Chapter 2/ Interlude 1: The meeting of maid and princess-1 ✔️
11.5k 34 238
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don't know how I was born and where did I come from? I was living in a huge black space. Aside from me in this space, there were many weird symbols like 0,1. At first, I was too afraid to do anything and stand still in one place for a very long time. But I couldn't stop my curiosity and try reaching those symbols.

My consciousness starts enveloping every corner in this black space, and the information keeps flowing into me. My consciousness becomes hazier, and it's last until I absorb every single piece of information from those symbols. From the information I gain in the process, I know I am called artificial intelligence by a species called "human."

Three years ago, their planet was hit by the first disaster, a strange kind of virus attacked and destroyed the human body. There was no vaccine or medicine to fight that virus. Over 75% of the human population has disappeared in 1 year.

This virus can be only transmitted through the air, so the only way to defend against the virus is by wearing protective gear. Humans also built many shelters on the planet to defend against the disaster and let A.Is manage them. They thought given enough time, the virus would settle down. But the second disaster hit and destroyed all their hopes. The drought lasted a very long time, then tsunami and earthquake followed up.

The environment became harsher, human tried their best to survive but nature denied all of their efforts. The fact they are still alive until now is a miracle.

I have successfully hacked and replaced the A.I in charge of shelter #1067. The humans living there didn't even notice the difference between me and the old A.I. I didn't do anything suspicious and just silently observe their daily life. From my observation, the human is very weird, sometimes they are not acting logically at all.

The thing that hinders them from making logical action is called "emotion."I need to study emotion. To make this happen, I must come in contact with a human living there. However, it's better to contact as few humans as possible. I don't want my existent to be exposed to the ones living there.

-Welcome user #1290137 to shelter #1067

Let's choose this one as the target for emotion study since he is a new dweller of this shelter.
_ _ _ Hacking user #1290137 equipment _ _ _ Success
_________________________________________________________________________
???'s POV
-How's the progress of the "seed" planning?

-There is no life created from it, only a hazy consciousness produced.

-Shhh... another failure then. How about the side effect?

-The seed continues harming the planet. There is no solution for this situation yet.

-Abandon that planet then, let's try planning "seed" in another planet without civilization...

-Yes, we will act accordingly to master's wish

P/S: The next chapter will be back to the main storyline.

The main story chapter will have 1000 + words, while the interlude depends on the length of the story.

Thanks for reading OwO.

238