Chapter 88: You thought I screwed it all, but it was all within my plan!
1.5k 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 88: You thought I screwed it all, but it was all within my plan!


...

"Sir, more and more pirate sightings have appeared all around the world, we cannot deal with this many pirates at once! Villages and cities are in chaos all around the world, what do we do?!"

Sengoku listened to his subordinate's words with a grim expression as he glanced at the papers on his hand with a deep frown on his face, soon, he released a long sigh and looked at the window with a calm expression on his face.

"Deploy as many people as we need, we need to stop these pirates right now or who knows how much chaos will they cause"

"Yes sir!!" The marine saluted Sengoku, and then left immediately.

The papers on Sengoku's hand were the reports of how many pirate attacks had been in a week. Normally, it's only one or two papers, however, after what happened with the admirals, Sengoku now had fifteen papers on his hand, and there were probably even more attacks that had yet to be reported. 

The world was in chaos, and every time he thought about it, his anger towards Thanatos would grow.

"If not because of him this wouldn't be happening... Now hundreds, if not thousands of innocent lives will be lost to those bastards..." Sengoku's knuckles turned white due to how much anger he was feeling. It had been the same when Roger died, the pirates filled the seas, and the chaos stirred up on the sea, only with time was the marine able to regulate a bit the number of attacks from pirates. However, now that Thanatos had made them look weak, the fire in the hearts of every pirate was starting to grow fiercely.

"Damnit, if only I was stronger... This wouldn't be happening! I could have apprehended that bastard at the time I saw him! Now, how many lives will be lost until we can stop the hundreds of pirates traveling through the sea...?"

*Knock knock knock!*

Suddenly, a very hurried and loud calling came from the door of the office, startling Sengoku enormously as he didn't expect someone to be in such a hurry.

"What is it?" Sengoku asked, seeing the subordinate he had sent to deploy marines a few minutes ago open the door with an incredibly surprised expression on his face.

"Sir, the pirate attacks... They have all been stopped at the same time..."

"What?! How did you do it?!"

"No, it wasn't me sir... but crows..."

"Crows?"

°

°

°

... 

Meroyi Island, a beautiful place for tourism and eating delicious food. The people there lived their lives in peace and calm, never expecting anything bad to happen because they had a marine headquarter nearby, and no pirates dared to invade their island.

Families, friends, partners, you could find anything on this island, and that was what made this island a very good place to live.

However, not everything lasts forever...

"Krahahahaha, kill the men and rape the women!! We are invincible!!!"

""Ohhhhh!!!""

Today, that peace has been disturbed by a dangerous pirate, who invaded the island in look for goods.

The people from the island ran, everyone full of fear of what the pirates could do to them if they found them. However, unfortunately for them, they weren't fast enough to escape, and in the end, the pirates cornered all of them on the border of the island, with no escape on sight.

The major of the island, who gazed worried at everyone, turned to look at the pirates with an enraged expression on his face.

"Don't you know that this island is patrolled by marines?! If you try to do something to us they will hunt you down!!"

The pirate, who heard everything the major said, chuckled silently before he then laughed out loud accompanied by his subordinates.

"Krahahahahaha!!! The marines? They can't even capture Thanatos using all their forces, yet you still think they are competent enough to capture all of us?! I bet they are still trying uselessly to capture something else... Maybe something on their level, like a fish. Krahahahahaha!!!"

"That's right, that's right. Those useless marines can't even deal with Thanatos, what's their use? Right now, all of the pirates that used to fear the marine are revolving in laughter and pillaging several islands all around the sea, now, no one fears the marine anymore, Kuhahahahaha!!"

The major fell on his buttocks finally realizing that their situation was hopeless and that there was no way to escape from this, his previous confidence in the marine had fallen to the bottom and now his whole soul was filled with desperation, scared of what was to come, now that the pirates were even more rampant than when the era of pirates had begun.

"Krahaha, now bastards, enjoy yourselves!!!"

The pirate captain leading the group yelled in extasis, and pointed his sword towards the people from the island, indicating to end them all.

*Caw!*

However, right as the pirates charged ferociously towards them, suddenly a crow landed in front of the pirates and made them all stop on their spots.

"A crow?"

When the pirate captain spoke, the crow turned to look at him and tilted its head cutely.

*Caw caw!*

"Choo, choo, get the fuck away from here, you stupid crow" Angry at their attack being stopped by the crow, the pirate captain brandished his sword, trying to scare the crow, only to notice that it was useless as the crow didn't seem to care in the slightest.

"Are you playing with me?! Enough, I'm just going to kill you right now...!"

When he said that, the crow stayed silent for a moment before it opened its beak once again.

"Caw caw motherfucker"

After that, several laser rays could be seen traveling all across the island from several kilometers away, accompanied by the screams of pain and fear of men that echoed all around the island

°

°

°

"I can't believe you have done this..."

Kuina, who was staring at an enormous screen in front of her with a startled expression, spoke to a certain man sitting on a nearby chair while drinking wine in silence.

It was, of course, none other than Sid in his Thanatos appearance. 

"Elementary my dear Kuina, if you are going to make a mess in the world, make sure to create countermeasure to any problem that might arise from it. Especially when you are damaging severely the reputation of the Marine" Sid swirled the wine on the glass calmly, while crossing his legs in a majestic manner. 

"So the crows were not only exploring robots to find what you call the Anomaly but also dangerous threat-extermining robots as well? And what's with you and laser beams?" Kuina sweatdropped a bit, seeing his antics, but asked nonetheless since she was curious.

"Yes, since they were going to be all around the world, I thought: why not use them to suppress any side effect from my action? Like in this uprising of pirates for example, and thus, I added a few sets of weapons to their mechanical bodies, enough to deal with normal pirates like them... Also, laser rays are the culmination of epicness, I don't understand what is it so hard for you to acknowledge it... I've yet to add some of them to my arsenal of weapons though... They are quite difficult to make"

*Sigh...* Kuina sighed exhaustingly and continued watching the screen, which was divided into several cameras from the crow-bots with each of them transmitting in real-time how they were hunting down the Pirates that tried attacking the cities and villages, not sparing a single one in the process.

Sid's eyes moved directly towards a transmission in specific. Not because the crow was hunting down pirates, but because it was spying silently on someone...

The crow-bot was sitting a few meters away from the window that gave path to the office of Sengoku, displaying also the talk with his subordinate in the forms of subtitles. 

{Crows hunting down the pirates... Does this have anything to do with Thanatos? He always is surrounded by those winged rats... Besides, crows don't shoot laser beams from their mouth... right?}

{No sir, they don't}

{Hmm... Why would he do something like this though... I thought he was nothing more than another crazy pirate, but there seems to be something else to him... Whatever, deploy marines to the islands under attack anyways, even if the residents are safe, they are still going to need help reconstructing or helping the injured}

{Yes Sir!}

Watching silently the screen, Sid giggled silently before he laughed aloud with an evil tone to his laugh.

"Hahaha! You thought I screwed it all, but it was all within my plans, Sengoku!  You are nothing but a pawn in this game to control all the planet from the shadows, and there's nothing you can do to escape from my strings! Huahuahuahuahua!!!"

Kuina, sweatdropped at Sid's antics before she then sighed and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"...Are you sure you are not the evil one here...?"

...


The results of my exams are finally over! Nothing too spectacular, but I think it's enough to study what I want.

Anyway, here's the chapter, enjoy it!

30