Chapter 44
1.2k 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Neither side wasted any more time. The challenge was made and accepted, their weapons sharp and ready.

Wulfrik and the Khorngor both let loose an incredible roar as they charged each other.

The Khorngor feinted by preparing to swing its gigantic axe before lunging forward, using its magnificent horns to try and impale Wulfrik.

Ready, Wulfrik took the charge head-on with his black steel shield and chopped down with his sword.

Catching on the horns adorning the Khorngor’s shoulder pauldron, the cut missed.

Rebuffed by the tough shield, the Beastman pulled back its head and swung its axe overhead.

Wulfrik once more blocked with his shield, slightly angling the surface to redirect most of the force in that brutal blow. Nonetheless, a large dent appeared on the shield’s face.

Simultaneously Wulfrik stabbed his sword at the unarmoured legs, making a deep cut through the thick patches of matted fur.

‘*Gruooooar!’

The Khorngor roared in pain as it felt the white hot sensation of steel cutting his flesh. And in its rage it swung its armoured fist at Wulfrik in an attempt to rip his face off with the sharp metal gauntlet.

Ducking, Wulfrik twisted his blade free from the wound and rolled away from his opponent.

He then put his shield back up and took a stance for counter-attacking.

The Khorngor was now thoroughly enraged and showed signs of going fully berserk. Nostrils flaring, the thick metal ring piercing its nose flying up and down with each breath, a fiery light began to flicker in its horizontally slit eyes.

Khornite instincts overtook its bestial instincts as it gripped the axe halfway up the hilt, allowing it strike with both the axe-head and the lower part of the handle in rapid succession.

Pawing at the forest floor and shaking its head wildly from side to side, the Khorngor prepared for its second charge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the mere seconds of Wulfrik’s first exchange with the Khorngor, Erik instead warily approached the Slaangor.

Meeting brute force with equivalent force worked against the Khorngor, but a Slaangor excels in speed.

The Khorngor was a brutal mass of muscle, steel and rage. Built like a truck and hitting just as hard.

The Slaangor was different. It looked… hideous in Erik’s eyes.

Uneven legs, one almost a full half longer than the other, enabled strong, sudden jumps and rapid acceleration.

The sex of the Slaangor was also questionable. Its chest was shaven clean of fur and two rows of nipples ran all the down. Here and there, it even had breasts. But the distribution was so uneven that the sight was nauseating. But hanging freely behind a loose loincloth, two male genitalia were visible.

One was twisted and curled, like a pig’s or duck’s, while the other had a more human shape except for the puss dribbling sores and warts that covered it.

‘Kill the hideous thing! It is an affront to beauty and perfection!’

For once, Erik fully agreed with the voices. The thing before him was a true horror. And given that it had managed to become a Slaangor, it must be powerful too. Luckily Erik’s stats had been continuously improved during the Winter Hunt and the consequent Beastman battles, buying single points whenever he could without being overwhelmed by the instinctive urges that came with the close contact to Chaos.

Even Tzeentch Favour had been steadily trickling in as he disciplined his Marauders and executed good plans.

Prepared, Erik carefully approached the Slaangor.

Then, at the same time that Wulfrik and the Khorngor began their second bout, Erik and the Slaangor also began their fight in earnest.

It sprung forward like a tightly wound spring, clawed arm pointed forward.

Just as fast, Erik swung his blade at the chitinous limb and redirected it, leaving a deep scar on the purple claw.

With momentum propelling the Slaangor forward, it could not dodge Erik’s follow up attack. Using the solid metal pommel, Erik smashed the Beastman’s face.

Using its weird legs to disengage to the side, it howled in pain much like the Khorngor before it.

White-yellowish jelly poured down its face from where Erik had managed to smash one of its eyes into a pulp. And in true Slaaneshi fashion, its two penises stood fully erect from experiencing the incredible pain caused by the loss.

Now truly revolted with the creature, going far beyond the initial disgust, Erik unhesitatingly activated Berserker. He wanted to finish the fight as quickly as possible and burn the Slaangor with perfect, purifying flames.

~Bleep! Player ability: Berserk activated! Increasing stats proportionally to Player’s emotions.

Unlike when Berserk activated on its own during the Beastman siege, Erik maintained better control in the activated Berserk state.

He felt his senses tighten, reaction time increase and his muscles bulge with infinite power and energy as time seemed to move at 0,7 times regular speed.

Now ‘juiced up’, Erik took the initiative. Roaring at his opponent with inaudible curses, he charged at the Slaangor.

Still reeling from the loss of its eye, the Slaangor was slightly late to react. It managed to dodge the simple minded charge, but Erik still opened up a large cut on the inside of the elongated leg.

It wasn’t just the leg that Erik managed to cut, but he had also cut halfway through 1 of the most repulsive aspects of the Slaangor. And as the Beastman stopped its dodge, the rest of it ripped off and fell to the ground, spraying a combination of red, green and yellowish fluids all around.

Not prepared for this amount of pain, the Slaangor collapsed onto the ground, shivering in a disgusting mixture of pain and ecstasy only the most disgusting and depraved devotees of Slaanesh could.

Not wasting the opportunity, Erik made to finish it off with a swift strike to the head, but upon seeing the clawed arm in a perfect striking position to intercept such a move, he made a different call.

Not halting his approach, Erik heaved back the heavy Greatsword and hurled it towards the half-kneeling, half-prone Slaangor. The weapon turned tip over hilt, but whether it would strike tip first was irrelevant.

Following shortly after the blade, Erik smoothly drew his Messer. When the Slaangor, unable to see properly, reacted too quickly to the approaching mass of steel, the outcome was determined.

