Chapter 89: Globalization
3k 17 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 89: Globalization


...

"Hey, have you heard the news about those strange crows that protect the people from the rampaging pirates? They shoot beams from their mouths and fly at super-high speeds, I think I even saw one yesterday... It was awesome!"

"Woah, Really? How did it look?! Surely they can't be merely normal crows..."

"If it was really one of them as I suppose, then it looked more ordinary than what I thought they would... The only extraordinary thing about them was their strange and almost robotic red eyes... They remembered me of that Shadow Raven guy... Didn't he have crows on his back on his wanted poster as well?"

"Now that you mention it... That's strange... Could it be that he is related to them?"

"I don't think so... Why would a pirate hunt other pirates? That doesn't make sense..."

"Hahahaha, Yeah... How could that be?... Hmm? What's happening over there?"

"Yeah, what's with that enormous crowd?... Let's go and take a look!"

The two random people soon ran towards the nearby crowd in the middle of the street and eyed with surprise what was happening there. Much to their surprise, it was actually a new shop opening for the first time. However, they still couldn't understand why it was causing such ruckus to the point a crowd was forming even before it opened.

Soon, one of them tapped the shoulder of a girl from the crowd that seemed to be looking with anticipation at the "Grand-opening" sign in the front of the closed door and asked her what was happening.

"It's the grand opening of the "New Age Shadows" company! It has been very famous lately because of the many incredible products that have been circulating all around the world in the hands of very few people. However, now they are actually opening branches all over the world! Who wouldn't be excited about that?! Even more when it's on this island, where nothing interesting happens!"

Perplexed, the man asked while scratching the back of his head "What kind of products?" All meanwhile his companion listened from behind.

"Technology that has never been seen before in the entire world! They had a strange rectangular object that worked like a den-den mushi and a camera at the same time without the need of feeding it at all! Something that's called a computer that allowed you to look for any information in the world, and several other tools worked a hundred times faster than their normal versions... It's incredible!"

The eyes of both men soon bulged out and they started waiting just like the other people for the opening of the shop. Meanwhile all this happened, a small camera observed them from afar, moving only from time to time to inspect the surroundings, unbeknown to the people there...

°

°

°

In another part of the world...

...

"The reason for this meeting... I believe everyone here already knows, right?" A short bearded man of gray hair stood up and placed both of his hands on the table with a look full of seriousness. The air around him screamed dignity and power, making it obvious that he wasn't your average joe, moreover, all of his clothes were perfectly cleaned and looked extremely luxurious, seemingly showing off the fact that money wasn't a thing he lacked.

And indeed, this man was no one else but the owner of one of the most famous companies in the world, the "Sea dominator enterprises"... a company that produced boats, ships, and many other vehicles of the sort in mass, being even more famous than the great Galley-la company... Oba Hammond... His power all around the world was incredibly recognized, and his status and influence over the world government were almost as comparable to that of a Tenryuubito with just his monetary power alone.

The people who he was talking to weren't average people either... No, all of them were people of incredible power and influence that had an incredible impact all over the world. Merchants, business owners, politicians of kingdoms with businesses, and many more... all of them were looking at the man in the middle of the table with respect and acknowledgment... But their eyes were also filled with dissatisfaction. However, this wasn't because of the man, but rather for the same reason all of them reunited in the first place... And the same reason all of them were filled with nervousness.

*Tap tap*

Suddenly, someone tapped lightly the table with his finger and gathered everyone's attention.

"It's because of that strange company that appeared out of nowhere... right?" A man of stylish orange-colored sunglasses and blond short hair covered in the shadows of the room looked at him and massaged his temple with an impassive expression on his face. He had an enormous pink feathered coat all over his shoulders, and his presence around the room seemed to be equal, if not even bigger than Oba at the center. He was, of course, Donquixote Doflamingo... Who also seemed to be worried to a certain extent about this so-called new company that he mentioned.

"Indeed... New Age Shadows company... Everyone here heard the rumors of their new and incredible technology... But none of us thought that they could actually rise and create several branches all over the world from one moment to another without us even noticing...!"

"How did we not notice? I thought Eleva was supposed to keep an eye on small companies to make sure none of them grew too big...?"

Eleva, the woman who was mentioned, and also the owner of a chain of restaurants, slammed the table with anger and looked back at who had mentioned her. "I paid close attention to every one of them. However, the places where this New Age Shadows company settled their branches were bought by completely different people, so I didn't think that they would all be secretly part of this company!"

"Should we send some people to destroy their branches? You know, make it look like thieves that saw all those technologies couldn't resist temptation and attacked the shops... Maybe we can use pirates in the worst case!" One of the people there said, his face grinning with viciousness as he explained his plan. However, the next words Oba made him widen his eyes in surprise.

"We already did... But nothing happened..."

