Chapter 49/ Interlude 21: Love Blooms Under The Starry Sky
1.9k 16 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aya's POV

A commoner starts living with us recently. She is a short and adorable girl named Farah. I have a little discrimination against commoners, so I was a little harsh at her in the first time we met.

Yua has become busy lately, so Farah becomes the person in charge of cooking meals for everyone. I am currently tasting the food made by Farah.

-Is it delicious, Aya? (Farah)

-It tastes weird... (Aya)

I am startled when I see some tears coming out of Farah's eyes.

-Ahh...(Aya)

I try coughing to distract her from crying. However, Farah uses her hand to wipe her tears and start encouraging herself.

-I will prepare a better dish next time, Aya. (Farah)

-Ehhhh..(Aya)

I swear I don't try to make Farah cry on purpose. I have a bad habit that I can't telling truth when I'm embarrassed. Farah's food is so delicious, but I can't tell her directly.

The next day, Farah prepares a table full of extraordinary food. She looks at me with hope-filled eyes.

-Fine, fine lets me taste it. (Aya)

I gradually place the cooked meat into my mouth. The food tastes even better than last time.

-It's not bad. (Aya)

Farah jump for joy when she heard my answer. I unconsciously reach my hand out and try to pat her head.

-What's happened, Aya? (Farah)

I retract my hand and try to make an excuse.

-I need to exercise my hand a little bit. (Aya)

-Eh, is that so? (Farah)

From that moment, Farah officially becomes the personal chef of the mansion. Two of us start eating together every day.

-Do you want one more bowl of rice, Aya? (Farah)

-Very well. (Aya)

-Ehehe.(Farah)

-Why are you smiling? (Aya)

-You display a radiant face when you are consuming my food, Aya. (Farah)

My cheek slowly becomes red.

-I think you are misunderstood. (Aya)

-Eh? (Farah)

I ignore her and continue eating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I am sleeping, someone keeps knocking on my door. I open the door and see Farah is there.

-Why are you over here? (Aya)

She seems to be a little scared.

-I'm scared to sleep alone. Fifir goes outside and plays tonight...(Farah)

-That dog? (Aya)

I don't see the usual dog around her. The reason she can sleep alone maybe that dog. She looks at me with teary eyes.

-Can I sleep with you? (Farah)

-Fine...(Aya)

I place a pillow between us then said.

-You shall not pass this. (Aya)

-Okay! (Farah)

After lying for a while, Farah starts asking me:

-Hey Aya. (Farah)

-Yes? (Aya)

-Did you have a nightmare before? (Farah)

-We all have at least experience nightmares one time, Farah. (Aya)

Farah waits a bit then continue asking:

-How can you overcome it, Aya? (Farah)

-Don't pay much attention to the nightmare, then you will gradually forget about it. (Aya)

-But I can't get it out of my head no matter what, Aya. (Farah)

She looks a bit scared when she's talking about the nightmare.

-In the dream, I saw everyone being killed. There are only corpses around me. I don't want to see it happen "again."(Farah)

-You should just go to sleep already, Farah. (Aya)

At that time Farah gradually narrowed her eye and fall into a deep sleep. I reach out her head and caressing it.

-Rest well, Farah. (Aya)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-It's so itchy. (Aya)

Farah saw me keep scratching my ears. Therefore she comes over and asks me:

-Do you want me to clean the ears for you? (Farah)

-No, Than...(Aya)

Farah doesn't let me finish the sentence, she runs back to her room and takes out the ear's cleaning tool. I try making an excuse, so I can stop her from cleaning my ear.

-There is no pillow here. We should do the cleaning next time. (Aya)

Farah sit down and point at her thigh.

-You can place your head here. (Farah)

-But...(Aya)

-Pleaseee.(Farah)

-Fine. (Aya)

I place my head on her thigh. It feels extremely soft and warm.

-Is everything okay? (Farah)

-It's so-so. (Aya)

-Allow me to start. (Farah)

Farah starts cleaning my ears. Farah cleans my ears very gently. It's pleasant enough to make me fall into sleep.

-Aya, Aya. Wake up. (Farah)

-Eh? (Aya)

-It's already finished. (Farah)

-Are you feeling comfortable, Aya? (Farah)

I coldly reply:

-Not too bad. (Aya)

-Hehe. I'm used to cleaning my friend's ear, so I get used to doing it. (Farah)

-You also clean other's ear. (Aya)

I feel something is boiling inside me. I stand up and walk away from Farah.

- Aya. What's wrong? (Farah)

I keep walking without looking back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is an exam tomorrow, so I need to pull a night study. When I'm on my way to get some drink from the fridge, I discover the door leading to the rooftop is being opened. Curiously, I go up the stair and see a little girl is observing the star. The girl seems not to pay attention to anything around her and keeps observing the starry sky.

-What are you doing here this late? (Aya)

-Ah, I'm watching stars a little bit Aya. (Farah)

-Do you love observing stars that much? (Aya)

-Yes. The star here is beautiful, but the starry sky in my hometown is even better.(Farah)

Farah tries reaching out to the star in the sky.

-I wished I can see it again. (Farah)

There is little sadness lingering in her eyes. I try to sit down near Farah.

-Do you like the star, Aya? (Farah)

-Not really. (Aya)

Farah looks kinda down when I said that.

-But looking at it helps me relax after learning. (Aya)

Farah makes a bright smile and asks me:

-Is that so? (Farah)

A little girl continues looking up at the sky. She looks at those stars and tries reaching them as if her home is beyond those stars. The scenery in front of me is breathtaking enough to make me stop from doing anything. My cheeks start turning red, my heart starts pounding like crazy. Farah is not only a kind-hearted and adorable girl, but she is also a caring person and proficient in doing housework. In the future, Farah can become the ideal wife that everyone dreams of.

-What's wrong Aya? You look kinda red. (Farah)

She tries to reach her hand to my face. But I knock her hand reflexively.

-Eh? (Farah)

Her face became like an abandoned puppy. I try running away, so I tell her.

-I need to go back to finish my learning. (Aya)

-Yes...(Farah)

I left the rooftop and come back to my room. I hug the blanket and mock myself.

-What have I done? I shouldn't do that. (Aya)

I remember that moment again, and my heart starts beating like crazy.

-What is this? (Aya)

I look at the ceiling and ask myself.

-Is this love? (Aya)

I try denying it:

-No way, there is no way. (Aya)

 

It's enough of fluff for now. The next chapter will be back to the main storyline.  (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

66