Chapter 13 – Kaoru (2)
1.9k 4 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The P.E sat well, our class just did multiple aerobic and endurance exercises.

I feel so bad for Eito, we haven't even gotten past 10 minutes and he's already tapping out.

He's currently sitting on the side secretly playing with his phone while drinking soda.  I shake my head as i argue whether if he intentionally tapped out to just relax the whole period or is he seriously tired.

Time passed and the last segment arrived.

The fun part of P.E. Students can arrange matches from other students against their preferred sports privately or publicly. Either way, you'll be managed by one teacher.

Technicaly speaking, fight club.

Currently, a crowd was formed. Cheering occasionally can be heard.

The reason why it's fun because students can secretly bet and win money. It's like old times sake. 

The match works like these:

Space and equipment is prepared if the two students agree to a match. One can challenge another only if they talked about it on a teacher beforehand so you can't really force a match. The students can choose a sport of their own choice and how much can participate.

There is also a set time limit.

If you win, you gain fame within the school, if you lose, well, you lose.

Personally, i find it quite funny when these apeshits show their dominant gorilla side. And it's also unique cause people would usually ask for boxing or taekwondo.

Apparently, the student council approved of this but didn't let the faculty know.

I went to a nearby crowd and saw a really amusing scene.

A guy was constantly asking this one girl to have a match with wrestling.

He was getting beat up by the girl and the crowd just burst into cheers.

In another group of people, a one-on-one match with kendo.

And so on and so forth.

I was about to bet on a certain match when a teacher suddenly approached me.

"Are you Tanakashi Rito?"

A middle-aged teacher asked me.

"Yes, Tanakashi Rito of Class 3-C." I answered politely.

"Is something the matter?"

"You've been challenged by Izawa Kaoru of the 2nd year."

When the teacher said this, the surrounding students suddenly heard it.

"What? That poor guy is getting challenged by Kaoru-sama?"

"I know him! He's the weirdo at class 3-C! Kaoru is probably gonna beat his ass today."

"Kaoru sent a challenge invitation to weed-kun?"

I immediately broke into cold sweat.

Shit.

What is she playing?!

"I reject! I reject!"

I immediately bowed to the teacher.

I definitely don't want to be humiliated today.

What i didn't know is that the word of me getting challenged by the school star spread throughout the various class inside the gym.

There was one, however, that got genuinely worried.

"You misunderstand me, our school ace wants to practice for a bit for the upcoming tournament. It's just that... you're quite sturdy. So she sent me to personally invite you to a match with Kaoru."

I got shocked and i lost my will.

I could feel my spirit being dragged back to hell. My face hollow.

"She's waiting, you don't wanna let your school down right?"

I have no escape.

In one of the rooms, two girls could be seen talking to each other.

"Captain, are you sure fighting someone in taekwondo would help you in the regionals?" One of the girls asked the other party who is currently wearing a white robe for martial arts matches.

"...I-I need... to tone my body a bit. And besides, it's just a friendly match." This was Kaoru, preparing for the so called match with Rito.

Then suddenly, she wore a black long cloth and tied it like a belt in her waist.

A nidan master of karate.

The wooden door shifted open, and a grim-faced Rito entered, followed by the middle-aged teacher and followed by an endless stream of students wanting to watch the match.

"I brought him, don't let your school down, Kaoru."

Kaoru then bowed to the teacher before turning to look at Rito who is currently wearing a dejected expression.

If one could hear his thoughts it woukd be,

'Where's the equality when you need it... I can't believe people would want to watch king kong massacre a poor cute eagle like me. And they were even betting on how long i can last. God, have you forsaken me because i touched my sister? It was rape goddamit! She raped me so why curse me instead!!'

The girl next to Kaoru noticed this and whispered to Kaoru,

"Don't go too hard at the poor guy, he looks tough but i know he's weak."

Kaoru nodded while giving a mischievous smile.

'Just a couple of broken fingers to make him realize i've grown tough.' She thought.

