Separate from the Family (Part 2)
1.3k 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"Xue Yu! Xue Yu! You want to eat or not?! Everyone should work if they want to eat! Woke up or I won't give you anything to eat! You heard?!
 
"You bitch! You dare to ignore an elder?! If it's not for my Jing family, who wanted to marry a ger whose mother married three times like you, ah?! Who wanted to marry a ger who already nineteen ah?! If it's not for my Jing family, you and your ger brother would be sold as slaves in county town! Don't be so ungrateful! A ger who didn't have anything like you, who wants you ah?!
 
"A ger whose brother is ger, and gave birth to twin gers! Aren't you cursed?! Can't you give birth to a son, ah?! You bring bad luck to my Jing family! Second son's injury and the lesser crops this year, maybe it all because of your bad luck! Whose family have this many gers under their roof?! You should leave my Jing family and bring your bad luck to yourself!!
 
"Jing Chen! You as a man can't get a hold of your wife! Tell him to come out, can't you? You can't move but you can use your mouth, can't you?! This mother take care of you when you were sick, but now you wake up you forgot this mother kindness! Even if you aren't come out of my stomach, this mother treats you like a real son!
 
Ai, this pair of son and daughter-in-law are really unfilial, they don't want to listen to their mother ah!! This mother is so pitiful, ah!! This mother is so pitiful.. wuwuwu"
 
Mother Jing went outside and cried pitifully in the yard, in front of the villagers who started gathering. Father Jing and Jing Shan who rushed out to have lunch saw this and quickly helped mother Jing inside.
 
"What are you doing?! You want me to lose face in front of the villagers?"
Father Jing said. He came home tired and hungry, he wanted to eat and rest before worked again.
 
Mother Jing cried pitifully. All the daughters-in-law and sons already sat around the dining table.
 
"If it's not for the second son's daughter-in-law, I won't cry like this! I knocked on their door multiple times to ask him to cook but he didn't reply. I called the second son to come out, but he didn't reply. I scolded them a little and called them unfilial, but they still didn't reply. What is it ah? Do they not put this mother in their eyes at all? Wuwuwu.."
 
With a wide stride, father Jing quickly knocks on Jing Chen's room.
"Jing Chen, you unfilial son! Come out, how dare you treat your mother like this?!"
 
Jing Chen weakly opened the door.
 
"This son is unfilial. This son beg for forgiveness! But this son just woke up for two weeks after five months unconscious, the body is still very weak, hope mother forgives this son."
 
Mother Jing cried, "This mother treat you like her own son, but clearly, you don't put this mother on your eyes ah! This mother should cry and cry in front of villagers, made your father lose face before you want to talk to this mother, it's very pitiful! Wuwuwu!"
 
Father Jing looked at Jing Chen coldly. He held grudge against this son who looked like his mother, a sickly concubine whose grandfather Jing forced him to marry. If it's not to lower the 30 mu land price grandfather Jing wanted to buy from Jing Chen's mother's family, father Jing wouldn't give an eye to her. Fortunately, this 30 mu land later fell into his hand so he felt his 'sacrifice' wasn't a waste. 
 
Father Jing also hated the fact that Jing Chen mother's parents send Jing Chen to study when he was 10 years old. Father Jing wanted a scholar in the family, but he didn't want it to be Jing Chen. When Jing Chen mother's parents died, he was glad to be able to stop Jing Chen's study. He used the heavy workload in the field as an excuse to the villagers and promised the village head to raise another scholar from his family.
 
"Your mother treats you well, why can't you treat her well?"
 
Jing Chen smiled pitifully, "Its all this son fault, it's this son who disrespects mother this morning. Mother is so kind and treats this son well. This son regretted his action to death!"
 
Father Jing sneered, "If it's the case, you won't let your mother cried like this! For so long, you never put your mother in your eyes!"
 
Jing Chen felt aggrieved. With a long-suffering sigh, he lamented sadly. It was loud enough to be heard by the villagers outside.
 
"This son doesn't understand what father means? This son did everything to please mother!
 
"Mother wanted this son to stop studying because nobody can help father in the field, this son agreed. Mother wanted this son to substitute father to go to the military, this son agreed. This son spent six years in the north border, fought for life every day and had to delay his marriage, but this son doesn't regret it a single time. This son believes mother did it all for the family sake!
 
"When this son came back, he gave all 200 taels he got from military to mother. Mother wanted this son to marry a ger, this son agreed. This son felt a bit sad, but this son never complained, because this son believed there's no way mother did it with bad intention, or to humiliated this son! 
 
"Mother agreed to only give 2 taels as bride price, this son never objected. It was this son's daughter-in-law who wanted it, so he could bring his brother to live with us. We didn't have enough rooms to shelter him so he lived near the pigsty, but Xiao Wen never complains. 
 
"Xiao Wen and Xiao Yu were so filial they did all the housework so all sisters-in-law never need to lift a finger, this son never complained once.
 
"When this son went into the mountain to catch a wild boar that mother wanted to eat, this son got hurt, but he still had a wild boar in hand to give to mother. When this son unconscious for months, no doctor was called, this son believed mother had faith in this son's strong body. This son can wake up and heal on his own.
 
"Mother treats this son well, this son was really grateful! How can father said this son doesn't put mother in his eyes at all? This son felt so wronged!"

Thanks for reading everyone, please support/subscribe me on tapas if you can (early release)! Means a lot<3
 
Here are some notes:
- Ger considered daughter-in-law, not son-in-law in ancient times.
- Face is really important in ancient china.
- Chinese people often refer themselves with third pronoun in ancient times. It's quite confusing to write actually:D:D
- Being scholar is a big deal. 
18