Chapter 19
1.5k 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I add some 'weird' Chaos interventions/events (Got some ideas, but open to suggestions)
  • Yes, Slaanesh could f.e. turn female Beastmen into JP-style Cow-girls Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Yes, Slaanesh could suddenly turn beasts into people and vice versa Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Yes, Khorne could suddenly demand a 'Great Sacrifice' Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Yes, Tzeentch could demand Erik starts to earn his Favour for once Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Yes, Nurgle could mess with the Regeneration or something or make Erik contagious w/ something nasty Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No, keep it simpler. Fight & kill what needs fighting & killing, love what can naturally be loved Votes: 11 29.7%
Total voters: 37 · This poll was closed on Apr 9, 2021 12:18 PM.

The rest of that day went by smoothly. Erik stayed in the Great Hall doing light experiments and casually chatting with Sigrun and Sven.

He took a sharp knife and lightly cut his arm and then curiously watched as the regeneration kicked in a moment later. He gradually made bigger cuts and quickly noticed that the larger or more serious a wound was, the slower the regeneration kicked in. Or did it kick in just as fast but was the speed simply less noticeable?

Erik contemplated showing them his morphs, but decided against it. Plenty of time to show them later and he didn’t want to freak them out so soon after his rampage.

During this lazy afternoon Erik also asked some questions regarding his spoils from Yrret and the wergild, most importantly about how much he was expected to gift to the sons. And he also wanted to ask Sigrun’s opinion on the widow’s matter, but all she had to say about it was that Erik had won her, so it was up to Yrret’s widow what she wanted to do.

As for the two thrall’s that had survived Erik’s rampage, one of them seemed to have gone crazy and was swiftly dealt with on the spot, just adding another body to the pile. As for the remaining thrall, she seemed to be fine, having only received a couple bruises.

From what she said, Erik started by killing the men and elderly in the cabin. Then the first three bedwarmers had been broken one by one but when he was dealing with her, the last one that just went crazy had tried to run away and drew Erik’s attention away from her. She had curled up under a blanket a passed out, thus evading the worst of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After everyone returned to their quarters for the night, Erik was given a guest room to stay in. He was of course joined by his last remaining thrall, who he spent part of the evening pampering and consoling. Erik didn’t hold any deep affection for her, but it was true that he had hurt her and he still adhered enough to the ethics from his past life that he tried to help her forget.

In the end he did sleep with her again, but gently and lovingly as if she was very dear to him. In the end, she must still have received quite the mental shock as she seemed to tightly cling to the handsome, strong and kind Erik. Combined with the pheromones he now exuded, amplified from the passion, the thrall Erik still hadn’t even learned the name of quickly seemed to create a deep affection and dependence on him.

Even after the lengthy and elaborate lovemaking session, she clung tightly to his arm and even started purring.

‘Did her mental age regress from the pressure? What’s going on? Suspension bridge effect? Stockholm syndrome?’ – Erik was quite bewildered by the development, but he didn’t really mind either. It actually felt quite nice to be depended on like this for a change. He still absolutely loved Sigrun’s independence and strength, but all men had a desire to protect something too, right?

So at least for the time being Erik decided to indulge her a little as he hugged her to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the same time, in another part of the Hall, the Helles & Sigrun mother-daughter pair sat opposite one another.

Sigrun felt like she sat on pins and needles and refused to look her mother in the eye. She had some idea as to what they would talk about and why, but she also felt like a child caught stealing sweets.

Carefully looking at her fidgeting daughter, Helles simply sighed.

“Hah, really. Why didn’t I see this coming from the start? We carefully and repeatedly explained to both you and Erik that you couldn’t be together yet and look what happened!

I don’t know when you guys started doing it, but to even do so out in the open like in that hallway earlier… where did I go wrong in raising you? And what’s that foolish look on your face for?”

After listening to her mother’s reprimands, Sigrun first felt embarrassed from the thought of having been seen being intimate with Erik by her mother, but that quickly turned into surprise and incredulity.

“Wh- what do you mean ‘doing it’? Eh, huh… what?”

“Oh come now don’t act this way. You’re an adult and a woman now, so don’t act like this!” – A hint of anger slipped in Helles’s voice.

“B- but all we did was kiss! We’ve never had sex yet! He didn’t even get into my clothes today before- no! Hey! All we did was kiss!” –Sigrun slightly panicked as she tried to correct her mother.

Narrowing her eyes, Helles accurately picked apart her good daughter’s words.