"What do you mean? Did the thieves escape with the payment and did nothing at all?"

"That's what we think...but no. We kept monitoring them to make sure they did their job, but as soon as they were about to attack... They vanished as if they had never existed in the first place... What's more, that happened in every branch we tried attacking, even when we attacked twice the same would happen every time"

""...!!"" Everyone at the table widened their eyes in shock. Even Doflamingo squinted his eyes from behind his sunglasses after hearing such news.

Soon, he started laughing like a madman and adjusted his sunglasses while smiling in delight. "They seem to be more interesting than what I thought... Why don't we add them to this group? They seem to be skilled enough... Besides, their technology is incredible... It surely would bring us a lot of money..."

"Are you crazy? With them in the market, no one would buy my products!"

"Yeah, their technology is dangerous to everyone's business!"

"We have to erase them from this world before they become more famous and their power increases!"

"Hey, Oba, who is the head of this new company?!" A woman asked, her eyes glistened with maliciousness as her intentions were clear as the day, she was planning on killing the head and erasing the company afterward. However, the words of Oba did nothing to appease her worry but instead increased it.

"We don't know... No one knows. There's not even one clue about his identity or where he is residing currently... Not even with the best investigators in the world have I been able to discover who the owner is..."

*Gasp!!*

"Hahahahaha, whoever runs that company down... He is incredible! He played you all like fools!"

"S-shut up Doflamingo! It will only be a matter of time before we discover their identity and erase them from the map, just like we have done so many times before!" Oba smashed his fist on the table angrily and growled at Doflamingo. However, just as it seemed that the talk was about to become more heated up, suddenly someone called at the door.

*Knock-Knock*

"Who is it?! We are in an important meeting!!"

*Click...!*

The door slowly opened and a man with a pale expression entered the room, he was carrying a pack of papers and his eyes seemed devoid of any life.

"B-boss... the profits... the shares of stock... everything... It plummeted down!"

"What?!" Oba's eyes widened in shock and he started checking the paper in his hands with a pale expression.

"Too bad Oba, it seems like your shop it's finally becoming obsolete" Another distributor of ships and boats smiled arrogantly while glancing at his competitor's misfortune. However, what happened next, shocked everyone there to their core.

Suddenly, several people started entering the room, all of them seemed to be employees of the people in the meeting... And all of them... we're carrying the same stack of papers like the first one.

All this, while Doflamingo laughed crazily, surrounded by the cries of sorrow and desperations from the people who eyed the papers with tears on their eyes.

That day, the big companies of the world... all fell into ruin...  and a new one rose onto the top. Only a few companies survived this, however, none of them had the strength left to oppose the power of this company that appeared from one moment to another.

New Age Shadows...

Who would it be the one behind it all?

°

°

°

Sabaody Archipelago...

...

In the darkness of a room, a man with red eyes could be seen looking at the screen of his watch with a malicious glint in his irises, soon, the same images of Doflamingo and the businessmen creating ruckus in the meeting room played on the screen, making the mysterious person smile on delight at the sight.

"Kekeke, I have to thank you all, background characters... You kept the economy of this world going on from behind the scenes while I prepared myself to rise. However, don't worry, I will be the one to take care of everything now, you can rest in bankruptcy, while I slowly but surely start to control this world with my strings from the shadows! Huahuahuahuahua!!!"

"Hey, Sid what are you doing here...?"

Suddenly, someone clicked the light switch and the whole room cleared up. 

On the bed, was Sid making a strange pose while looking at who had opened the door with a calm expression on his always frowning face.

"Hey, Aveir, it's me, Sid, the normal guy who is not doing anything strange..."

Aveir, who was the one who opened the door a few seconds ago, was now completely skinny and strange-looking just like he was before going on his vacations, he lost all the muscle in a week, and now he was the same pervert that he had always been, much to the relief of Sid. 

"The fuck are you on about now...? -*Gasp!*- Don't tell me you were... Jerking off?" Aveir said while opening his mouth agape.

"The fuck are you talking about fucking bastard?" Sid scoffed at Aveir and looked at him with a pissed-off expression. 

"Hey, Sid, no need to go on the defensive like that, I understand... That pirate girl... Probably dumped you already, right? You probably couldn't do it with her and now you need to satisfy yourself with your own hands instead... But that's perfectly normal, I mean, she was hot, and with an ugly bastard like you, it was obvious that she was using you for getting information on the mari-"

*Smack!*

Without warning, Sid suddenly hit Aveir's face and gestured him to come at him.

"MOTHERFUCKEEER!!!"

After that, the sounds of battle filled the room, and only after several minutes did more marines arrive to separate the both of them.

Who could have won that battle of mobs? Only God knows...

...


Going to university in a few weeks... That's certainly an Epic gamer moment.

24