Chapter 14 – Kaoru (3)
1.8k 17 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rito grabbed the incoming kick.

'God, my head hurts.'

The crowd went silent. Even Kaoru herself went dumbfounded.

Kaoru tried to struggle only to realize her leg wouldn't even budge!

Rito's grip was unusually strong.

He waved it away, causing Kaoru to become a bit off-balanced.

He stood up then rubbed the back of his head. He put up a confused expression. He deeply sighed.

"That was good kick, i haven't got a good painful beating."

Kaoru stared in shock.

Suddenly, Rito raised his arms to form a offensive-defensive stance and started to imitate the footwork Kaoru used earlier.

"Come, let's play."

Kaoru snapped out of astonishment before giving a cold snort then rushed to Rito.

In a short span of time, she already closed the distance between her and Rito.

She was even more surprised to see Rito just standing there, not doing anything except raise his guard.

Suddenly, her legs disappeared, only to appear in mid-air, targeting Rito's face.

Rito slowly moved his arm to seemingly block it but then Kaoru once again used the 'brazillian kick' changing it's trajectory to his temple.

When all of a sudden, her feet didn't reach Rito's head but was blocked by Rito's wrist.

Her eyes widened.

"This again? Cute."

She gaped in astonishment.

The same with the surrounding onlookers.

Even more surprised is the muscular man with the little girl behind his back.

"...I didn't realize it, but he's also a fighter... An amazing one on top of that!" The muscular man praised Rito.

"No, that's not a style. It's a combination." The little girl suddenly spoke.

The muscular went silent.

"How do you know? He's clearly doing boxing!"

"He only used a little bit of boxing, and that footwork is just a fake, meant to piss his opponent."

The muscular man went shocked.

Rito was like an impetrenable fortress, a sturdy wall.

And his little footwork made Kaoru even more agitated.

She once again rushed, but moved in a bending way.

Kaoru then loudly stomped on the floor and sent a straight jab directed at Rito's stomach.

Rito responded with a small movement of his wrist, blocking the oncoming fist.

Suddenly, the fist stopped midway, and another fist appeared already on it's way to Rito's head in an astonishing speed.

Rito then ducked and took a step forward which made Kaoru amazed. He then bent his body sideways before a hook could be seen on it's way to Kaoru's stomach.

Kaoru tried to avoid but didn't had any time as her fist hit the air and wasn't able to retract it in time to dodge.

"Uwahh!"

Rito's fist then connected to her stomach and immediately felt the heavy power of Rito's force.

Kaoru then staggered backward before she let out a mouthful of liquid.

The room went even more quiet. 

"How was it, definitely not a weak punch right there."

Kaoru even more widened her eyes.

The same could not be seen on the spectators.

The glasses girl couldn't help but smile widely.

Eito inwardly cheered.

The girl at the auditurium room suddenly squealed in excitement.

The crowd broke into "Eh?!" before going back into cheering.

The cyan-haired little girl spoke softly to the muscular man,

"The stance earlier is a combination of a technique used in american football and the basic defense form of boxing, making a strong defense that could not be shaken at any time..."

She continued and sighed.

"...and that punch was just a regular punch, but it had a momentum when he buried his feet on the ground and then twisted his body, borrowing force from the air. This is a common move used in flying frisbees, a sport in famous throughout the world. In other words, it was a cluster of messy combination between basic knowledge and quick-thinking. And that is why, Kaoru is going to lose."

When the muscular man heard this, his pupil constricted.

"...That is not enough to defeat her, if what you said is true, then Kaoru got defeated with various cheap tricks and blind luck? That's a slap to my face."

"I know, but she's truly not fighting with her all right now. She's... full of emotions, like she's trying hard to convey a message. Although i don't know what it is, it has something to do with that guy..."

With that, they returned to watch the match.

Kaoru currently was wobbly and unable to properly stand.

"...Shit, don't get cocky you fucking pathetic Rito!"

"Come, come, try to 'defeat' me. Try to prove you're even more 'tougher' than me."

Rito mockingly moved his hand in an invitation manner.

The sword-girl who was currently motionless opened her eyes for a bit then stared at Rito, before leaking a small laugh. She then closed her eyes again, losing interest.

The blond boy gritted his teeth as he glared at Rito on the ring.

Kaoru rushed once again, irritated.

She swung her fist and legs wildly, seemingly blind with rage which Rito dodge with ease.

This was his favorite move, intimidate.

Works all the time.

Rito drove a punch in her stomach again, making Kaoru stumble backward.

The crowd was going crazy at this point. 

The teacher casually looks at the match then his watch.

Kaoru's friend worriedly stared at her friend's current condition.

Kaoru kept going up, but Rito would always manage to knock her down, with low kicks or a simple punch.

It kept on going to the point where Kaoru started showing signs of slowing down.

Rito noticed that and then took advantage by now dashing to Kaoru. Kaoru responded with a guard in which Rito immediately started pummeling her with heavy punches.

Pressuring your opponent is always the key to get a vantage situation.

This was the leverage Rito needed.

Kaoru was forced into a corner while receiving Rito's nonstop blows to her guard.

Everytime she fails to keep up her defense, a fist slips in and drives into her stomach.

Why is this girl so tough?! It's almost been a minute since i started pummeling her. And more importantly, why is she enduring it?!

When i almost ran out of breath, i went and used all my strength to break her guard one more time.

I took a step backward and then twisted my body sideways before sending an uppercut to her defense.

But then, someone suddenly grabbed my arm.

I halted my movement as i turned to look behind me.

"15 minutes is up, you already win."

The teacher was the one who grabbed my arm. He held a firm grip, keeping me in place.

Fuck, i wanted to knock her out.

I turned to look at Kaoru who still held her guard up, but she was now trembling.

I didn't knew what kind of expression she currently have but i get the feeling that i may have broken her confidence.

Ahhh, this is so satisfying~

"Match is over, you kids go back to your classrooms now!"

The teacher shouted at the silent spectators. They broke into murmurs as they prepare to walk outside.

One of the onlookers, the glasses girl, happily stared at Rito then to Kaoru then back to Rito before blushing and starting to walk alongside her classmates.

Eito left, before giving a silent thumbs up that spelt 'good asskicking right there!'.

The muscular man sighed, before turning to leave.

The sword-girl also left.

The blond boy stood up but took a long look at Rito's face, huge bulge of veins is shown in his forehead, before turning around and also leaving.

The only people remaining in the room was the teacher, Rito, Kaoru and Kaoru's friend/classmate.

"I think it's best for you if you also leave." The teacher said to me.

He's right, i just shattered her ego. Not right for me to mock her any longer.

With that, i took a quick glance at the Kaoru who still hid her face inside her guard trembling intensely before heading outside.

The teacher followed me.

...

Kaoru's friend rushed to Kaoru.

"Captain! A-Are you okay?!" 

Kaoru was crying.

She let her arms down, revealing her beautiful teary-face. Her eyes were red and a stream of water rushed down.

She fell onto her friend's embrace.

"C-Captain?!"

She burst into tears as she sobs even more.

"Uwahhh!!"

Her face unsightly as she let all her emotions out.

After a minute of crying passed, she suddenly spoke.

"I-I only (sob) w-wanted to let (sob) h-him notice how much i've grown..."

Her friend didn't completely understood this but replied,

"Maybe you aren't trying enough or you were doing it wrong..." She felt compelled to comfort her bestfriend and captain.

Kaoru raised her head and revealed an amazed childish look.

Her crying ceased and if one could visually see it, it would be childishly cute and demeaning.

Ever since on that day, Kaoru would change.

42