Suddenly, Rito cupped his hands and smiled before saying,

"Fellow Junior! My name is Rito, i woul—" Rito pretended to not know her before he was interrupted by a,

"Get on the ring." Kaoru coldly said.

"...As i said, i'm a no-violence enthusiast, i'm a believer of peace! I'm sure we can work on th—" Rito continued on smiling before the teacher said.

"You've got 15 minutes, as we agreed, any fatal injuries or moves are disallowed, you can only lose when you tap out. Any form of martial arts or stance is allowed. Start whenever you're ready."

"You heard him, get on the ring!" Kaoru mockingly spoke to me.

This bitch!

"Yeah! Get on the ring sucker!"

"Come on hurry up and just get knocked out."

The onlookers cheered.

I know you guys like money but what about me as a human being?! Surely you care for me even just a bit right?!

I cried inwardly.

But Rito doesn't know one of the spectators was a girl wearing glasses staring at Rito with a worried expression praying for him silently under her breath.

I hesitantly climbed on the ring.

'Start!'

Kaoru immediately dashed towards me giving me no time to think.

Her footsteps were unbelivably smooth and quick.

I sense a feeling of danger as i instinctively move towards the side, barely avoiding an invisible kick aimed at my head.

Taekwondo?!

I thought she liked Kara—

I felt the tingling of both my balls and skin as i once again dodge a low sweep of her feet.

Seriously?!

The girl who was with Kaoru earlier constricted her eyes.

'She's going all out?! This is dangerous... She never does this... Who is this guy?'

While Rito was continously running from side to side, Kaoru immediately changer her footstep to a lighter mini-jump stance.

When Rito noticed this, he immediately became serious. 

On one of the crowds of students, a girl with a long dark hair holding what seems to be a sword was closing her eyes, seemingly disinterested, but when she sensed the change in the air, she immediately opened her eyes, revealing her red pupils before closing it again.

On another spot, is a blond boy who is sitting, holding two girls by both of their waist noticed the footwork and immediately stood up before shaking with fear.

On Rito's side, a tall muscular man with a small cyan-haired girl latching onto his back suddenly laughed.

All of them thought of one thing.

'She's serious.'

When Kaoru did the footwork, her body went lighter and moved like a liquid.

She immediately dashed towards Rito before giving a kick.

'She's fast!' Rito thought of no way to avoid the kick and immediately put up a guard by raising both of his arms to block the kick when suddenly, the kick that was about to hit the elbow suddenly redirected it's track and immediately hit the back of Rito's head.

"Urgh!"

'She even knows brazillian kick?!'

Rito dropped to the floor and kneeled down on one knee.

'That was really heavy and dangerous! She's... She's trying to kill me?!'

Rito's eyes widened when he felt the realization of how grave the danger was.

If it were an ordinary guy, he might've died. Fortunately, Rito was somewhat above ordinary in physiques.

I glared at her as i ignored the cheering of the crowd.

Even if it was loud, i could hear her speak.

"How was that, did that hurt you so bad?"

I felt my heart beat.

"You're weak, and i'm tough now. Do you now realize it?"

It's true.

She gave a cold harrumph before she formed a stance in which she is about to drop a kick on my face again.

...

I am tired of being called weak.

What was the point of building my character.

What was the point of being righteous.

What was the point of doing what you want.

When you don't have the power to make it happen.

I am so tired of being called weak.

...

Rito was currently kneeling on the ring.

The crowds burst into cheers and excitement as they scream:

"Finish him up!"

"Beat the weirdo-kun!"

Only two people cared for Rito, the teary glasses girl and Eito. 

On the student council auditorium room, a girl could be seen biting her nails intensely. She kept on flinching as she looks at the camera pointing to the match of Rito and Kaoru.

"This bitch... how dare she..."

Meanwhile,

Kaoru finally sent the finishing move. A direct kick at the kneeling Rito's face.

When suddenly, a hand grabbed the incoming feet from colliding into Rito's face.

"...I'm tired of all of it."

40