Chapter 19: A mob returns
2.9k 13 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19: A mob returns

...

As the great Shadow eminence's ship made his way to the ever approaching dock of Loguetown, Kuina that was standing next to me while looking attentively at the people buying and walking through the dock, turned to look at me with an expression full of curiosity.

"So that's where you live, Sid?"

"Yeah, though that may have changed a bit during the few months I was absent... Who knows, maybe they think I'm already dead..."

"Dead? Why?"

"I already told you before, the reason I traveled so much was for saving you girls from death as you might be able to help me in my mission, that's why I didn't tell anyone of my family that I was leaving..."

Well, in reality I was just planning to improve my swordsmanship by studying the movements of her father while watching him training, so saving her was just something that came to my mind at the last moment... but I don't think she needs to know that...

I might end up feeling guilty later for not saving her when I could... That could bother my heart later, and of course, the heart of a Shadow eminence must be always serene with no weights carrying it down.

"Oh..." Kuina that was next to me looked a bit sorry after hearing about my situation, but just stayed silent and continued to watch at Loguetown in the distance.

"By the way, I forgot to tell you guys about certain rules you will have to follow while living there, come on, let's reunite with Bell-mere so that both of you can listen to the rules at the same time"

"Rules?"

"Nothing too great, they are just to make sure nothing goes wrong while I can't take care of you girls because I'm busy with my family... or attending personal matters..." 

After a few weeks of traveling, Bell-mere was already almost completely recovered from the operation in her heart, and she was already able to walk freely, However, it was still better for her to stay in bed just to make sure, so although she still went out for a walk around the ship once in a while, she still stayed at bed most of the time.

...

As we finally arrived in front of the room, I called at the door to see if she was already awake.

*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

"You can enter..." A voice came from inside the room.

*Click*

"Good morning Bell-mere, did you sleep well?" Kuina greeted her with a slight smile on her face and walked right beside her while looking at her with a gentle gaze.

After I explained everything to Bell-mere and managed to convince her somehow to wait until Doflamingo becomes a shichibukai to see if what I was saying about the future was true, she and Kuina started talking a lot every day right after Kuina finished her training of the day, probably because both of them were the only women in this ship, and because both of them were saved (Kidnapped) by me. So you could say that they can be considered to be friends.

Also, I think that talking with Bell-mere turned into a way to relieve her stress after receiving my training daily, so I guess it's okay.

"As you may know we are about to reach Loguetown, so I wanted to tell you both guys about the rules that there will be while you're living there"

"Rules?" Bell-mere asked while furrowing her brows sightly.

"Yeah, and although they might not be too harsh nor too strict, they are still extremely crucial for the future of this world, understood?"

"Yeah" Bell-mere nodded while Kuina just nodded silently while looking at me with a serious gaze.

"Alright... first, you will be free to move around Loguetown as if it was your own city. No prohibited areas, no restrictions of movement, you're completely free to go to whatever place you may want to go, I won't stop you. However, if you by any chance meet me or see me on the street, do not look at me, do not approach me, and most importantly, DO NOT talk to me. If it's something important then you can just wave your hand when you're far away enough from me, at that time I will probably have already noticed your presence so I will know whenever you wave your hands"

"Why?"

"You couldn't understand..." I brushed my hair using one hand while sighing sightly in exasperation. I mean, what if one of these girls suddenly decide to talk to me while I'm playing my Mob act along with my friends?!

I could be screwed!

"Second, you will live by another name and appearance, I can change them for you and the changes don't have to be really so drastic, just enough to make sure no one recognizes you and spreads the word that you're alive..."

"How much do you have to change our appearances...?" Kuina glanced at me with a gaze full of suspicion and wariness.

Good grief, this girl truly doesn't know how to appreciate a good mob like face...

"Maybe a change on your hair or slight modifications on your facial structure, I don't know, you can tell me whenever you're satisfied with your appearances... as for your new names..."

Hmm... something creative... let me think...

"Kuina, you will be Kushina from now on, and you Bell-mere will be Bella from now on..."

Both of them looked at me with a deadpan gaze after hearing their beautiful new names, however, I just ignored them and continued explaining the next rules.

