Chapter One – Elaniel
112 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a marble palace suspended on clouds, with roads made of gold leading off into the distance sat a young girl with silvery hair and beautiful white wings behind her back.

The girl's face was pale and petite, making her seem more like a doll or sculpture than a living being.

"Elaniel! We have to train before the Archangel Lithiel arrives!" A young melodic voice rang out and snapped Elaniel out of her daze.

A girl with a well developed body landed outside the marble temple and ran over to embrace Elaniel, making her stiffen up a bit.

"Let's go let's go! If we're late, we'll probably have to practice all day!" When Yeriel thought of practicing wielding a sword all day, her body trembled.

Lithiel was an Archangel, a rank higher than the common angels who resided in Heaven. If they were late to class, the Archangel might just train them all day.

Elaniel spread her wings and flapped them, soaring into the air and followed behind Yeriel with a slightly accelerated pace.

When the two landed, Elaniel had had enough time to sort through the memories that had appeared in her mind.

It seemed before she was an angel, she was a human being. A man. Despite the implications, Elaniel didn't feel any kinship to humans nor did she wish to delve too deep into the matter.

If another angel found out she had memories, who knew what might await her? Though Heaven was peaceful, some things had major implications that could even draw the attention of the attention of Powers or Virtues.

Luckily, they arrived in the open pavilion before Lithiel arrived, settling into the soft golden cushions set on the floor for them.

"Do you think we might try to use light magic today?" Yeriel asked with excitement, earning an eyebrow raise from Elaniel.

"You didn't hear? Today is a special day since some of the Vanguard will descend to purge the evil demons."

The Vanguard were angels who served as warriors. They were the first into battle against the demon invasions when Heaven sent an army.

"It's good that you know your events Yeriel. Next time, wait until class is over to satisfy your excitement." A woman with black hair and an angelic face walked over with a kind smile.

"Yes Lithiel!" Yeriel's blond hair framed her blushing red cheeks, nearly making Elaniel suffer a nosebleed at her cuteness.

"Okay, since most of you are here, I'll begin. Of course, don't expect those who are absent to get away freely." Hearing her, the students gave a mental prayer for those who hadn't arrived in time.

"Okay, can someone tell me how we angels can descend to the mortal worlds?" Lithiel asked as she took a seat, her voluptuous body perfectly accentuated with her white robes.

A rchangels wore White while Angels wore Gray. Despite the similarities, an Archangel could use light magic to damage demons.

Angels couldn't yet control their powers, making it risky for them to leave Heaven, hence they were taught to do so before being sent to the mortal worlds.

Despite Angels having the lowest ranking in Heaven, angels were highly resistant to mortal weapons.

A single angel could fight ten men easily and win without breaking a sweat while an Archangel could wield their light magic to destroy hundreds at once.

Above Archangels were the Principalities. They were strong enough to wipe out entire cities with their magic.

As for how to reach that rank, Elaniel didn't know, she just wanted to spend her days in comfort in Heaven.

Yeriel from time to time looked over at Elaniel who stared blankly at Lithiel, as if she were completely focused on her words.

Seeing the blushing Yeriel, Elaniel smiled faintly and turned her attention back to Lithiel.

"Angels can descend to the mortal realms using a Gate of Heaven. It would cost lots of magical power to open, so only Powers or Virtues could do so without hurting themselves."

A youth with gray hair answered Lithiel, a slightly smug look appearing on his face as he looked around the pavilion.

"Good, A Gate of Heaven has a constant cleansing effect on demonic magical energy, so if you ever encounter difficulties, stay close to the Gate of Heaven." Lithiel explained patiently.

.

.

.

When class was over, Lithiel pointed to a weapon's rack and gestured for everyone to arm themselves.

"Angels can wield a variety of weapons, while swords are the basics. After you complete the sword stance, you can practice trying to sense your magical energy."

The students hearing her gasped as they thought it'd be a long while before they got to practice magical abilities.

 

3