Chapter 38/ Interlude 16: Slum Princess-2
2.2k 24 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Hey, you! (Sora)

The other princess, Sora is calling out for me. I turn back and ask her:

-What do you want from me? (Aya)

She ignores my question and asks me:

-So you are my new sister? (Sora)

-Yes, so? (Aya)

She grabs my hand and takes me to a room full of toys. Sora tells me:

-That man buys me many toys, but I don't use them. You can take whatever you want in the room and play with it. (Sora)

I don't want to use the leftover thing of Sora, so I immediately deny her offer:

-I don't want to. (Aya)

Sora shakes her head and asks me:

-Why? (Sora)

-I just don't want to... (Aya)

Then our conversation ends in silence. Sora leaves me in the room and goes somewhere.

After that meeting, Sora keeps approaching me. Every time she will give me something like a toy, sword, or even diamond. I start asking myself if this is a unique way of Sora caring about me.

The nobleman orders me to attend a magic class at the church. At here, students have to learn about magic theory. However, I am unable to make a new friend. Most of the students here are noble, and they know about my origin. They always try to keep a distance from me and talk behind my back.

-Eww, I don't even want to be near her. (Noble A)

-Agree, let's go somewhere far from her. (Noble B)

I can only ignore them and do my own thing. One day, when I'm focusing on the book about the broom that can make people fly. A girl comes across me, from the outfit I can instantly know that she is a commoner.

-It looks interesting. What is the book about? (Commoner A)

I am surprised at the fact someone starts a conversation with me:

-Eh...Ah, It's about the magical broom. (Aya)

-Can I have a look? (Commoner A)

-Here... (Aya)

She is a good listener. She listens to me when I try to explain about the book I just read.

-Heh, that's interesting. (Commoner A)

-Right, right. (Aya)

In the end, she becomes my friend. We start playing together since that meeting.

However, I don't know that one day every good thing I have encountered so far will come to an end. When I walk past the study room of Sora, I see the door is being opened and there is the voice of the nobleman coming out from the room.

-Why do you get intimate with that girl? (Nobleman)

-Do I need a reason? (Sora)

The man makes a deep sigh:

-The girl is selected as a scapegoat to die instead of you, Sora. (Nobleman)

-You are talking about that prophecy again. (Sora)

-Yes, that's the reason I find that girl for you, Sora. Since the prophet informs me that: 10 years from now, a princess will suffer an unavoidable end. (Nobleman)

So that's the reason he chooses to adopt me. He wants me to die instead of Sora's place. At this moment, I don't want to hear any more words come out from that nobleman's mouth. I run back to my room and hide inside the blanket. I keep crying until the next day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sora's POV

The old man complains about me getting closer to my dear sister.

-Yes, that's the reason I find that girl for you, Sora. Since the prophet informs me that: 10 years from now, a princess will suffer an unavoidable end. (Nobleman)

-If it's my fate then let it be. I cherish her as my sister. (Sora)

-Tchh, you are so stubborn. (Nobleman)

The old man gives up on persuading me and comes back to his room. When I go outside, I find a hairband that I gave to Aya yesterday.

-How could it be here? There is no way she listens to our conversation, right? (Sora)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been one day since I find out the truth why that nobleman adopts me. I can't hold my feeling; I want to share them with my friend so I come to the church to meet her. When I'm in front of the prayer room in the church, I can hear many voices come from it:

-So have you become a friend with that princess? (Commoner B)

-Yes, I am. (Commoner A)

Oh, it's the voice of my friend. She seems to talk with other friends of hers.

-Why do you even want to become a friend with that low-life? Do you that she comes from the slum? (Commoner C)

-Haha, why not? (Commoner A)

-You know she is hated by the noble, doesn't it? (Commoner B)

-Yes, so that's why I get close to her? (Commoner A)

-Eh? (Commoner C)

The others seem to be surprised at my friend's statement.

-Even that low-life comes from the slum. She is still a princess. I can use her, so I can have a chance to become a noble in the future. (Commoner A)

-Ohh, so you have thought that far. (Commoner B)

-Of course, hahaha. (Commoner A)

The goddess really loves to play with my feeling. I instantly realize that both the friendship and sister's love I receive is fake. I run out of the church and go back to my room. This time, I don't feel depressed anymore.

-I'm just a tool to them! I'm not even a human in their eyes. (Aya)

My sadness gradually turns into anger.

-10 years from now, that nobleman won't be able to get rid of me. So what I'm scared of? (Aya)

I realize why I need to be scared of those servants or that nobleman. If they use me, I will use them back. I will use my position as the princess to fight against them until the end. The first thing I need to do is fired all servants who serve under me. When I tell them that I would fire them, they try to fight back.

-Who do you think you are, low-life? (Servant A)

-Let me ask you, who are you talking to? (Aya)

They are surprised at my reply. Because I am always silent at their threatening.

-You are the servant and I'm a princess. Do you think you have power here? (Aya)

-I..I (Servant B)

-So you don't know how serious your problem is? Do you think anyone would dare to hire a servant that was fired by Royalty?

-We are sorry, please don't fire us. (Servants)

I'm glaring at them:

-Being fired is a light punishment for insulting royalty you know. Get out of my sight! (Aya)

-Hiii, yes. (Servants)

That's one thing done. The following thing is to get rid of the fake friend. I ignore that girl when I stay in the church. That girl can't stand it and try to start a conversation with me.

-Hey, Aya, why didn't you meet me recently? (Commoner A)

-Why do I need to meet up with people who think of me as a tool? (Aya)

-What are you talking about, Aya? (Commoner A)

I look at her eye.

-Do you think I don't know you are lying to me all the time? (Aya)

The girl seems to know her plan has been done for. She instantly changes her attitude.

-So what? Do you become cheeky just because you are a princess? (Commoner A)

I laugh at her.

-You are so foolish! (Aya)

-You low-life! (Commoner A)

-A commoner dare to go against Royalty. Do you know what is the consequences of your silly action will result of ? (Aya)

I walk near her and whisper in her ear:

-The worst that could happen is the execution of your entire family. (Aya)

The girl was immediately frightened by my threats.

-Please, forgive me. (Commoner A)

I leave her behind and go back to the castle. I meet Sora on the way back to my room. She tries telling me something:

-Aya I... (Sora)

I shout at her.

-I know I will die in your place. So, you don't need to get close to me. I don't desire that fake sister's love. (Aya)

There's a hint of sadness, shown on her face. But, I don't care. I don't know if she's acting or not. I will continue living in my own way until the day I die instead of her place.

-Mom, please don't worry. From this moment, I can't be weak anymore. I can only believe in myself and continue living. (Aya)

 

Thanks for reading (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

74