Separating from the Family (Part 5)
1.3k 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The villagers started talking and scolding again outside. Father Jing couldn't help but glared at Zhang Mei, "Don't talk nonsense! Xue Wen is part of Xue Yu bride price, let him stay with his brother. This Jing family is so generous, let Xue Wen choose one pig he liked the most, and bring it back with him!"
 
Jing Jie who wanted to support Zhang Mei closed her mouth quickly.
Mother Jing almost fainted, "Are you crazy?!! One pig is expensive enough! We already need to give 30 taels to Jing Chen and now you want to give a pig too?! I'm unwilling!"
 
Mother Jing cried until the village head came. "What is the matter, Father Jing?" Jing Zhen asked hurriedly.
 
Father Jing quickly explained the situation. The village head nodded and then called someone to pick up papers and ink. He also told someone to call Li Fen Xiucai, the only other scholar in their village to be a witness.
 
While mother Jing kept crying, Jing Chen was looking at the crowd. He found his uncle's wife. She looked nervous. Jing Chen sighed. Why was all of Jing family terrible to them? She must be worried Jing Chen would bother their family once he was separated. Ai.
 
When Li Fen finally came, Jing Chen said.
"This son doesn't want mother to keep crying, so this son won't take the pig. This son thank father for the kindness, but we can't raise the pig right now.."
 
Mother Jing stood suddenly, her body was shaking with anger. "What? Do you want to add more taels as exchange, huh? You evil son!"
 
Jing Fang looked at Jing Chen with contempt. He hated Jing Chen since he thought Jing Chen was not suitable as a scholar. He thought Jing Chen wanted to steal his place as the first scholar of Jing family. He also jealous that Jing Cheng was close to his teacher, Master Liu. Jing Fang wanted to be close with his teacher too, but Master Dong was a cold and serious person.
 
"Mother, please don't be mistaken. This son won't ask for more money. From 30 taels Father gives as an exchange of the separation lands, this son will only accept 10 taels. Let mother save the rest of 20 taels. This is the last filial piety this son can give to father and mother.
 
"Like father said, there will no relationship between Jing family and this son's family from now on. This son won't come here even if he was beaten to death, so this son expected the same of Jing family. No matter what happens in the future, my family and everyone who was part of Jing family will have no relationship. So please father asks for uncle to sign the papers too. Auntie Jing must be worried that my family will bother them in the future.
 
"One more thing, Xiao Wen is part of my family and will be added to my household registration. The only time I'll come to Jing family is when I need to burn incense at Father & Mother's funeral. This is all that I'm asking for, please village head write clearly on the separation papers."
 
Jing Zheng the village head wrote it neatly on the papers. He asked if father Jing wanted to add anything, but father Jing declined.
 
"I have no objection. If this is what second son wishes, let it be."
 
Mother Jing was so happy she could jump to the sky. More money in her hand and no more Jing Chen's family in her house! She took 10 taels quickly from her room and put them on the table. Li Fen Xiucai shook his head, he felt he couldn't understand this woman at all.
 
The village head read the papers loudly. He let Jing Fang and Jing Chen checked if what was written was the same as what they heard. Jing Chen, Father Jing, Uncle Jing, all signed the paper with their thumb. Jing Zheng made three copies, one for him as the village head, one for Jing Chen, and one for Father Jing.
 
Jing Chen family quickly packed their things and finally left Jing family.

Thanks for reading everyone! Finally the separation is done!

17