Chapter 28: Defying the logic
2.8k 8 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28: Defying the logic

...

In the middle of the night, two marines looked towards the horizon while illuminating their surroundings with a lantern.

"Heh, did you see the last week edition?"

"No, I haven't had the time to buy it as Garp-san doesn't stay that much time in the islands. You have it with you right now?"

"Nah, I have it in my room inside a cage so that no one finds it while I'm on duty"

"Tsk... Lucky bastard, then? How are the pictures this week?"

"Hohohoh, they are the best I have seen in a while, I pity you for not being able to see such beauties"

"Come on, don't be like that... Can't you lend it to me at least for a day? We are pals isn't that right?"

"Heck no, if I lend it to you then it will get covered in-"

"Don't slack off!" A voice came from inside the ship, as both of the marines panicked right away after hearing the voice.

"Yes sir!!"

"Yes sir!!"

As both marines continued observing their surroundings quietly, behind them a shadow moved swiftly without being noticed in the slightest, and disappeared into the darkness of the night.

[Raxion 3.0]

*Ziouuummmmmmm*

*Splash!*

Suddenly, out of nowhere a small boat appeared and landed on the water while letting out electric sounds once in a while, this boat had a good deal of strange machinery attached to it that gave it the atmosphere of being extremely complicated and advanced compared to normal boats.

With a complete black color, and a red luminous image with the shape of a very realistic skull on both sides of it, this is the Ration V3.0, one of the latest inventions of Sid, and the fastest boat in all the world... at least currently.

*Thud*

A shadow suddenly landed on top of the boat and took a seat before Raxion automatically set off at a great speed and disappeared into the distance.

"Hmm? Did you hear that?"

"Nah, it must be your imagination"

"..."

"..."

"Hey, isn't that what we always say before we notice that Asura-san has disappeared?"

"..."

"..."

"I think we should check his room just in case..."

°

°

°

Sid POV:

*Zooooooooooom!!!*

As Raxion 3.0 traveled at a great speed through the seemingly endless sea, I took out a book and started writing down any details I could notice about its functioning. Mostly because the new Raxion 4.0 was about to be finished, and I needed to correct any kind of mistake this one had before I finished creating the new one.

"Fuh~ But man, using that technique every time I have to sneak off from that ship really is tiring"

As I needed to get back to Loguetown before Luffy arrived there (And also because my Rest-week from working as a normal marine was almost ending) I had to sneak off from the grasp of Garp and return to the marine headquarters at Loguetown in order to fulfill my duties as a marine mob character... or in other words: be beaten up by the main characters while they escape from the marines.

Yes, that was my goal all along. To try and stop the straw-hats along with my other marine mob companions, only to be unable to do so, and get beaten up in the matter of seconds by their members while they try to escape. There was no other role that screamed MOB as much as that did, and I was not gonna waste this opportunity to flex my advanced techniques in the Art of Mob-fu.

And talking about my advanced Mob-fu abilities... there was one technique that I poured my blood and sweat in order to create it, otherwise my whole goal of becoming a Shadow eminence could turn into failure.

There was one issue that ruined my whole plan of acting as a normal mob in the exterior while being a shadow eminence in the inside, and that was the existence of the Observation Haki.

Observation Haki, as its name says, strengthens the "Observation" abilities of the user. Granting him the abilities of sensing the presences of the surrounding people, the emotions of any person, and finally... the Strength of the said person.

Indeed... even If I could change my appearance to that of a hungry guy on the verge of death without any muscle at all, someone with full control of Observation Haki couldn't be fooled at all, and instead they could say something like: "Huh?! Such power... Who are you?!" 

Imagine that suddenly I'm acting as my normal marine self, performing my beautiful mob act while trying to catch the strawhats, when suddenly Garp, or the other high ranked marines notice me in the middle of the group and scream: "Impossible, for a normal soldier to have this much power!"

My facade could be ruined!!

I felt a chill just imagining that happen.

So in order to correct and fix this problem, I started developing the ability to change my appearance to the fullest. Whether it was changing my own Aura, organs, bones, muscles, I sought to be able to change even the smallest of details, and finally... Three years ago... I created it.

[Mob-fu] Final series: Haki morphing!! (A/N: In other words... BS)

By changing the Haki's appearance on ones body, I managed to change the level of strength the body of the user could show to other users. Showing a completely fake level of strength to the Observation Haki users, and making them believe that I was just a normal mob with barely the strength to kill a normal pirate.

I was very surprised when I tried it on one of my "Subjects" for the first time (Random pirate that got caught and became my lab rat) as the strength I felt with my Observation Haki after I used this technique told me that he was able to kill me with just one flick of his hand, yet, at the next moment I ended up killing him with my sword out of reflex.

Hah~ It was really a beautiful moment.

*Zoooooooooo-Bump-zooooooooom!!*

"Oh, a failure... I guess I have to write this down..."

So, in summary, sneaking off Garp's ship isn't really that hard, as I'm able to make my presence so thin that even he won't notice with his observation Haki, and also worrying about him discovering my real strength isn't an issue anymore.

Moving from one place to another isn't that hard either, as the Raxion 3.0 is fast enough to the point it only takes a few hours to travel between Marineford and Loguetown, something that is completely unbelievable for the people of this world, as this travel normally takes a few days at minimum.

But what can I say? A Shadow eminence always goes against logic.

And I wasn't planning on stopping here either. As I was still developing the project of teleporting myself between islands, and until that time I could have to conform myself with traveling through the sea.

*Caw caw caw*

"Oh, a crow-bot? Must be a message..."

*Caw!*

As I stopped Raxion, the crow landed on my shoulder and handed me a small letter without apparent sender.

"Oh, so she liked the sword, huh? Very well, one thing less that I have to worry about then"

Hmm... Now that I think about it, I might have to talk about this matter to both of them...  I mean, Kuina finally is going to see Zoro after many years, and Bell-mere is also going to be able to see Nami...

Whatever, I'll see once I arrive first.

...


Epic.

I hope the bullshitting in this chapter didn't annoy you too much XD

 

74