Chapter 17: A mob with knowledge
2.9k 10 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17: A mob with knowledge

...

When we arrived at the place, we hid behind some bushes and started observing everything that was happening there.

Of course, this wasn't really a beautiful scene to witness, so I had to restrict Kuina from helping the villagers and revealing our location. After all, seeing this scene in real life made even my blood boil in anger.

No one likes to see children being kidnapped by some pirates while they cry in desperation... except for some people that have strange tastes...

Nami, that was now being taken away by Arlong and his comrades after seeing her ability in making maps, cried in sorrow and agony after witnessing the death of Bell-mere, and being kidnapped by the same man that killed her.

"I don't want to! Let me go!!" 

"Let go of Nami!!" Nojiko ran after them and tried to help her, just to be kicked away by the fish men.

"You said that if we paid you couldn't hurt any of them!!" Genzo, the sheriff of Cocoyashi village, stood before the pirates and protested against their actions with an enraged expression.

"I'm not hurting her... I'm just 'Borrowing' her" Arlong grinned sadistically while seeing the humans he hates so much struggle for their lives.

Genzo, unable to continue seeing such a thing happen, decided to not move from the spot to stop them from taking away Nami. However, after that, he was slashed repeatedly by one of Arlong's henchman that got angry at Genzo stubbornness.

"Sr. Gen!!!!"

Ugh... even for me this is being hard to witness, but as shadow eminence I must not move... 

"Let go of me! We need to help them!" Kuina glanced at me with a fierce expression on her face and tried to dash towards them to help, however, she was stopped by me right before she could even take a step.

"I told you not to move, even if I let you help them now, you won't be able to defeat Arlong, and even worse, you might even make him angry and might cause even more villagers to be killed apart from Bell-mere"

"Then why don't YOU help them?!"

"Because if I intervene then the future I told you might change, see that woman lying on the floor seemingly dead? That's the one I told you about..."

"She is...!"

"And even if we don't help them now, they are going to solve everything eventually anyways. Also, There's one important person in this village that needs this to happen for the future... So, don't worry"

"But that girl!"

"Don't worry, she is not going to get hurt. They are going to recruit her to join their crew... but that's beside the point of why we came here, let's go, they are finally leaving!"

After Arlong and the other fishmen finally left the place, me and Kuina left our hiding spots and approached the dead body of Bell-mere to check on her.

"W-who are... you...?" Genzo, that noticed my presence, tried his hardest to talk while trying to lift his head to look at me.

"Oops, sorry, no witnesses allowed..."

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!*

A giant shockwave expanded through the whole area and made fall Genzo unconscious to the ground.

Yes, that was Conqueror Haki, I awoke it just a few months ago when I was fighting against bandits on Shimotsuki village, and since then I haven't really used it that much since I didn't need it.

"What was that?!" Kuina looked at me with a surprised look on her face.

"Nothing, now hurry up and let's go to the ship, I need to see if I can save her" I took the body with me and carried it on my back.

"Ugh... Alright!"

°

°

°

A few minutes later...

...

Hmm... Indeed, she is dead already...

Her heart has stopped beating as it has already lost too much blood due to it being sightly wounded on the side...

"So, can you save her?" Kuina that was next to me asked while avoiding sightly the bloody sight that was the operation.

"As far as I know, there's nothing that medicine can do in this situation, after all, medicine is focused on treating problems that might affect negatively the life of someone, not bringing back someone to life... Moreover, even if I somehow managed to treat the wound on her heart, that couldn't bring her back to life, as she is already dead..."

"So, there's nothing we can do?"

"Who said that? I just said that medicine is completely useless in this situation, not that I can't do anything about it..."

Yes, as a shadow eminence, I can't just be bounded to the danger of having my heart stop beating at any moment, that's why I have investigated thousands of ways on how to survive something like this... besides, this is also one of the most important steps to learning and perfecting one of the most advanced techniques of the art of Mob-Fu...

[Ultimate form of Mob-Fu] 10 minutes of being near death: Heart break Mob.

Sid Kagenoh learned and mastered this technique by using the power of magic in the other world, stopping his own heart and using magic to continue making the blood circulate to the brain, and using it then to make the heart start beating once again.

One mistake can kill you, but it is worth it... For becoming the perfect Mob...

Sadly, I don't have magic like Sid Kagenoh, so the only way for me to replicate his technique is by using my advanced knowledge in technology and the ridiculous logic of One piece world to make the impossible possible.

This situation of making a heart beat again was pretty similar to the technique I wanted to master, so whether I failed or succeeded in this operation, it was going to be a huge step to mastering that technique. 

What will be better, The power of Magic? Or the power of technology fused with the strange logics of this world?

Today was the moment I was going to found out.

...

I mean, Franky survived while being half robot... so, how hard could this be?

...


For the power of God and Anime, let this man surpass the logic of the real world and revive a dead person!

Luckily, One piece logic isn't really that constant, so I guess I can still make this have some sense...?

Also, I changed the cover to one I made myself, and although it is not as epic as the previous one, I still like it nevertheless.

Here it is so you can check it in big.

So now you know how does the MC look like.

Though currently he is a kid, so imagine him being more childish I guess.

Anyways, that's his adult appearance I guess.

I guess.

That's all, I hope you liked the chapter, bye!

80