Chapter 52: To Protect The One You Love-1
1.9k 14 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Humilitas's POV

Ahma and I finally successful sneaking into the palace:

-The life signal of Mind, Body, and Wisdom has become weaker. We need to hurry. (Humilitas)

-There are many void beasts wander around the castle, we can't move faster. (Ahma)

Suddenly the whole palace starts shaking. A shadow flies through the wall and lands beside us. That shadow is not anyone strange but the greed goddess Avaritia.

-What the? (Humilitas)

-Dodge! (Ahma)

A tentacle comes from the hole on the wall that Avaritia just flew through and attack her. We instantly jump to dodge the attack from the tentacle.

-Hey, what the hell you guys up to? (Humilitas)

Avaritia silent at Humilitas's question.

-You! (Humilitas)

*Boom* The wall in front of us exploded. There is much smoke is created from the explosion.

-Hey, why don't you try fighting back? You damn greed goddess. (Humilitas)

Avaritia finally opens her mouth and answer.

-I can't, I afraid of hurting princess. (Avaritia)

-What are you talking about? (Humilitas)

A mature girl with pink hair comes from the smoke; There are many tentacles around her. She is holding a little girl with golden hair in her arm. Behind her the tentacles are holding three people, from the life signal, I can guess they are wisdom, mind, and body.

No description available.

Ahma seems to be surprised at the appearance of that girl:

-I can see the red thread comes from her. She is Farah. (Ahma)

-What did you just say? How can that little girl become mature overnight? (Humilitas)

"Farah?" Ignore us and start attacking Avaritia.

-Princess, please wake up. (Avaritia)

"Farah?" speak with a voice that devoid of emotion:

-You... DIE! (Farah)

-You leave me no choice, princess. Goddess authority! (Avaritia)

However, nothing happened when Avaritia tries to use her goddess authority.

-... I can't exercise authority. (Avaritia)

The tentacle comes right at Avaritia, a person jumps in front of her and parry the tentacle attack. It's a partner in the crimes of Avaritia and the first princess of Ecrax's kingdom.

-What is happening? (Sora)

-That hair's color? Is that Farah? (Yua)

Yua shouts at Avaritia.

-What did you do when I go out, Avaritia? You are supposed to protect her. (Yua)

Avaritia is angry at Yua.

-I have provided princess everything. She merely becomes this state when she saw me do the ceremony. (Avaritia)

Yua seems to grasp something.

-Septem already tell you to keep her far from the ceremony, don't you? (Yua)

-I have tried doing that. However, Farah has a skill that can see the future, so she predicts I will do the ceremony. (Avaritia)

-Have you explained to her that ceremony only hurt a little and is not like what it looks like? (Yua)

Avaritia is silent at Yua's statement. I don't leave this chance and mock them.

-I don't think what you guys doing is safe at all. I can feel it from their life signal. I don't know what are you guys trying to do, but my servants are almost dead. (Humilitas)

Yua seems surprised at my statement.

-It's different from what Septem told to me. (Yua)

-And Avaritia. (Humilitas)

-What? (Avaritia)

-You know Farah love that girl, right? You know the ceremony will be dangerous, so you try using it to eliminate her, right? (Humilitas)

Avaritia avoids our line of sight.

-We should talk about that thing later. (Sora)

Sora is currently helping Avaritia defend those tentacles. I point at the girl that Farah is holding and three girls in the back and said:

-We need to take them away from Farah. They need my healing otherwise they will die soon. (Humilitas)

-Be careful of those tentacles, they are strange. They seem to be able to block the divine power of me and Avaritia. I don't if it can block mana too. (Humilitas)

Yua raises her hand:

-I have a plan. (Yua)

-What is it, Yua? (Humilitas)

Yua takes out a green crystal from her pocket.

-Septem tell me to use this in an emergency. I don't know if it works or not, since she can also lie to me like what she has informed me about the ceremony. (Yua)

-We better give it a try. We have nothing to lose currently. (Humilitas)

Yua said hastily:

-You guys, We need to hold hands to use this crystal. (Yua)

When we hold hands with each other, Yua crushes the green crystal. A green wave of energy flowing through the whole palace. Yua told us:

-The tentacle is moving much slower. It feels the time around Farah and tentacle are being slowed down.  (Sora)

Ahma called up the undead and take away Aya and others from Farah.

-We need to go now, I think the effect will expire soon. (Yua)

However, Ahma still stands there without moving. I try moving her, but she tells me.

-I can't leave her here... (Ahma)

-We need a plan to make her normal, Ahma. She won't listen to you in this state. (Humilitas)

-But... (Ahma)

I look at her eye.

-Do you want to help her? (Humilitas)

-By all means. (Ahma)

-Then follow me. We will come back to help her later. (Humilitas)

When we successfully escape from the palace, A angry howl can be heard from the palace's direction

-The stone seems to be expired. Farah is trying to find Aya and others. (Yua)

Yua looks at the castle and said:

-It's all my fault; revenge has made me unable to see the thing I should protect. Farah is like a little sister to me, and I have hurt her a lot when I try using Aya and Wisd for the ceremony. (Yua)

Sora pats Yua's shoulder:

-You can't change the past. We should take a break then we will come back and save her. (Sora)

-Thanks. Sora. (Yua)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hale's POV

In the black space.

-Farah listen to me. (Hale)

There is an invisible separate me from Farah and I'm unable to break the wall that separates us. Farah can't hear my voice, but I can hear her cry all over the black space.

-Farah, I'm right here. (Hale)

 

Thanks for reading. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ.

 

64