"And finally, you're not allowed to question my actions nor my motives for doing the things I do as they are completely crucial and necessary for the future of this world, Also I won't explain them to you either as they are way too complicated for the current you to understand them, understood?"

"Yeah..."

"Very well, then let's start with the preparations for your new life here then...!"

°

°

°

A few hours later...

...

Currently, I was walking through one of the many streets of the city in direction to my house.

After, changing Bell-mere and Kuina's appearances, we went to a regular house I bought sometime ago with some of my money and helped them buy everything necessary for their living there. You know, like furniture and everything like that.

I was planning to make that house a temporary base for myself until I managed to make a better one, However, I guess I could lend it to them for now...

For Kuina's appearance, or better said, for Kushina's appearance I changed her Blue hair to red hair and changed her eyes to be sightly more round than before, and although the changes weren't that big, it was enough for the people to not recognize her as Kuina.

As for Bell-mere, or Bella now, I changed her red hair to blue and made her nose a bit smaller as well as her eyes. I also wanted to change her hairstyle, but she said she liked it the way it was. So in the end I just made her ponytail a bit longer and that's it.

"Hmm... should I make myself look a bit thinner? Yeah, that way it could look a lot more believable..."

I touched my face and changed my appearance sightly to make my cheekbones more visible and made my arms to lose a bit of their regular fat. Although I didn't look like I was on the verge of death, I indeed looked a bit malnourished.

Finally, after walking for some minutes I arrived to the door of my house.

"Alright, from now on the real challenge will begin, whether I fail to recover my lost mobness or I succeed, it will all depend on my next actions..." 

*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

"Coming!" The voice of my mother came from inside, and soon her steps started approaching the door.

*Click*

"Who is... Hmm?" After she opened the door she looked for the one that called at the door, before her gaze fell on me.

"Ah... that black hair, that forever going angry expression, those lifeless redish brown eyes, that almost bored and completely devoid of any expectation towards the future gaze!... Sid, it's that you?!"

Somehow I'm not as happy as I thought I could be... Whose eyes are Lifeless and devoid of expectation towards the future?!

"Yeah mom, I came back..." I just pretended to not mind what she just said, and then ran towards her and hugged her.

"Sid!!" Mom hugged me back and soon tears started falling from her eyes while she smiled in happiness.

"Mom, what is- Sid?!" Ryan's voice came from inside the house right before he saw me and ran towards me to pull me into a hug as well and start crying rivers as well.

"Sid?!" And then dad came and pulled me into a hug as well before he started crying as well.

Soon, the whole family started crying together while they asphyxiated the poor me under their hugs. 

Good grief, it seems like this family really loves me, huh? Whatever, I guess I'll enjoy this happiness as well for now...

...

°

°

°

The next day...

...

*Yawn*

What a good day, my family situation was already almost solved thanks to the perfect story I created yesterday about me being rescued by some marines and brought along in their ship which took a few months of travel. The only problem being that after this I could have to face the situation with my friends, and somehow manage to take my mob spot back.

Now I was the kid that was kidnapped by a pirate, of course recovering my mobness wasn't going to be easy, However, there are no obstacles a Shadow eminence can't overcome. And this wasn't going to be the exception.

*Growl~*

I guess I'll go and take breakfast first though...

After that, I went down the stairs and seated along with my family to have breakfast.

"So did Ryan start practicing swordsmanship so early again? Geez, that kid has almost stopped having breakfast with us since he became even more motivated in learning swordsmanship..." Dad said while looking out of the window where Ryan could be seen swinging his sword with a determined expression on his face.

"Talking about that, maybe I should go and wake Sid up so that he takes breakfast with us"

"Mom, I'm right next to you..."

"Ara, you were here Sid? Perfect then. Anyways Harold, as I was saying before..." My mom looked at me sightly with a smile before she started talking with dad once again as if I didn't exist.

...

As expected of me.

...


Oof, I feel really sleepy right now. I'm going to bed right away after uploading this chapter in webnovel as well.

By the way, I uploaded a new illustration on [Chapter 1: Reincarnation] so if you want to check it out you're free to do so.

It's baby Sid and his grumpy expression.

Anyways, that's all for today, Hasta la vista.

 

77