The Greatsword was swatted aside, leaving the Slaangor unprotected as Erik plunged his Messer deep into its chest. Instantly thrusting deep into the heart and the tip bursting from the back, the Slaangor lost its life just like that.

Deactivating Berserk, Erik left his Messer inside the dead Slaangor as he quickly retrieved his Greatsword. Pulling it out right now would take too long.

Armed once more, Erik shifted his gaze towards Wulfrik and the Khorngor. They were now on yet another engagement, both warriors bleeding profusely from various wounds across their bodies.

One of the Khorngor’s horns was broken off and many of the steel plates covering its body were dented, stripped away or deeply scratched. Wounds on the legs, arms, across the face and the stomach area had drenched the Beastman in gore as it continued to fight with its enormous axe.

Wulfrik fared no better. His shield was long lost, battered to bits and unusable. Large dents had appeared all over his sword’s edge and he bled from a stab wound in the gut and what looked like a huge bite-mark on a shoulder.

The two battered figures continued for another three bouts. The charged at each other like madmen, smashed their weapons together as they sought after any advantage and opened new wounds before disengaging and doing the same all over again.

Unsure of what to do, Erik decided to respect Wulfrik’s request prior to the duel. To not intervene until the duel was finished.

And as every warrior present, Norscan or Beastman, witnessed the clash of titans, a victor finally emerged.

The initial wound on its leg had continued to bleed profusely, slowly draining the strength of the Khorngor and weakening its stability. Now, it was clearly hampering its coordination as Wulfrik managed to score multiple hard hits in succession, further winding the Khorngor.

Finally, as the Khorngor made a last desperate charge with its horns forward, Wulfrik beautifully pirouetted to the side and cleanly decapitated the mighty Khorngor.

~Bleep! – Player Erik has earned Favour, greatly pleasing and impressing multiple Deities!

~Bleep! – Player Erik is awarded great rewards for victory in battle!

~Bleep! – Player Erik is awarded great rewards for defeating a rival Champion!
                -Obtained Favour from Khorne; Nurgle; Tzeentch for slaying a Slaaneshi Champion
                -Obtained a Small Wish from Slaanesh for slaying a strong opponent you truly reviled

~Bleep! – Player Erik has fulfilled all criteria. Unlocking Management Overview!

~Bleep! – Player Erik reached a Milestone: all stats 50!
                -Player can now exchange Favour between Deities at a 5:1 conversion rate!

~Bleep! Player Erik …

A long series of notifications rang out as Erik’s vision filled with blue pop-ups. All manner of important information was displayed. But in the current situation, Erik couldn’t afford to be distracted just yet. An appropriate time needed to be found to go over everything, which has to wait until the current Beastmen predicament was resolved.

Because, after witnessing the brutal end of their leaders and strongest warriors, the remaining Beastmen had surrendered at the command of a short Minotaur that reverently kneeled before Erik in full submission and resignation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 ~Bleep! – Player information displayed!

Player: Erik –
Affiliation: Chaos, Frost Wolf Tribe (Skaeling Confederacy)
Patron: Khorne; Slaanesh; Nurgle; Tzeentch

Title(s): Chief of the Winter Hunt (+5 CHAR); Vanquisher of Beastmen (+10 CHAR fighting/talking to Beastmen); Champion Slayer (increased Favour gain)

Player stats:
Strength (STR):                50 (+10) (+100% Berserk)
Dexterity (DEX):              50 (+7) (+10 from Contract) (Total: 60)
Constitution (CON):       50 (+15)
Wisdom (WIS):                50 (+9)
Charisma (CHAR):          31 (+9) (+100% for females) (+15 from Titles) (Total: 46)

Player Favour:
Khorne:               456 (+450)        -->
 250 (-200)
Slaanesh:            591 (+364)         -->
151 (-440)
Nurgle:                573 (+521)          -->
 173 (-400)
Tzeentch:           242 (+230)          -->
62 (-180)

 (Earn Favour by performing actions that either directly please your Patron or are in line with their commandments.)

Favour can now be exchanged for Patron Deity’s Gifts and Bonuses.

(NEW! Shop tab for Deity Gifts & Bonuses available!)

Patron Deity’s first ability unlocked:
Khorne:               Berserk (Active) Lv. 3 (+2)– Activated by spending 50 Favour or when extremely agitated. The followers of the God of Rage can perform impossible feats of strength by invoking this power.
Slaanesh:            Pheromones II (Passive) Lv. 2 – Attract members of the opposite sex. Gain better initial relation and get better prices when buying or selling items.
Nurgle:                Regeneration II (Passive) Lv. 2 – The Lord of Ruin expects unnatural perseverance of his followers and grants them the ability to do so.
Tzeentch:           Encyclopaedia (Passive) Lv. 7 (+4) – Allows the user to gather and store information. Also provides a basic understanding of new discoveries and first encounters.

(Abilities can be improved by spending Favour or with repeated use of the ability.)

Player weapon proficiencies:
Unarmed:           154
One-handed:     330 (+84)
Two-handed:     374 (+76)
Polearms:           348 (+15)
Archery:              50
Throwing:          383 (+92)
Firearms:           50

Player armour proficiencies:
Unarmoured:                   60
Medium armour:            182 (+50)
Heavy armour:                 60
Magic armour:                 (LOCKED)

Player magic proficiencies: (LOCKED)~

Player mutations:
Right arm: Chitinous Claw morph – A strong, razor sharp claw capable of rending armour.
Right arm: Tentacle morph – An extendable mass of muscle with high sensitivity and great strength.

35