“So he DID get into your clothes before, hmm? So you’ve obtained quite some experience kissing already, hmmm?! And what was that in the middle? ‘Not yet, hmmmmmm?!”

Exasperated, Helles leaned back in her seat before continuing in a calmer tone of voice, one hand clutching her forehead.

“Okay, okay. Fine. What else could we expect anyway? I guess we ought to be happy you didn’t sleep together yet, Erik didn’t die yesterday and you didn’t end up with a fatherless child.

Phew, that’s the worst case scenario averted.”

Sigrun just silently listened to her mother’s words, feeling relieved she didn’t seem to be in trouble?

And upon seeing Sigrun’s relieved expression, Helles let out another heavy sigh before loudly cursing.

“Fuu-haah. Well, shit. Shit, shit, triple shit fuck dammit and curse it all.”

Until now Sigrun had rarely ever heard her mother curse and especially not in such rapid succession.

“Fucking dammit. The Winter Hunt! Please promise me not to share his bed until after he comes back from the Winter Hunt?

Oh who am I kidding, judging from the state you were in when you ran like rabbits earlier today, if given just 1 opportunity you’ll both be rolling around together.

What to do, what to do? Keep you inside the Hall and at my side at all times until they leave? Won’t work, you’ll just sneak out at night when you think you can’t bear it anymore. Or worse, he’ll sneak into your chambers, get caught and cause a ruckus.”

As she spoke, Helles had stood up and started pacing around before sitting back down, this time with a look of defeat on her face.

“Fine then. Better to supervise than to let mishaps occur. I’ll turn a blind eye to your matters from now on IF you agree to my conditions.” – This was probably Helles goal in the first place, considering she had conditions prepared.

Nodding, Sigrun gave her consent while not quite comprehending her mother’s behaviour. She hadn’t even fully registered what Helles just said before agreeing and only when the conditions were being laid out did she turn incredibly red in the face as she listened to her mother’s words.

“One, try to prevent any accidents from showing before he comes back from the Winter Hunt so you can be married off respectfully and honourably.

Two, try and keep it a secret from your father or else he will lock you up and at least give Erik a beating.

Three, try not to let it impact your regular daily schedule? He still needs to develop his talents to a higher degree and if you two suddenly disappear for long hours every day, keeping it hidden will be impossible.

Four, do NOT forget yourself and act beneath your station. You are a respectable Jarl’s daughter and he ought to respect that. It’s his choice to keep bedwarmers in reserve or to take in second wives and concubines, but that does not mean you have to lower yourself to serve alongside them!

When you are together, you are to be alone. If he adds more women to his Hall and you can get along with them very well, you can change things at a later date. But at least until you are safely entrenched as his First Wife, dug deeply into his heart and preferably have a son at your side you must be alone when enjoying yourselves.

Finally, as my only daughter, I want you to be happy with your choice and for you to be really sure you want to be with him. You have the choice of whether or not to feed that man’s hunger and if he wants to make you, just run straight to me and I’ll have your father and brothers sort him out for you!”

Sigrun was first embarrassed at the candid words coming from Helles, but this quickly turned into resolution and tenderness as she heard her beloved mother’s final condition. Walking over and giving her a tight hug, she assured her mother that she would comply with these conditions.

“Yes mom, I will make sure to keep your conditions in mind. Also, yes, I’m already very sure about this. He’s unlike any other men in the tribes while also being no less than them.

His growth is incredible. His power has been proven for all to see, has a good temperament and is very kind. He is also very intelligent, unlike most other outstanding young Marauders of the tribe.

Actually, every day I grow more and more certain that he must be the most perfect male among mortal men and that if I were to let go when we are so obviously attracted to each other, I would regret it for the rest of my life.”

By then both mother and daughter had tears in their eyes as they got into an intimate hug. The mother felt a sense of loss as her darling daughter prepared to leave the safety of her nest. The daughter feeling grateful for her mother’s support and care throughout the years.

Wiping away the teardrops ready to fall from her eyes, unwilling even now to shed tears in front of her daughter, Helles addressed her daughter once more.

Sniff, huh. Okay, we’ve had our heavy, moody talk. Tonight we’ll sleep together like we used to when you were little and scared of the thunder- and hailstorms. But this time I’ll have to instruct you on another few matters you’ll inevitably need to know later on.”

Slightly embarrassed from the reminder of the past, Sigrun docilely nodded and followed her mother back into the bedroom where soon the light from the candles was blown out as they continued talking for a long time in the dark.

36