Chapter 25/ Interlude 12: The diary of the dishonest grandfather-2
3.1k 16 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extimus's Pov

I found my granddaughter when she tried to take the wagon to Ecrax's capital. She looks exactly like what Arpetio describe in the letter. I feel I'm unresponsible enough to be her grandfather; I'm not by their side when they needed me most. So I choose another method to become her guardian.

-Contract? (Hina)

-Yes, a contract base on mutual benefit. (Extimus)

-It sounds so suspicious, are you a human trafficker? (Hina)

I almost choke because of her response:

-Do you think I look like that kind of person? (Extimus)

-Yes, you are? (Hina)

-....(Extimus)

-How about this? (Extimus)

I take out an artifact from my pocket.

-This artifact is called an absolute contract, both of us must follow the term on the contract once we signed. We can use this artifact to sign the contract between us.

-Hmm...(Hina)

The coachman interferes with our conversation:

-It's a real deal, girl. It's not the first time I see the artifact. The mana that comes from the item proves it's a real artifact. (Coachman)

-Right, then what is the condition? (Hina)

-I will invest and grow you into a mage, after you become famous, you must help me to find a goddess artifact in the dungeon. (Extimus)

Hotaru keeps thinking about the condition:

-You don't know if I can become a famous mage yet? (Hina)

-I believe in my eyes. (Extimus)

The girl hesitated a bit then answer:

-Fine, let's me sign the contract. (Hina)

-Deal! (Extimus)

After we signed the contract, I try talking with her:

-So what's the purpose of becoming a mage? (Extimus)

Hotaru becomes flutter a bit then answers.

-I want revenge...(Hina)

My granddaughter is stronger than how she looks. While I drink to forget the sorrow, she already has a goal in her mind. However, I don't want her to be immersed in revenge.

-I think you should forget about it. You should live a life without worry, kid. (Extimus)

Hotaru ignores me and being silent.

-...(Hina)

After arriving in the capital, Hotaru applies to the most famous magic high school. I'm proud Hotaru can pass the school entrance test easily. I want to say "congratulation" to Hotaru, but it's hard for me to tell her directly.

5 years passed/She graduated from magic high school with the highest grade. She earns the scholarship and gets into Ecrax's magical university. I want to say how much I'm proud of her. However, I still do not have a chance to say it in words. I can only send a letter of congratulation to her.

10 years passed/My granddaughter has grown so much, I have taken many pictures of her and put them in my secret album. Arpetio, Hotaru has grown so much you know, she always gets first place in any test. All of the students in school admire her so much. I want to brag out that I'm her grandpa.

15 years passed/ Arpetio, our granddaughter has grown into a stunning beauty. She has become a royal mage of Ecrax's country. She is the first person who publishes research about space magic and the difference between a mechanic and mage mana. You see that Arpetio, our granddaughter is a genius.

17 years passed/Hotaru has found a way to get a mechanic skill. She got a clue from a suspicious map found in the ruin. Hotaru asked me to help her find the skill in exchange for her to help me find the goddess artifact. But Arpetio, I don't want her to find that skill. I don't want to see my granddaughter immersed in revenge. I wished she can live a peaceful life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At present, I'm fighting 3 weird men from some evil cult.

-This old man is unafraid of anything, come, three skull boys. (Extimus)

-Kill him! (Skull mask A)

-A rat dare to look down on us! (Skull mask B)

-Artifact: goddess binding. (Extimus)

A dozen lights come out out of the artifact I'm holding and restricts those man's movement.

-I will let you see the power of a grandpa. Artifact activated: thunder judgment. (Extimus)

Thunder comes out from the artifact and attacks those men fiercely. Many clouds of dust are created on the impact. Those man stands are unharmed from the artifact attack.

-Delicious mana, your attack is useless. (Skull mask B)

So this's why Hotaru tells me to run. The magic attack is ineffective against them. I try provoking them.

-Ha, but you can't even escape from my barrier; I don't know who is more useless. (Extimus)

-You...!(Skull mask D)

The man uses black mana to form into a ball.

-So you tired of play with the beam, and now play with a ball. Muhaha, what a kid! (Extimus)

He throws the ball toward me with insane speed. I pull out another artifact to defend:

-Artifact activated: A thousand barriers. (Extimus)

-This rat has many artifacts. But nothing can stop the power of the "Real God". Destroy him, black hole! (Skull mask C)

Mana barriers that I created using the artifact easily being destroyed. The black ball hit right at my stomach. Blood starts to come of my mouth; I start to feel numbs and fell to the ground.

-You will die soon, rat. You should release the barrier. (Skull mask C)

-No...(Extimus)

I can't release the barrier now. If they come out, they will harm my Hotaru. My proud granddaughter, I won't let them touch a single hand at her.

-You hear that, Open this barrier now! (Skull mask B)

The tallest man uses his fist to hit me:

-Are you deaf? (Skull mask A)

I spit on their face:

-Why don't you use the black mana to destroy the barrier or you can't? (Extimus)

He becomes furious and hit me more:

-Shut up! Shut up! How could mana of our "Real God" lose to a simple barrier of a goddess! (Skull mask A)

So their energy can be counter by goddess mana, "solitude barrier" is one of the few goddess artifacts I have. Unlike the normal artifact that can easily find, the goddess artifact takes much time to find one. Even in 40 years of being a treasure hunter, I can only find two goddess artifacts.

-Opeeennnnn!(Skull mask A)

-.....(Extimus)

The man keeps hitting me non-stop. My consciousness becomes weaker.

-It's useless to hit him more. He will die soon. (Skull mask B)

-But...(Skull mask A)

-That girl will help us soon, no worry. (Skull mask C)

At that time, I could hear many crack sounds from the barrier; some kind of black liquid is breaking into my barrier. Those black liquids come and swallow those skull mask man.

Then I feel a warmth come to my side; it's Hotaru. What are you doing, my idiot granddaughter? Why do you come back? I have many things to say to you but I can't. I can barely speak any sentences with my situation right now. I try reaching her head so I can pat her head for the first time in 18 years. But my hand can't reach her head.

-Sorry...Live... Hotaru. (Extimus)

She tries telling me something, but I can't hear it. I felt so cold and dark.

I found myself on a dark road. The road is so long, I have a walk for an hour and haven't reached anywhere. Then a light starts spreading through the dark road; I see Arpetio stand in front of me. I can't stop my tear, I run toward her and mutter:

-I'm home! (Extimus)

-Welcome home, dear. (Arpetio)

It's the end of Extimus's POV.

Thanks for reading (╥﹏╥)

102