She is my childhood friend.

Now how is that bad?!

Well, when i tried sports during middle school, she always overpowers me and then belittles me. I don't know how she changed her attitude all of a sudden but she dedicated her entire middle school year to oblitirate me in every sports i enter.

She gained alot of popularity and was even recruited by a tons of international sports team, but she refused those.

She's also famously known in the 2nd building due to how pretty she was taking the fact that she could rip you apart with her bare hands.

Her body was well toned with a clear 6-pack abs. A little muscular arms but a feminine appearance nonetheless.

I don't know why but i always tried to distance away from her due to her being physicallg abusive and she also disses me.

Whenever lunch started, she'd send me a text message saying to come on the rooftop of the 2nd building to eat lunch.

There she'd be 'wo-manhandling' me by testing out her wrestling skills, judo skills, karate skills, taekwondo, etc.

The point is, i'm a living dummy for her so called achievements. And she always wants me to praise her.

Luckily, they were forced to train intensively because of the upcoming regional tournament consisting of all the schools in the region.

'How could i forget about her?!'

She was smiling at me while sending glares.

I hid behind the fatso and dragged him to walk faster.

"Hey! Relax dude, i know you want a piece of this ass but i'll let you know you still owe me an apology because of misscocklover!"

I ignored his antics and just rushed into the room.

...

"What's the matter Captain? You're blushing really hard... Should we call off the practice right now?"

"No, i'm fine." Kaoru said as she smiled even more.

"I just saw a familiar face."

...

In one of the buildings meant for teachers, in the office of the principal.

A middle-aged man was sitting on the desk of the principal.

He currently held papers reading them seriously before putting them down and facing a girl, specifically, a blond girl.

He inhaled deeply before standing up and bowing towards the girl.

"Our school welcomes you, Miss Shika. Thank you for patronizing and choosing our academy. We humbly approve of your transfer."

The blond girl sitting suddenly clapped and a happy expression formed in her face.

The various men in black behind her suddenly bowed to her when she stood up and then left the room.

She left the building before taking a glance at the 3rd building.

"It's going to be fun from now on, Rito."

She went inside the limousine before drifting away from the school.

39