Chapter 80/Interlude 31: The Memory Between Us-3 ✔️
983 11 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The boy and his family live in a "Black" district. In this district, many people carry out things consider immoral for an average human. The life of humans here is insignificant, It's not too weird if one or a few people disappear suddenly in a few days.

The two adults with many tattoos stare at the boy walking with his bread bag.

-Bro, that boy is holding a big bag of bread. (Bully A)

-Oh, we have to teach him how this society works. (Bully B)

The two adults with many tattoos come near the boy.

-You there! (Bully A)

The boy is startled at two adults' calling.

-...Yes? (Hale)

-Do you know you can't bring food from outside into this district? (Bully A)

-I never heard of it. It's not the first time...(Hale)

Those two men don't let the boy finish the sentence and punch him in the face.

-What we mentioned is truth no matter what, kid. (Bully B)

-Don't make us angry, kid. (Bully A)

The boy's face looks like he wants to cry. However, he holds it in and keeps hugging the bread's bag.

-Give us that bread bag! (Bully A)

-You piece of...(Bully B)

Those men keep punching the boy. No matter how strong the boy is, he can't fight against those two adults. After a while, they successfully take the bread bag from the boy.

-See ya, sucker! (Bully A)

-Bro, We easily get food today. (Bully B)

-Right! Ahaha, I never think we can obtain food this easily. (Bully A)

When the two adults leave, the boy slowly stands up. He looks at the piece of bread in his hand. In the fight between him and the adult, he can only hold back a piece of bread. The boy starts tearing up when there is no one is nearby.

-Why am I so useless? (Hale)

The boy shakes his head.

-It's better than nothing. I can still give it to my mother and sister. (Hale)

The boy starts running toward his house. On his way, he hopes he won't meet other bullies. When he reaches his home, he sees his father is waiting at the front of the house.

-You! Do you get any money today? (Father)

The boy replies to his father with a low-pitched voice.

-I can't get any money. (Hale)

-Again? You are useless! (Father)

The father starts beating the boy.

-You have only one thing is to beg for money! And you can't even do it. (Father)

The boy ensconces himself to protect his body from the beating of his father.

-If you still do not get me any money, I will sell your sister. She can get me a few coins from those human traffickers. (Father)

-No, please... don't. (Hale)

The boy starts begging his father.

-Then, do your damn work! (Father)

After finish beating the boy, his father leaves the house and heads somewhere. Many bruises can see on the boy's body. A little shadow runs out from the house and hugs the boy.

-Brother! (Renata)

-Renata, I'm back. (Hale)

-That man hits you again, brother. (Renata)

The boy can merely laugh at his sister's statement.

-Moh, brother. You need to stand up and fight against him. (Renata)

The boy caresses his sister's head.

-You are energetic as usual, Renata. (Hale)

-Moh, brother try to change the topic again. If I grow bigger, I will become the one to fight off the evil and protect my brother. (Renata)

-You learn it from watching those anime on the street again, Renata? (Hale)

Renata does some strange poses.

-Yes, this magical girl will protect brother! (Renata)

-Ahaha!(Hale)

The boy takes out the piece of bread from his shirt pocket and breaks it in half. He gives half of the bread to Renata.

-Here is your tonight dinner, Renata. (Hale)

-You are not going to eat again, brother? (Renata)

-What are you talking about, Renata? (Hale)

-You are going to give the rest to mother and starve yourself again! (Renata)

The boy shakes his head.

-The truth is I ate already, Renata. Don't worry about me. (Hale)

Renata runs off while denying the boy's statement.

-The big brother is a liar! I hate you. (Renata)

The boy can merely utter a deep sigh. His house has two rooms. His father stays in one room while he, his sister, and his mother stay in another room. The room he is staying in can barely fit three-person lying together. He goes to his mom is lying on the ground and gives her the rest of the bread.

-Mom! It's your dinner tonight. (Hale)

His mom starts tearing up when she sees those bruises on his body.

-I'm sorry, Hale. I'm not a good mom. (Mom)

He hugs his mom, who is lying down, and appeases her.

-Mom, it's not your fault. (Hale)

His mom caresses the boy's hair.

-You need to eat, Hale. I am too feeble, I don't think I will live for a long time. (Mom)

-No, mom. What are you talking about? We still need you by our side, mom. (Hale)

After his persuasion, his mom finally eats the bread.

-You should be the one to eat it instead of me. (Mom)

The boy shakes his head.

-You need to live, mother. We cherish you more than anything in this world. (Hale)

In this life, there is nothing better than have a good son. The only regret the mother harbors is she can't give them a better life. The mother smiles at her son.

-Thanks, Hale. I love you and Renata, too. (Mom)

That night, the boy can't sleep due to hunger. He climbs on the roof of the house. The boy loves observing the starry sky, the sole thing he can have for free.

-The sky is so radiant, tonight. (Hale)

If nothing happens, the life of the boy will continue as it is. The boy points at a star in the sky.

-I feel like that star is coming closer. (Hale)

The boy is still a give years old boy no matter he has grown up mentally. He is still curious about the star. The boy jumps off the roof and follows the star's direction.

-It's falling into the forest! (Hale)

The star has landed in the forest near the city where the boy lives. The boy starts his search for the fallen star.

-Did the star fall around here? (Hale)

The boys keep looking around the forest until he finds a colorful stone inside a deep hole.

-The star looks so glamorous! (Hale)

At this moment, The boy never knows the fallen star will make his life take a new turn.

 

Our cute Farah will have revenge on those bullies on the next chappy, Please wait for it.

Thanks for reading (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

 

47