Chapter 22: A bounty hunter
2.9k 7 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22: A bounty hunter

...

The streets of Loguetown were crowded with hundreds of people buying daily objects like food, Toys, tools, ingredients, etc... The atmosphere of this place was like every other day, calm, peaceful, and even a bit hurried. 

People ran and walked through the crowds of people just to buy whatever they desired or needed to buy for the day. However, the noisy main street of Loguetown, which was also known to be the most crowded daily, sudden fell into complete silence, as if every one in that street suddenly decided to stay quiet at that precise moment.

*Clin*

...

*Clin*

...

*Clin*

...

*Clin*

...

A man walked silently in the middle of the streets, with a completely white hair that reached almost his neck, beautiful red eyes that seemed to shine with coldness and indifference towards his surroundings, and a gas mask that covered almost his whole face except from one eye and small scars and burns that could be seen if one approached enough. His boots, that had some chains attached to them, made a tingling sound every time he took a step forward and echoed through the silent street...

"Hey... Isn't that Asura the bounty hunter...?!"

"No way! In plain daylight...?! I thought he only killed pirates at night!"

"Who do you think he killed this time...? He is walking towards the marine base, so he should have been a famous pirate with a bounty, otherwise he couldn't even bother to deliver the corpse to the marines..."

"Maybe it is Golden tooth Eran's corpse? I heard he has made a lot of trouble in this town because he wanted to fight Asura..."

"Yeah, it must be him! After all who else could make Asura go outside in plain daylight just to capture a pirate...? Only someone strong could make him leave his daily routine... However, it seems like even Golden Tooth Eran wasn't able to defeat Asura..."

"No you're wrong, Gold tooth Eran died yesterday at night, his death was so pathetic that even the people from the newspaper considered that his death was unworthy of being added to their newspaper, I heard it from a friend that witnessed everything yesterday, and even he ended up snorting slightly at this pathetic death when he saw everything..."

People continued murmuring while glancing at the lone man that seemed to consider them unimportant while he dragged an enormous bag through the ground with a few stains of blood that appeared in some places of the bag from time to time.

"I heard that Jack the crimson Mustache was causing ruckus a few streets away from here some time ago... could it be that the one inside that bag is Jack?!"

"Indeed, another big pirate that ended up falling by his hands..."

"Kyaaaah~ Asura-sama, marry me!"

"Dumb pirates that overestimate themselves and think they can defeat Asura-sama with their measly strength... At this rate all the pirates in this part of the sea that arrive at this town will die without even knowing why..." 

"Though it seems that Asura-sama has never gone outside this town, even though there are incredible pirates outside there like don Krieg, or Arlong the saw that could give him a lot of money, he never leaves..."

"It is strange, but thanks to that there hasn't been any incidents nor crime in this town since a few years ago!"

"Kyaaaah~ Asura-sama, give me a baby!"

The lone man, Asura the bounty hunter, walked through the crowd completely unaffected by the thousands of conversations about him, and some inappropriate shouts that could be heard from time to time, like he only had one goal in his mind and it was the only thing that mattered to him.

To kill pirates.

Or so did the people thought...

°

°

°

Sid POV:

...

Uwah, I want to take a shit so badly...! But I must endure it for the sake of my edgy and revenge-seeker persona.

I must endure it... All for the sake of this world. (No, not really)

Although I could like to hurry up a bit, I need to walk slowly and with the correct pace and rythim so that my presence causes a lot more impression on the people watching me. Like a ticking clock in the middle of a complete silent night, being the only object creating some noise, and making the seconds feel like minutes every time you hear it. I had to make everyone on the street to be only able to hear my steps and the clinging sounds from the chains on my boots.

Tik tak

*Clin* *Clin*

...

Yes, as you might have already guessed it, this was my first approach to becoming a Shadow eminence. As I have already previously said before, "Shadow eminence" and "Mob" are two sides of the same coin. So although I might be a completely average guy at day, I also have to be a Shadow eminence at night.

That's why since two years ago I created the persona of Asura, a young man with incredible abilities in combat and heightened sensed that allow him to be an extraordinary gunner. In the past he suffered from having his hometown being burned down by pirates, unable to do anything, and being almost burned down completely, leaving only one eye untouched, his desire for revenge skyrocketed and his sole goal in life became to kill any pirate that appeared on his way without having any mercy.

That was me... currently.

...

As I finally managed to arrive to the marine headquarters in Loguetown while somehow suppressing my earthly desires, I threw the body of Jason the red beard or something like that to the marines and signaled them to check the body inside the bag.

"This is...!"

"..."

"Please wait a bit Asura-sama, we will bring our boss right away so that he can give you your bounty!"

I just nodded and then proceeded to take a seat on a nearby bench to wait until the said boss arrived. Not that it was going to take that long for him to come, after all I was considered an important visitor of this place since I have been catching and bringing them pirates almost every night. Which helped them a lot to reduce their workload.

"Asura, just the man I wanted to see! I hear that you brought the body of Jack the crimson mustache, incredible as always!"

"Cut it with your flattery and give me the money, I won't join the marines... at least for now"

"Ohoo~! Does that mean that you're considering it?! It seems like my constant struggles for making you join us bore fruit!"

"Do you want me to cut in half that tongue of yours? Or are you going to give me the money?"

"E-eh... Yes yes, right away..." The man nodded and took out a bag filled with money from behind him.

After taking the bag with me, I turned back and started walking towards the exit while increasing a bit my walking speed since nature was calling me.

Or so I thought...

"You are here again! I'm going to kick your ass this time!" 

A man that had a typical military buzz haircut and was smoking a big cigarette in his mouth, stood at the exit of the marine base while pointing at me with his finger and having a furious expression on his face. 

...

Smoker...

...


Another cliffhanger, and now I have to do my homework, so no more author words.

Bon voyage.

84